Discussion in 'General Gaming - Ten Hut!' started by VG_Addict, Apr 19, 2017 at 1:25 PM.
Nintendo's stock is up about 30% since launch as well.
The original Donkey King Country was not a very good game. 2 and 3 were both better by every measure.
I've aired this one before, but I'll say it again: Double Dash!! is one of the weakest entries in the Mario Kart series.
I'm inclined to agree. The gimmick is cool but it's probably the last of the console games I'd go to if I wanted to play Mario Kart.
Characters were better in DKC1.
probable unpopular opinion: 3 is better than 2
i actually never thought donkey kong himself was super-appealing as a protagonist. Too beefy to be an underdog and too goofy to be a badass.
Apparently, we must - then again I run into more "PC master race" types who sneer at anyone who dares play a console... or even so much play a game (like NieR) with a controller. :O (I would include my opinions on the PC gaming community, but that's not an unpopular opinion. )
Now, some more unpopular opinions!
* The N-Gage actually tried a few things that were ahead of its time... but for everything it did right, it did about one or two things wrong.
* I think "Download cards" help let people know that a game exists - the Vita didn't have that, and it seemed like retailers thought there was nothing on it so they shuffled it to the floor (Toys R Us), behind the Hidden Object games (Wal-Mart and Target) or in a corner away from everything else (GameStop). I swear Best Buy was the only retailer that actually didn't seem to hate the Vita and want gone - they actually had a freaking screen with ads for the indies available on the Vita!
* Valve actually isn't as good as people say they are.
* 3D platformer does not have to equal Collect-a-thon.
* I was wary of the "Kickstarter Spiritual Successors" back when Mighty no. 9 got that hyped kickstarter - cause nostalgia-bait can only go so far.
* Playtonic wasn't mismanaging their money or anything - they delivered on their promise and made an N64-era platformer. For better and for worse.
* many games from the 90s just have not aged well.
* I like Super Paper Mario the best out of the paper mario games. FIGHT ME!
* You will never play a video game that replicates the feeling of you playing a game for the first time in the 80s or 90s - so stop expecting games to replicate that. You will only be disappointed when your 20-30 years of experience playing more polished and refined games bites you right in the arse and makes you feel disappointed.
* The "Worst games of all time" to me are not popular games that I don't like - but games that're flat out UNPLAYABLE. ie, the Jim Sterling-Bait Steam Greenlight games
* Survival games, especially Early Access survival games, are the Zombie Apocalypse of gaming - this genre needs to die, die, DIE. STOP MAKING THESE ****ING THINGS PEOPLE!!! Minecraft and Starbound are already more than we need!!
* The term "Early Access" is frequently used as a shield against criticism of utterly broken games.
* YouTube Fodder/PewdieBait games like the "___ Simulator 201X" are no longer funny and "FNAF and Amnesia did this!" are no longer scary. Stop making them - Tattle Tail and Tony Hawk's Pro Sktater 5 are lightning strikes. (And Tattle-Tail was good cause it had a nice little thing called "Atmosphere" and mystique and wasn't designed to bait some loquacious youtuber afraid of their own shadow like Markiplier to play them with their face in the corner)
* If you're streaming yourself playing a multiplayer game and are showing yourself cheating, you should be banned. I don't care how much you're "giving free advertisement" - you're encouraging people to cheat. (I'm looking at you Niantic and your refusal to ban YouTubers streaming themselves spoofing)
* 99.9999% of streamers are freaking BORING.
* There is no such thing as an "Entertaining Minecraft YouTube Channel". ergo them being on the decline is means to let the joyous news be spread the wicked old witch at last is dead.
* LetsPlays that go on for hundreds of episodes are dull. Looking at you Binding of Isaac.
* I don't care about eSports.
Even after finally playing Dark Souls 3. I still like Bloodbourne much better than any of the Dark Souls games.
Well, most of the enemies in that stage are annoying fliers that are made to collide with you. Tellies respawn endlessly and the birds can be a nightmare. Especially in that ladder section where getting hit can cause you to fall off the screen and cause everything to reset. It's not too bad because it's not instant kill but I see where you're coming from.
Here's another hot take unpopular opinion: If you go into Lost Levels with the expectation that it's going to be really difficult then it's not that bad. It'll make you respect the inner workings of Super Mario Brothers, which is more than a lot of "hard" games try to do.