Share your Super Mario Maker levels here!

Discussion in 'Super Luigi Bros.: It's-a Luigi Time!' started by Valigarmander, Sep 11, 2015.

ScottyMcGee

ScottyMcGee Super Lab Tech

Been getting into making levels again now that I have more stuff to work with.

I got so ticked off that they kicked some levels out of the server. Can't even alter them a bit to try to reupload. So I spent the last 2 hours or so making levels. One is a remake.

Magic Temple
    8632-0000-029A-5D80

Hammer Bros. Fortress
    060B-0000-029A-6437
    DarkZero

DarkZero Beep-N-Boop Guy Supporter

I made it to the end of the first one in one go but then a Magikoopa spawned right where I was jumping and I died

I was mad
    ScottyMcGee

I seem to have overlooked the power of the magikoopas. When I played they never spawned near the flag but then last night when I had my friend play they were spawning there and I was like "daaammmmiiitttt"

I assume you mean you were heading for the flag at the final series of jumps and then one spawned there?
    Marilink

Marilink Sailboat to the Island of Your Desires Staff Member

Magikoopas and Chain Chomps are two pretty solid ways to spice up a well-planned level with dangerous RNG.
    Antisocial

Antisocial Janitor

^^ Did they make the flag disappear?

That's always fun.
    ScottyMcGee

Oh **** I didn't know they could do that.

But na, I just didn't intend them to be there when you jump across the final few pillars.
    Antisocial

Antisocial Janitor

I expected more jump scares than that. But it was refreshing playing a level with multiple-choice doors that didn't instakill you on the wrong door. Nice.

No level found. Either you gave the wrong ID or your course got zapped immediately by the higher-ups. Harsh.

Vines was a bit tricky. I lost a good amount of lives going for the pipe. That checkpoint placement was sadistic.

Also, the puzzle was pretty good. You have some competition; the one-screen puzzle demographic is huge.

The secret room made me feel good about myself. :smile:

I was rather fond of the temple, but at one point I jumped down a shaft with a Thwomp breathing down my neck and was immediately assaulted by a Spike Top. Not cool. Still starred it, though.

Can't say the same for the fortress. Too many Bros jumping from offscreen, with next to no way to counter such especially when riding a platform. No bueno.
    DarkZero

I'm glad you enjoyed those stages because here's a new one: guaranteed to make you hate water!

https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/courses/A3DC-0000-029A-FCA1

The idea is that you're stuck between two autoscrolling walls and you have no horizontal movement while you navigate a maze of hazards. You can play it one-handed, even!

I tried to make it challenging while also very fair. It's decked out with visual flourishes and some key coins if you want an extra challenge (all you get is a chance for the 1-up on the flagpole though).
    ScottyMcGee

The idea with the Hammer Bros. Fortress was that I wanted the player to actually fight them with fire flowers, and give the impression that you're storming the castle rather than just running through trying to get to the end. I kept getting annoyed when I couldn't predict sometimes where and when some Hammer Bros. will fall down. It depends also how fast the player moves. There's a "secret" area after the flames where high above there are Hammer Bros. guarding a 1-up. In order to prevent them from jumping down I had them ride buzzy beetles.

But now I have a better idea to rework it. Back at the area with the platform you mentioned, I didn't put the Hammer Bros. on buzzy bettles at the top because then you wouldn't really notice them and they'd be somewhat pointless. Unless you cared to get those coins on their platform. So now I'm thinking of stretching out the platform ride. Instead of going right, you go up first like an elevator shaft, dodging fire bars. Then when you go down there are Hammer Bros. on blocks on either side and you shoot down at them. Something like that.
    ScottyMcGee

Here's version 2 of Hammer Bros. Fortress.
    B852-0000-029B-9D76

I also made this the other day: Haunted Slaughterhouse
    3ADC-0000-029A-E758
    DarkZero

Bomby

Bomby Employee of the Month for Oct. 2011 Staff Member

My last course apparently got zapped. :/

My new creation. It's a complete mess aesthetically, but I had fun creating it.
    0295-0000-02C9-077E

Edited the old one and re-upped it:
    8306-0000-02C9-0A5B
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2016
    Antisocial

Antisocial Janitor

The SMM subreddit's doing another project, this time centered around SMB3.

Here's my contribution.

fixed just for you TML
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2016
    The Missing Link

The Missing Link Professional Lurker Staff Member

Wow, AS, adding a 404 link to the collection is a real contribution. :wink:
    Antisocial

Antisocial Janitor

YEAH WELL

I had to delete it because it was too hard for the pansies at the subreddit. I fixed the link for the original version in my last post and here is the current revised easymode version.
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2016