Brief comments about games on your phone

Discussion in 'General Gaming - Ten Hut!' started by S1x, Jun 18, 2016.

Pantagon Dark

Pantagon Dark CERO MIEDO Staff Member

Color 6 is definitely a fun game for when you don't have service. One of my go-to games on the bus.
    Kat in a Christmas Tree

Kat in a Christmas Tree Deep Fried and Bonafide

Happened upon a version of Set in the Play Store called Triples. Great for reliving that smartpeopleclass nostalgia.
    S1x

S1x Now That's Strategy

Miitomo

[​IMG] [​IMG]

By loose definitions, it's still a game. It's Mii Facebook, also featuring Plinko For Clothing.

Since so much of the app is based on interacting with others and showing off to them, to me this game lives and dies by the content of the ~15 or so people I've friended.

Their answers to questions have all completely run out since at least August.

okay then
    Kat in a Christmas Tree

Kat in a Christmas Tree Deep Fried and Bonafide

I uninstalled Miitomo in favor of Pokemon Go.
    SKELETOR

SKELETOR Overlord of Evil

Miitomo was a novel app considering it was from Nintendo, but lack of things to do really other than answer various questions to hear your Mii say curse words and play plinko caused its novelty to wear off fairly fast for me.
    S1x

S1x Now That's Strategy

You Must Build A Boat

[​IMG] [​IMG]

This has an up-front purchase, but I got it with promotional credit, so my own disorganized criteria says this counts.

When you enter a level, you get a guy running down a hallway on the top, and a match-3 grid on the bottom. You drag entire rows or columns until you match 3+ of something, and it determines what you do on the top. When you're in front of an enemy, you want to match swords, shields, and staves to fight it, and when you're in front of chests, you want to match keys to unlock it. The screen slowly scrolls when you're not matching. When you get either struck or slowly pushed off the left, your run ends and you collect whatever loot you got. You then hang out on a boat and upgrade yourself for your next run.

I keep struggling to give a final call on my opinion of this game. When I think of this as an arcade-style game (each run takes 1 to 10 minutes), I think it's great. When I think of it other ways, it's less impressive. There are progression systems, and increasing amounts of ways to affect your run in between, but it doesn't really excite me as much as getting as far as possible in one go.
    S1x

S1x Now That's Strategy

Fire Emblem Heroes

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Now that's mobility.

Macro game is extremely similar to that of Puzzle & Dragons, Mobius FF, or any one of the "gacha" style games where you pay premium currency for random things and build a small team with them, so if you don't like those, you can stop here. This time, the random things are characters from all the past Fire Emblem games. The one thing to note is that if you pull the slot machine multiple times in one go, you don't have to pay as much of the premium currency, so stock up.

Core gameplay is very simplified Fire Emblem. Maps are never larger than the size shown in the screenshot above. Most units can only move 2 spaces at a time, which makes arranging your melee vs ranged units fairly strategic at times. In this game, there are no accuracy checks or critical hit checks, which works quite well for what this app is trying to be. A single battle is likely going to take you 3 to 5 minutes.

I'll play as long as I can with the units I summoned at the start and see where I hit a wall (I still play Mobius FF and it got pretty tricky; maybe I'll follow up on that soon). This hasn't convinced me to spend money yet, but we'll see...
    I REALLY HATE POKEMON!

I REALLY HATE POKEMON! Goku lives on the Sun

Top Poster Of Month

^ I tried that game, it's not as good as I hoped. Story is weak, gameplay too simplified, controls are wonky...I like the music and sound, graphics are nice, but I think Nintendo watered it down too much. I know what they were going for but I think it could've been done better.

Is there PvP?
    X-3

X-3 The Wurst Member Staff Member

I've been playing Pokémon Shuffle a lot. Gotta get those event Pokémon.
    Apollo the Just

Apollo the Just Dragon Enthusiast Staff Member

Heroes is so much fun. I got my husbando Hinata so as far as I'm concerned I beat the game.
    Deku Tree

Deku Tree Awesome Current Events and PPR Mod Staff Member

Heroes is pretty fun. Need to read up on how I should be spending my resources.
    Apollo the Just

I upgraded Sully to a four star hero instead of using one of my already four star heroes bc I like her better. Was a good decision.
    Deku Tree

I pulled a Hawkeye first go. He's pretty dope.
    Apollo the Just

Sully/Hinata/Cherche/Lissa is killin it so far for me. I have Robin as a 5-star but I don't like him as much so I'm like, whatever, I'll just grind my other dudes.

((would dump any of them for Roy tho))
    Marilink

Marilink Sailboat to the Island of Your Desires Staff Member

Lucina/Gunter/Sharena/Clarine is the party that has been really doing well for me. Hoping to get some badges to upgrade my 3-stars soon.
    StarryPeach

StarryPeach generic

Heroes is so much fun. Currently wrecking things with Lucina/Cherche/Lissa/Catria. Still don't have Eliwood or Stahl yet but perhaps in due time. I do have Roy though.

It's not exactly PvP, but there's an arena. But the characters in the arena, while they are players' characters, are AI controlled.
    I REALLY HATE POKEMON!

I REALLY HATE POKEMON! Goku lives on the Sun

Top Poster Of Month

That's kinda neat, too bad there's no real multiplayer though.

Speaking of which, Yugioh Duel Links and Pokemon Duel are pretty great. I wish Yugioh had options for standard rules and Pokemon matches against computers take too long, but otherwise they're really fun.
    Deku Tree

[​IMG]
    Not bad today.

Also kinda neat that Pokemon Go got Gen 2 Pokemon now.
    Marilink

Marilink Sailboat to the Island of Your Desires Staff Member

2 Five-stars in one pull? Not bad.
    S1x

S1x Now That's Strategy

I got two 5 star units in my first 10 summons. I think it helped out a lot with early game content. Unfortunately, once you've cleared all the story missions, there's little other content, but it could still get updated with cool stuff. Orb value is too unrewarding for me to spend money still.

LYNE

[​IMG]

connect all shapes by drawing lines with your finger

sometimes you need to pass through the same gate 2 or 3 times

sometimes you got to stop and think

minimalism is relaxing
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2017