Breath of the Wild: The Absolutely Necessary Release Thread

Discussion in 'The Legend of Zelda: See That Mountain?' started by X-3, Mar 2, 2017.

CaptHayfever

CaptHayfever Awesome Smash Bros Mod Staff Member

Il Piantissimo freaking murders you for losing races to him, & you're surprised at this? :wink:

And remember, "I'm-a Luigi, number one!"
    Marilink

Marilink Sailboat to the Island of Your Desires Staff Member

Reporting back: turns out that it was not simple health deduction. Thanks for bringing this to my attention, guys!

Also, today I beat the game directly from the Plateau. After practicing, it took me about 2.5 hours of play time, since I spent some extra time exploring the castle and picking up cooking materials. I think Thunderblight Ganon is the true final boss tbh.

I'm super happy about this accomplishment. I feel like I can put the game down for a while, now.
    е и ժ е я likes this.
    е и ժ е я

е и ժ е я ▼ ▼ ▼ ▼ ▼ ▼ ▼ ▼ ▼ ▼ ▼ ▼ ▼ ▼ ▼ ▼ Staff Member

I am still blanketing the entire map with spot-to-spot inspection. I have gathered the majority of the korok seeds so I will probably end with near full completion.

I agree that swimming upstream is unpleasant, but you can travel down the entire river in the zora armor relatively painlessly. The speed should definitely have been considered more, but then again I'm not going to fault them for actually including a current.
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 19, 2017 at 7:56 PM, Original Post Date: Apr 19, 2017 at 7:49 PM ---
    I used a meteor rod to set the entire place on fire while flying away. It was worth it. RIP in pieces dumb flower woman.
    The Missing Link

The Missing Link Professional Lurker Staff Member

I flew into the flower lady from afar, so I had no idea she didn't want me to land on the flowers. I *could* have landed on the shrine dais altogether (the thought crossed my mind!!), but I decided that it didn't matter. The next time was me simply being careless and trying to cut corners. The last time was me screwing up thanks to some enemy that was in the way.

Re: bosses
    Thunderblight is truly the hardest boss of the lot. The only reason that Calamity Ganon *might* be harder is the fact that the last phase when he goes into Super Saiyan invincible mode is that you have to pull off a ton of perfect dodges to actually do anything to him. I haven't tried this yet so I don't know how hard it is since I just Daruk'd and Urbosa'd him out the wazoo.

Swimming is slow, though having all three sets of Zora's Armor, but yes swimming upstream is a bad idea... but that's how it'd be in real life yo. I do wish that falling off a cliff after climbing into water wasn't quite so catastrophic. After all, there's a reason people can conserve energy by floating in water. :tongue: I totally get the stamina thing is an attempt to maintain the illusion of "you can go anywhere you want" without reaching the invisible wall at the end of the map... but if they were *really* going for that, they wouldn't allow you to hit said invisible wall in the desert and in the northeast. :tongue:
    Marilink

Marilink Sailboat to the Island of Your Desires Staff Member

^Re: final boss phase 2

I beat Calamity on only my 3rd attempt. Once you figure out the guardian beam shield parry timing, that second phase is not bad if you're patient.
    Sim Kid

Sim Kid Well-Known Member

If you fail three times, she beats you up to a quarter of a heart left. It's kind of funny.
    Marilink likes this.