1. New forums are up at http://www.vgf.com/phpBB3. You will need to use the forgot password feature to be able to login. If you do not receive the password reset e-mail, send me a PM.

Metroid Prime "out of bounds" exploration.

Discussion in 'Metroid: Self-Destruct Sequence Activated' started by I REALLY HATE POKEMON!, Sep 16, 2016.

I REALLY HATE POKEMON!

I REALLY HATE POKEMON! Goku lives on the Sun

Ever since I played the game I really wanted to get out of the confines set by the game and explore the surrounding landscapes, especially mountainous areas. I could never find an area without barriers to do so though. Searching videos doesn't yield many results but I'll post the best one I found. Anyone ever get out and search around, or even care to? Anyway, here's the video:

е и ժ е я

е и ժ е я ▼ ▼ ▼ ▼ ▼ ▼ ▼ ▼ ▼ ▼ ▼ ▼ ▼ ▼ ▼ ▼ Staff Member

The conventional game physics don't apply to barriers/etc that aren't set as such, so if the floor's not set as a floor you'll just fall through the thing to the void even if you stay inside the world model. Unfortunately, most of Metroid: Prime is designed with very concise use of polygons in mind. What you see is what you get, in that game, for the most part!

Now, secret worlds in Metroid, though...

Well, anyway, I've actually gotten well out of bounds in quite a few game engines. Most broken and therefore easiest to sequence break in is probably Ultima IX off the top of my head. That game is sort of the best ever for seam-walking. No special tricks aside from some judicious hopping will get you up any hill you like. Beyond that, well, you can always stack items infinitely since there's no global physics...

[​IMG]