Breath of the Wild: The Absolutely Necessary Release Thread

Discussion in 'The Legend of Zelda: See That Mountain?' started by X-3, Mar 2, 2017.

CaptHayfever

CaptHayfever Awesome Smash Bros Mod Staff Member

Il Piantissimo freaking murders you for losing races to him, & you're surprised at this? :wink:

And remember, "I'm-a Luigi, number one!"
    Marilink

Marilink Sailboat to the Island of Your Desires Staff Member

Reporting back: turns out that it was not simple health deduction. Thanks for bringing this to my attention, guys!

Also, today I beat the game directly from the Plateau. After practicing, it took me about 2.5 hours of play time, since I spent some extra time exploring the castle and picking up cooking materials. I think Thunderblight Ganon is the true final boss tbh.

I'm super happy about this accomplishment. I feel like I can put the game down for a while, now.
    е и ժ е я likes this.
    е и ժ е я

е и ժ е я ▼ ▼ ▼ ▼ ▼ ▼ ▼ ▼ ▼ ▼ ▼ ▼ ▼ ▼ ▼ ▼ Staff Member

I am still blanketing the entire map with spot-to-spot inspection. I have gathered the majority of the korok seeds so I will probably end with near full completion.

I agree that swimming upstream is unpleasant, but you can travel down the entire river in the zora armor relatively painlessly. The speed should definitely have been considered more, but then again I'm not going to fault them for actually including a current.
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 19, 2017, Original Post Date: Apr 19, 2017 ---
    I used a meteor rod to set the entire place on fire while flying away. It was worth it. RIP in pieces dumb flower woman.
    The Missing Link

The Missing Link Professional Lurker Staff Member

I flew into the flower lady from afar, so I had no idea she didn't want me to land on the flowers. I *could* have landed on the shrine dais altogether (the thought crossed my mind!!), but I decided that it didn't matter. The next time was me simply being careless and trying to cut corners. The last time was me screwing up thanks to some enemy that was in the way.

Re: bosses
    Thunderblight is truly the hardest boss of the lot. The only reason that Calamity Ganon *might* be harder is the fact that the last phase when he goes into Super Saiyan invincible mode is that you have to pull off a ton of perfect dodges to actually do anything to him. I haven't tried this yet so I don't know how hard it is since I just Daruk'd and Urbosa'd him out the wazoo.

Swimming is slow, though having all three sets of Zora's Armor, but yes swimming upstream is a bad idea... but that's how it'd be in real life yo. I do wish that falling off a cliff after climbing into water wasn't quite so catastrophic. After all, there's a reason people can conserve energy by floating in water. :tongue: I totally get the stamina thing is an attempt to maintain the illusion of "you can go anywhere you want" without reaching the invisible wall at the end of the map... but if they were *really* going for that, they wouldn't allow you to hit said invisible wall in the desert and in the northeast. :tongue:
    Marilink

^Re: final boss phase 2

I beat Calamity on only my 3rd attempt. Once you figure out the guardian beam shield parry timing, that second phase is not bad if you're patient.
    Sim Kid

Sim Kid Well-Known Member

If you fail three times, she beats you up to a quarter of a heart left. It's kind of funny.
    Marilink likes this.
    е и ժ е я

е и ժ е я ▼ ▼ ▼ ▼ ▼ ▼ ▼ ▼ ▼ ▼ ▼ ▼ ▼ ▼ ▼ ▼ Staff Member

I just cleared the Rito beast. I really could've used the magic ability sooner, considering all the climbing I do.
    Daos

Daos Banned Members Forum Mod

Finally picked this up along with a Switch today. It is so easy to be distracted, not just by exploring but the sights. Just a few minutes ago I was hunting some boar in a forest when I had two thoughts "who would have ever thought I would be hunting in a Zelda game" and "this looks like a forest, an actual forest and not a maze with walls that look like dense trees!"
    Sim Kid

Okay, you know those shrines on the dueling peaks? The ones with the puzzles that include the balls in the holes? (Vee Shana or something?)

Did I miss something? Like, was there a hint that I skipped over?
    Marilink

^There is a sign in the shrine that gives you the clue.
    Sim Kid

Aha, I did miss it then.
    Marilink

Also, the trials are both named Twin Memories, and the names of the shrines are Shee Vaneer and Shee Venath.
    Sim Kid

Thanks. I knew it had to do with the other (They actually say that), I wondered if maybe the "Default" pattern was the solution to the other but kinda brute-forced the first (Vaneer I think) because I wasn't willing to teleport out, glide across the cliff to the other, then teleport back after writing down the clue to try it out.

Still nice to get 2 orbs.

(also note to self: Do not do the gyroscopic puzzles in handheld mode)
    Booyakasha

Booyakasha serves as great comic relief Staff Member

So if I get the Wii U version of BotW, am I going to be missing out on anything significant? Strictly curious.
    Deku Tree

Deku Tree Awesome Current Events and PPR Mod Staff Member

Same content, from what I'm reading.
    Random User

Random User Overlord of Evil

A slightly bigger issue with frame drops and somewhat significant pop-in compared to the Switch version. Otherwise yeah everything is the same.
    Marilink

The versions are practically identical.
    Booyakasha

Cool. Thanks for the intel, gang.

...BotW looks super hype. Everything I've seen of it makes me think it's my kind of thing.
    Marilink likes this.
    The Missing Link

The Missing Link Professional Lurker Staff Member

It's good to see you back on the Zelda wagon after so long, Boo. :wink:
    Booyakasha

Hmmmph. They tricked me into coming back. 'Hey, Boo, you want to try out this new Dynasty Warriors game? Hahahaa-----------fooled you, it's Zelda biz, chump! No, Lu Bu isn't in------------they replaced him with that drippy bug girl from TP! Ahahahaa!' Filthy.