1. New forums are up at http://www.vgf.com/phpBB3. You will need to use the forgot password feature to be able to login. If you do not receive the password reset e-mail, send me a PM.

Unofficially Official US Primaries Thread

Discussion in 'Politics, Philosophy, and Religion' started by Kargath, Mar 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    ZeldaGirl

ZeldaGirl Awesome member

Auron

Auron Plague Butt

I can see it now. All of the Trump cronies will try to justify this by just saying "Well, Bill is worse." First off, that does not excuse Trump at all. Secondly, BILL'S NOT RUNNING FOR PRESIDENT YOU MINDLESS ****WADS.

Just thought I'd get that out of the way now.
    CaptHayfever likes this.
    I REALLY HATE POKEMON!

I REALLY HATE POKEMON! Goku lives on the Sun

He assaulted me, too. We can just accuse him right? Maybe if there's like some kind of financial compensation I'll get something.
    Deku Tree

Deku Tree Awesome Current Events and PPR Mod Staff Member

Maybe give it a try, IRHP. See if someone writes about you.
    I am nobody

I am nobody I am not mean spam Staff Member

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/how-evan-mcmullin-could-win-utah-and-the-presidency/

McMullin has about a 3% chance of winning Utah at the moment. In the increasingly unlikely event of a close enough election that both Clinton and Trump need those 6 votes to reach 270, he could theoretically cause a deadlock in both the electoral college and the subsequent three-way House vote, which could feasibly lead to the losing party in the Senate vice presidential vote compromising with his House votes to make him president. Ironically, since he'd inevitably take more support from Trump than Clinton, it's in his best interests to receive no votes from any other state. Interesting read.

EDIT: That should've been "...more support from Trump than Clinton...", if anyone was wondering why that next to last sentence made no sense. Fixed.
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2016
    Deku Tree

Deku Tree Awesome Current Events and PPR Mod Staff Member

[​IMG]
    Can we all agree that Donald Trump doesn't have the best words? Germany has the best words.
    ZeldaGirl

ZeldaGirl Awesome member

None of these women have sued him [EDIT: for the sake of clarity - none of the recent accusers are suing him. Previous ones may be, need to check that. However multiple accusers independently sharing a pattern of similar assaults which credence to the idea that yeah he probably is a sexual predator and this many women are not, in fact, lying]. And in fact, many of them have already been doxxed and threatened. So...perhaps reconsider this argument. Because it is very difficult to take any stand at all against your accuser, especially in this climate where victims are all-too-often not believed.
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 15, 2016, Original Post Date: Oct 15, 2016 ---
    And c'mon. The guy bragged about sexually assaulting women. He basically said "I do this to women" and "this" is literally sexual assault. He described his playbook to the world. Let's not be shocked he actually did the thing he said he did.

Also, what are the odds that somewhere, there is something on video tape? Between The Apprentice and Miss Universe, with what's already been alleged, I would not even be a little surprised to know there may be footage.
    ~spookylady~ likes this.
    I REALLY HATE POKEMON!

^ I guess you're the type to jump onboard the "Trump's a pedophile" bandwagon because he said he was gonna marry a kid? He's just trying to sound manly, everyone's simply blowing his comments out of proportion.
    The Missing Link

The Missing Link Professional Lurker Staff Member

The Amazing Tazy Ten

The Amazing Tazy Ten I'm tired. Goodnight. Zzzzzzzzz! Supporter

In limbo playing Tactics A2 for eternity.
    ...Hasn't his womanizing been public knowledge for a while now? I remember him saying he'd marry a kid when she grew up like... years ago.

Still, Jesus Christ it's a race for the bottom for this election. If both parties weren't obsessed with murdering the f**k out of the other they'd have had a meeting together and dropped these two scumbags for the Vice Presidents. At least they aren't crazy go nuts corrupted.
    X-3

X-3 _____<|0-0|>_____ Staff Member

Sure, if anyone wanted a repeat of 1968.
    Shane

Shane Administrator Staff Member

I've heard this video called shocking. That would imply anybody is surprised. It's Donald Trump. Whether it's deserved or not, I don't recall when he didn't have a questionable reputation when it comes to women. The people most upset about it are those who never liked him in the first place, while his base doesn't see what the big deal is. What he has to worry about is a couple percent somewhere in the middle shifting.

So that's who Evan McMullin is. I keep seeing his name mentioned but not knowing who people are talking about. I know it came up earlier in this thread. I will try not to forget who he is in a few weeks again.
    е и ժ е я

е и ժ е я ▼ ▼ ▼ ▼ ▼ ▼ ▼ ▼ ▼ ▼ ▼ ▼ ▼ ▼ ▼ ▼ Staff Member

Enjoy the death threats, I guess.
    ~spookylady~ likes this.
    I REALLY HATE POKEMON!

Lies beget more lies after all. Besides, even if some "legit" ones come in it won't matter, I get those just from playing video games, so what's a couple more. I should be under a new alias by now if took words seriously.
    ZeldaGirl

ZeldaGirl Awesome member

Nice strawman. Kissing people without their consent is assault. Groping people without their consent is assault. Abusing your position to peep on young women changing into bathing suits is harassment. It's more than just "womanizing" or "locker room talk." You wouldn't want someone violating your bodily autonomy, don't justify it happening to someone else.

And please stop acting like it doesn't matter.

People on this website were there for me when this kind of assault actually happened to me - a man kissed and groped me without my consent. It was violating and terrifying. I felt shame, I downplayed what happened, and I blamed myself for a long time. But the people on this website did not minimize it, and were a great support.

I say that because whenever someone downplays this kind of action, you prevent a woman like me from relying on a community of friends and reporting it to them. So really, in this, I ask that you actually don't downplay this. Don't excuse it.
    Random User

Random User Overlord of Evil

Don't really get why the potential offender is innocent until proven guilty while the accuser is guilty until proven innocent to some people.
    ScottyMcGee likes this.
    X-3

X-3 _____<|0-0|>_____ Staff Member

http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/17/politics/mccain-clinton-trump-supreme-court/index.html
    Look forward to it.
    CaptHayfever

CaptHayfever Awesome Smash Bros Mod Staff Member

Simple solution: Hillary resigns after taking office, Kaine becomes president, & McCain's threat is moot.

And remember, "I'm-a Luigi, number one!"
    Auron

Auron Plague Butt

^^This is one thing about modern politics that absolutely PISSES me off. It's become so much about "We can't let the other side win" that they are literally preventing people from DOING THEIR JOB. And that leaves A THIRD OF OUR GOVERNMENT hamstrung because of the potential for deadlocks in the Supreme Court. I mean, that vacancy should already be filled. There is no precedent for not allowing a president to fill that spot in their last year of term. It's part of his JOB to fill it.

Anger. Anger. Anger.
    SKELETOR and ~spookylady~ like this.
    I am nobody

I am nobody I am not mean spam Staff Member

Until someone follows through on the threat to get rid of the filibuster, it's really leaving two thirds of our government hamstrung.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.