First Presidential Press Conference Only to Release Lies, More to Come

Discussion in 'Politics, Philosophy, and Religion' started by My Potions Are Too Strong For You Traveller, Jan 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    ScottyMcGee

ScottyMcGee Super Lab Tech

There needs to be some Bannon/Gannon memes.

I mean, the guy has the body type for Ganon pretty much.
    I REALLY HATE POKEMON!

I REALLY HATE POKEMON! Goku lives on the Sun

^^^ I'm more concerned with results. If Trump can keep most of his promises then great. People have been losing their **** since before he got in office and haven't stopped since. He's not yet done anything (which I am aware of) which I find considerably troublesome. The main whines are about his fine decisions on immigration and LGBT bathroom stuff, things which don't warrant the reactions we see like comparing him to Hitler and saying he's going to nuke everything. The biggest threat from him is to healthcare for the poor; he says we're gonna be fine (that it will be better actually) but I wasn't born yesterday, I don't believe it. However, if he does right by everyone in that regard he's in good shape in my opinion.
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 2, 2017, Original Post Date: Mar 2, 2017 ---
    Bannon isn't president, Hillary would've been.
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2017
    CaptHayfever

CaptHayfever Awesome Smash Bros Mod Staff Member

Hillary would've been swiftly impeached by the Republican Congress the second she stepped out of line.

And remember, "I'm-a Luigi, number one!"
    My Potions Are Too Strong For You Traveller

My Potions Are Too Strong For You Traveller Supermod Staff Member

"Fine decisions" as verified by Ihop, everybody.

Not like he's outright appointed unqualified people to everything he could and mobilised I.C.E. to harrass and detain hispanic americans, outright offended the armed services and attempted to underfund the state dept. to the tune of receiving signed protest by literally every bloody general in the military, made disgusting international gaffs, attacked and fixated on critics in the press, proven his aversion to the truth, made outrageous claims about voter fraud, cost voters literal millions daily for security at his property, failed to divest himself of his businesses or assets, or anything else. That's small fries. Nosirree, as far as Ihop is concerned, the entirety of this thread doesn't exist.
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2017
    Apollo the Just and SKELETOR like this.
    I REALLY HATE POKEMON!

Some of these issues you cite range from disingenuous (the media attacked him first) to baby s*** ("disgusting international gaffs" whatever they may be). There's a few real issues in there but none of it warrants comparisons to Hitler and you know it.
    The Amazing Tazy Ten

The Amazing Tazy Ten Happy Dingergisbar! Supporter

The Politifact article and the quote from Facebook are not connected in any way.

The article itself is just fact checking what Donald Trump said during his speech to congress which isn't anything super awful. Trump did say a lot of half truths made by exaggerations and statistics though.

I'd actually recommend reading it if you're interested.
    I REALLY HATE POKEMON!

^ Yeah, I'm sure Trump has exaggerated plenty, probably even lied. I don't think he's actually against abortion for example, though he did seem to speak with righteous indignation about it when debating Clinton.

Speaking of Clinton, I don't want to make a whole new topic for this one dumb observation but am I the only one who thinks she seems insane? Better or worse than Trump, I don't care, just as a person:

[​IMG]

It's not just one bad picture either, I really question her sanity just by looking at her and her interactions with people. I think of this quote when I see her:

It is true, one would expect Ihop to indulge those oldest of practices, the judging of books by their covers and the beating of horses which are now beyond death.

She's not running anymore. Get over it, the false dichotomy has no place in this thread.
    Jesus

Jesus Active Member

Why is it people decide to make arguments against Hillary which are strictly opinion with no factual basis? Add that the fact they feel the need to look up the most unflattering picture of her to include with that opinion? I can do the same for any politician. But honestly, IRHP why are you making the judgment that she looks insane just by looking at her? Have you bothered to read what she has stood up for? Have you bothered to listen to her speeches she's made? She's way more articulate to me than Donald Trump could ever be. I happen to disagree completely that she seems insane. She's probably one of the most level headed candidates from the past election. If we were to talk about people who came off as insane to me, I would have to put my finger on Donald Trump. And I don't say that simply because I looked at pictures of him. I say that because of his blatant lies and angry tyrades with no factual basis that he has convinced himself as truth even after being proven wrong left and right. See how I made my judgment not based on how someone looks in a picture but rather by how they act?

I appreciate your ideas as I agree with them, WvsW, but please don't drag this thread off subject further to engage a post that's already been warned.
    Jesus

Jesus Active Member

Sorry sorry. Just sick of the manipulative ******** things people try to pass off as a valid argument.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.