How do you think Sylux may play into Prime 4?

Discussion in 'Metroid: Self-Destruct Sequence Activated' started by е и ժ е я, Jun 15, 2017.

е и ժ е я

е и ժ е я ▼ ▼ ▼ ▼ ▼ ▼ ▼ ▼ ▼ ▼ ▼ ▼ ▼ ▼ ▼ ▼ Staff Member

[​IMG]

Sylux isn't exactly the best known character in the Metroid series, coming from the spin-off DS release Metroid Prime: Hunters and essentially having their background largely still unexplained. The Prime series has shown a history of emphasis on rivals to Samus, both with Dark Samus and subsequently the infected hunters employed in Prime 3. In the central Prime series, we were last given a glimpse of Sylux's ship having followed Samus and the Federation into unknown space, near the planet Phaaze, and subsequently it is possible he may have made an appearance in the spinoff, Metroid Prime: Federation Force.

The official Hunters manual states: "Sylux is a resourceful tracker, and a deadly sharpshooter who harbors an intense hatred for the Galactic Federation and for Samus Aran for assisting the Galactic Federation in the past"

And the log entry for Sylux in Hunters itself reads: "This hunter's power suit appears to be based on a federation prototype and possesses extraordinary offensive and defensive capabilities. SYLUX's weapon is the SHOCK COIL, a banned technology that fires charged blasts of high-density NEUTRINOS."

What are your thoughts to this character's origin and motives?
    X-3

X-3 Punished Mod Staff Member

They will be central to the plot, be it as a rival character or the primary antagonist. My guess is they're a former GF Trooper that got ****ed up in some whack experiment so now they're pissed.
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2017
    Random User

Random User Overlord of Evil

Sounds set up as an antihero considering the Galactic Federation isn't exactly undeserving of scrutiny.
    Marilink

Marilink Sailboat to the Island of Your Desires Staff Member

I'm getting a very Forte/Bass vibe from this dude.
    CaptHayfever

CaptHayfever Awesome Smash Bros Mod Staff Member

Prediction: Sylux is a time-displaced Anthony Higgs. He'll reveal himself by greeting her with "Remember me?"

And remember, "I'm-a Luigi, number one!"
    е и ժ е я likes this.
    е и ժ е я

е и ժ е я ▼ ▼ ▼ ▼ ▼ ▼ ▼ ▼ ▼ ▼ ▼ ▼ ▼ ▼ ▼ ▼ Staff Member

That certainly sounds like a viable option, they've got all the digits and the build to be a human. I wouldn't be surprised if it were part of a program intended to create a super soldier something like Samus, as that has obviously been the aim of elements in the GF. Considering the Prime ended up inhabiting a human shape, and the SA-X being more anti-Samus doppelgangers, it's definitely open to possibility.

True. There's definitely something going on in that regard, and the planet where he's first shown to be attacking Federation troops looks like an icy environment. If someone in the military were doing shifty stuff with Metroids, a cold environment is the safest place to work on it.

Mega Man as a series has had a rather unimaginative run with Doppelganger MM and X-alike robots overall. They've had lookalikes and clones ad infinitum. I really hope Metroid can move on beyond that, or do something that makes it count at least.

But Anthony is clearly just an alias for the Eggplant Wizard.
    ScottyMcGee

ScottyMcGee Super Lab Tech

Oh yeah.

I totally forgot that he was following Samus.