Sun and Moon Discussion! THE GAME IS OUT

Discussion in 'Pokemon: Alola' started by Marilink, May 9, 2016.

I am nobody

I am nobody I am not mean spam Staff Member

Got 100% yesterday. Never ended up using the Master Ball because leading with a Thunder Wave from Magnezone and then following up with Spirit Shackle+False Swipe from Decidueye made everything pretty manageable with just Ultra/Dusk/Beast Balls. Only used GTS for Sun exclusives and anything that evolved from affection or limited/trade items, because that's just tedious. Had to give up Solgaleo for Silvally because of that, but I'm not going to run in circles for 40,000 steps to get to 220.

Hopefully limiting the Pokedex to those actually encounterable in that generation becomes the new normal and this won't be the first and only time I ever finish.

Also discovered a fun Easter Egg if you spin in circles really quickly while walking.
    Heroine of the Dragon

Heroine of the Dragon Faerie ♥☆♥ Marshmallow Administrator Staff Member

Congrats on your achievement, IAN!! *gives you marshmallows* :D
    Nomyt

Nomyt The One and Only Staff Member

Congrats, IAN. Also working on 100% the pokedex. Doing those happiness ones first to get it over and done with. Gonna try and use the GTS for the trade only ones.

Also, while working on a few water pokemon, I had been training in Diglett Tunnel, and SHINY ZUBAT! First ever shiny in Moon, and first ever Shiny Zubat. Not using repels have finally paid off! XD

Lickatung x2 (Both Wild, one in original Gold, one in X), Axew x2 (Bred both, both in X), Charmander (Bred, X), Dratini x2 (Bred both in X) Noibat (Bred in X), Makuhita (wonder-trade, X), Diancie (Wonder-trade, possibly haxxed, X), Zubat (Wild, Moon).
    Heroine of the Dragon likes this.
    I am nobody

I'd seen one shiny Pidgey (killed it >_>) in 16 years of playing the games until someone randomly traded me a shiny Politoed in Moon. Not how I was hoping to end that streak.
    Bad Dragonite likes this.
    Nomyt

Finally got my 100% melemele dex. However, how on earth is anyone meant to figure out how to get the Razor Claw for Sneasel to evolve?! I don't know if anyone knows how on here, but for those that hasn't been lucky over wondertrade or gts.

Razor Claw is only found on wild Jangmo-o's family. Even then, it's a 5% chance that it'll be on them!

Serious what is it with this game, and realllllly bad chances at finding stuff. Don't get me started on fishing spots!
    I am nobody

Yeah, I got Sneasel from constantly checking GTS until someone had one for reasonably cheap. Think I ended up giving up a Magmortar or Scizor for it.
    Nomyt

I can't remember what I traded for mine now. I think I gave it a nugget to sweeten the deal too. Now I only need to trade one pokemon to completely complete the pokedex. Kartana! And why does nobody want Pheromosa. Seriously, I have four, and tried to trade one for either Buzzwole, and Kartana, and in the end, I ended up trading a spare Celesteela for Buzzwole. :frown:

Still. I thought the UB missions would be a little harder. Since they are suppose to be tougher, but those Beast Balls work to well. I think I never threw more than 3-4 balls on a "tough" battle, and 90% of the time it took me 1-2 balls.

Necrozma might possibly be my favourite legendary. Prisms, Black, and Light. Super freakin' awesome. Was a little tough to battle him, he took out my Lycanroc, and very nearly killed my Decidueye (for some reasoning it kept trying to use "Wring out" while I was lobbing ultras at him.)

Also, fun times earlier. I was getting rid of the ten Jangmo-o's threw wonder trade, and I managed to get two shinies. A Trubbish (which looks awesome), and a shiny ditto. Both have Pokerus, and the ditto is called 6IV, but I highly doubt that. (Although, ditto did come with the red knot, so who knows. I'm not interested in going to check it, I may just leave it in my pc.)
    Bad Dragonite

Bad Dragonite So Powerful. So Adorable.

I'll give you a kartana for pheromosa :smile:

Also Necrozma is cool, I can't help but think he's the reason Pokemon Prism got taken down though xD
    X-3

X-3 Punished Mod Staff Member

Necrozma, the DMCA Pokemon
    Nomyt

Awesome. I have another two, plus I have one still on GTS. But I'll PM you my Friend Code in a bit if you can't find me on GTS. Name should be Nomyt on GTS.
    Bad Dragonite

QR Code teams are available now, apparently the process is convoluted I've heard though. ha.

Also according to Serebii and Joe Merrick on Twitter
    -Generation VI has now outsold Generation V, X & Y sold a further 1.2 million so far in the FY, pushing them above 16 million, compared to Black & White's 15.6 million
    -If X & Y continue to sell a little bit, selling just 200,000 more units, it will outsell the original Ruby & Sapphire. 1.6 million to D/P
    -As of December 31st 2016, Pokémon Sun & Moon have sold 14.69 million units
    -Outsold ORAS in a month and a half. A MONTH AND A HALF
    -In the similar time period of S/M's sales, X & Y sold 11.61 million, but that was with an extra month of sales too
    Bad Dragonite

According to Serebii

I'm gonna be disappointed if this is the only way we cn get mega stones.
    Apollo the Just

Apollo the Just Dragon Enthusiast Staff Member

The first 3 chapters of the Sun/Moon Pokémon Adventures manga are out and I'M ALREADY IN LOVE

SUN AND MOON ARE SO CUTE........ they actually have good chemistry? like?? B2/W2 was a letdown in that department but all of the other chapters have had such excellent characterization of the protags. I love them.
    Bad Dragonite

Sky Drop will likely be banned again soon for causing more glitchy shenanigans to occur.