What are the Koopalings?

Discussion in 'Super Luigi Bros.: It's-a Luigi Time!' started by Carol of the Vals, Jan 1, 2017.

Valigarmander

Valigarmander Creepy Mario Mod Staff Member Supporter

[​IMG]

So the Koopalings are not Bowser's kids. What are they then?

Some possibilities:
    • They're Bowser's bastards; Bowser Jr. is his only legitimate child and thus "officially" his only son.
    • They're Bowser's nephews and niece that he has unexplained, indefinite custody of (like an evil version of Huey, Dewey and Louie).
    • They're just a bunch regular Koopas who ascended to the top of Bowser's army due to their skill and loyalty to the crown.
    • They're ruthless mercenaries employed by Bowser on the promise of innumerable riches if they can bring him Mario's head.
    • They're a coven of warlocks, as evidenced by their proficiency with magic rods.
    • They're a circus troupe (just look at Lemmy, he's an acrobat) that Bowser keeps around for his own amusement.
    • They're a genetic engineering experiment gone wrong, a failed attempt to create a perfect Bowser clone. (Bowser Jr. is the first successful attempt, and thus the only one Bowser considers his "son".)
    • Nobody knows; they come and go as they please, and may very well be older than the universe itself.
    Santa CLause likes this.
    I am nobody

I am nobody I am not mean spam Staff Member

Visual monstrosities.
    I REALLY HATE POKEMON!

I REALLY HATE POKEMON! Goku lives on the Sun

They all look quite different, so unless Bowser is really...getting around that much it sort of makes sense they're not his kids. They probably have a relationship of some kind though. They seem modeled after Bowser in some way, they have those spiked bracelets at least. In SSB I think all of them and Bowser Jr are alternate costumes so that further strengthens a connection. I'd say family of some sort.
    X-3

X-3 Punished Mod Staff Member

Child soldiers
    SKELETOR

SKELETOR Overlord of Evil

I presumed (since it was announced that they weren't his children) that since Kamek is taking care of Baby Bowser in all the Yoshi games and you never see his father that Bowser was orphaned, and later on Bowser decided to adopt or take in the Koopalings since he was adopted himself. But that's mostly wild speculation I guess.
    VG_Addict

VG_Addict Active Member

Top Poster Of Month

Did you know they're named after musicians?
    Apollo the Just

Apollo the Just Dragon Enthusiast Staff Member

They're all Bowser's distant descendants and/or ancestors who have time traveled to the present to protect Bowser and make sure the timeline doesn't go astray.
    Calamity Panfan

Calamity Panfan I am in great pain; please help me. Staff Member

what if the real koopalings are the friends we made along the way
    SKELETOR and Santa CLause like this.
    Marilink

Marilink Sailboat to the Island of Your Desires Staff Member

My (brother's) theory (which I have adopted): In the Mushroom Kingdom, babies are delivered via the Stork, which is 100% confirmed by Yoshi's Island. The Koopalings were a surprise delivery by the Stork that was meant to punish Bowser for his wrongdoing--give him the responsibility of being a Father to distract him from his nefarious business. But Bowser ended up passing the Fatherhood test a little too well, eventually utilizing his adopted children as allies for his schemes.
    Booyakasha

Booyakasha ...swingin the chain... Staff Member

^...I like it.
    DarkZero

DarkZero Beep-N-Boop Guy Supporter

So they have a bunch of babies and they let the most nefarious person in the kingdom take full control over shaping their lives

Good job, stork
    Antisocial

Antisocial Janitor

If Bowser's such a great parental figure, maybe letting him take over the Mushroom Kingdom isn't such a bad idea after all.

Peach just can't see how good she could have it.
    ScottyMcGee

ScottyMcGee Super Lab Tech

Years ago, Bowser fell into a coma. The US government then secretly took his blood and decided to make clones of him, the greatest Koopa warrior of the 20th century. They dubbed the project Les Koopas Terribles.