How are you all doing?

Discussion in 'Introductions, Goodbyes, & Sheep' started by MembouKun, Jan 18, 2016.

Membou

Membou Member

I believe this is now my 2nd or 3rd attempt to return as an active member, so I hope everyone's been doing well. Each time I think I've set my expectations too high and never consistently came back to join in conversations. It's kinda crazy to see that while these forums have certainly evolved over the years, so many things have remained the same (in regards to several mainstay members and moderators). Rambling aside, it feels kind of like coming home and revisiting my youth (now I just sound like I'm an old man, haha). If I remember right, my old username was smashbrother_64, but I couldn't say for sure if there was some kind of variation on that.

Anyways for introduction's sake as far as a "get to know me" post, my interests include video game music, story-driven games such as Telltale's recent games or smaller indie games like To The Moon, Japanese RPGs both modern and classic, learning and speaking Japanese, and game design, among other things. Some of my recent favorite games have been Xenoblade Chronicles X, Undertale (yeah, I'm sure many of you have heard more than enough about that one, lol), and Metal Gear Solid 5. Looking forward to playing Mario and Luigi: Paper Jam and Final Fantasy Explorers next week.

Of course, there are a lot of other topics that interest me, but I don't want to bog people down with too long an introduction [/too late].

TL;DR version: I am someone who used to visit here a lot as a kid, and have been looking for an outlet to have video game and other geeky conversations with. Pleasure to meet ya, or good to see you again for anyone who might have a vague recollection of seeing me here in the past.
    The Amazing Tazy Ten

The Amazing Tazy Ten Happy Dingergisbar! Supporter

Welcome! We hope to see you a lot more often.
    MembouKun likes this.
    CaptHayfever

CaptHayfever Awesome Smash Bros Mod Staff Member

Ahoy! Welcome back! Again!
    To answer your question, I'm doing okay. :smile:

And remember, "I'm-a Luigi, number one!"
    MembouKun likes this.
    Membou

Membou Member

Sounds good, Cap! And thanks to both of you!
    Heroine of the Dragon

Heroine of the Dragon Faerie ♥☆♥ Marshmallow Administrator Staff Member

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY welcome back!!! Ahhh I remember that other pdn... and I hope I gave you marshmallows on one of those other returns to VGF!!! :tongue: Anyways, I'm very happy to see you return and hope your mission out in the real world was an astounding success!! *gives you marshmallows* :wink:

I'm doing great, thanks!! I also just started M&L: Paper Jam Bros and am enjoying it heaps!! Have fun with playing it!! :D
    MembouKun likes this.
    DarkZero

DarkZero Beep-N-Boop Guy Supporter

I think I vaguely remember you. Welcome back to VGF!
    MembouKun likes this.
    Scarecrow

Scarecrow Watch your enemies burn Staff Member

Welcome back brah!

I'm fantastic! Thanks :smile:
    MembouKun likes this.
    SKELETOR

SKELETOR Overlord of Evil

Heya, welcome back to the forums!
    MembouKun likes this.
    Membou

Membou Member

I'm sure I still have the marshmallows from previous vis--... those probably are stale. Thanks for the new batch, HotD! You must be in another region to be playing Paper Jam already... [/jealous] Glad to hear it, though! Thanks again everyone for the welcome messages!

Edit: I could be missing something, but how would you go about changing your avatar image? Is it a premium feature or anything like that? I haven't been able to find any information in my profile page.
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2016
    Heroine of the Dragon likes this.
    The Amazing Tazy Ten

The Amazing Tazy Ten Happy Dingergisbar! Supporter

You need more posts. There's also a time restriction, but your account is old enough that it's not an issue.
    MembouKun likes this.
    Membou

Membou Member

I see, thanks! If only there were a grayed out option that mentioned post requirement, haha.
    Heroine of the Dragon

Heroine of the Dragon Faerie ♥☆♥ Marshmallow Administrator Staff Member

You are supposed to consume them in a timely manner. :tongue: You're welcome to marshmallows any time. :wink:

Yes, I live in the future in the southern hemisphere... it's currently raining and awesome here. :wink: Unfortunately, summer is angry and likely to be back soon... oh well, I intend to dance and sing in the rain whilst we have it!!

See PM. :D
    MembouKun

MembouKun A Chocobo's Best Friend

Got it, and just so everyone knows, got the old account back up (thanks to HotD), and got the name change to avoid confusion. See you all around the forums!
    Saria Dragon of the Rain Wilds

Saria Dragon of the Rain Wilds Oh super wow! Administrator Staff Member

Welcome back, man! *confetti*
    The Eddie Stilson

The Eddie Stilson Member

Good to see you.