What's your favorite restaurant?

Discussion in 'Polls Forum' started by Valigarmander, Nov 25, 2014.

Valigarmander

Valigarmander Creepy Mario Mod Staff Member Supporter

Val eats at Subway a lot, though that's primarily due to convenience (it's right between work and home and Val is usually hungry when he gets off work). Their vegetarian sandwiches are pretty good. Val used to eat a lot of Panda Express when he lived closer to the city, also mainly due to convenience.

There's a really good sushi joint in Portland called Marinepolis Sushi Land. It's right next to Powell's City of Books, too. You can buy books and then eat food off a conveyor belt.

How 'bout youtself?
    The Amazing Tazy Ten

The Amazing Tazy Ten Happy Dingergisbar! Supporter

Raising Caine's. Because I love chicken. It's a problem I refuse to deal with.
    Calamity Panfan

Calamity Panfan I am in great pain; please help me. Staff Member

Michigan-exclusive places: Absolute favorite is the Union Woodshop in Clarkston. Phenomenal BBQ. Supino's Pizza in Detroit is fantastic. I really love burger joints: Red Coat Tavern in Royal Oak, Mason's in Livonia, Sandy's on the Beech in Redford, Nemo's in Detroit, Miller's in Dearborn. I like going to Blimpie for a burger or Zingerman's for a sandwich when I'm in Ann Arbor (these are the most stereotypical "where to go in Ann Arbor" answers ever but it's for a reason). Chinese buffet by my house is pretty great as far as Chinese buffet places go. There's a sushi joint near my old work that has some good stuff but I think they might actually be closed now :frown:. Also a really great Mexican place in walking distance of my house.

I wish I knew more restaurants in the Milwaukee area.

Dine-in chains: Cracker Barrel, Red Lobster, Bennigan's, Buffalo Wild Wings, Cheesecake Factory, P.F. Chang's, On the Border, Olive Garden

Fast casual: Steak n Shake, Chipotle, Five Guys, Potbelly, Noodles & Company, Qdoba, Penn Station

Fast food: Culver's, A&W, Wendy's, Jimmy John's, Taco Bell, Popeye's, KFC, Cousin's are the only ones that I will ever crave. Anything else is settling.

Pizza chains: Jets, Hungry Howie's, Buddy's, Pizza Hut, Papa John's. In that order. I'm quite partial to Toppers, though I think that might just be a Milwaukee area thing.
    I am nobody

I am nobody I am not mean spam Staff Member

Sang Kee Peking Duck House in Philadelphia is fantastic. I'm also a fan of the amazingly-named "Seafood Restaurant" in Washington's Chinatown.

For restaurants with more than one location, Popeye's, Five Guys, and Jake's are all great.
    Booyakasha

Booyakasha ...swingin the chain... Staff Member

What do you like? More importantly, do you have access to a car? Because most of the good places I know are a few miles out of downtown.
    Calamity Panfan

BBQ and burgers, primarily. Sushi, Chinese, Mexican as well. Also love a good deli sandwich. And yeah I have access to a car.
    Softguitar

Softguitar I'm not a cat.

There isn't that much in Belgium, but we do have 'frietkotten': http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friterie
    Some are better than others.

There's also a McDonald's knock-off called "Quick" but they don't have good burgers. And Panos has good sandwiches and pastries.

American stuff: Taco Bell, Pizza Hut, Popeye's, KFC, Ben & Jerry's, Shake Shack (good shakes and food).
    Booyakasha

^...can't help you much with deli food, sushi, mex or BBQ, at least not so far as real places go.

Burgers:
    Ollie's--------diner. Some people like it. I think it sucks, but it does have the advantage of being downtown. Try googling it.
    Ted's--------diner out in Tosa. Good burgers and breakfasts. Pretty rad malts. They don't do dinner (aside from Friday) and they're closed Mondays. 62nd and North Ave.

Pizza:
    Mama Mia's--------restaurant/dine-in, also in Tosa. Really good. Excellent garlic bread. It's one of those places where they got hundreds of signed pictures of famous Italian-Americans up on the wall. 78th and Burleigh.
    Balistreri's-------similar biz, again Tosa. 68th and Wisconsin, I think(?)

Asian:
    Yen Ching-------excellent Chinese restaurant. A little expensive, and way up on the north side, but worth it. Maybe google it.
    Mekong Cafe-------really nice Viet/Thai/Laotian/Cambodian restaurant, yet again in Tosa. 60th and North.

Greek/Near Eastern
    Pegasus-------excellent restaurant out in Dirty Stallie, across from the state fairgrounds. They make a damn good gyro platter. 80th(?) and Greenfield.
    Calamity Panfan

I've actually been to Pegasus while searching for a nice 24 hour place. Good stuff.

Thanks for the suggestions though!!
    Thanous

Thanous Thanous

We had a shake shack for a few seconds in my town, but it just ended up being a drug front XD it was the one time our police force was actually worth squat though XD

Favorite restaurant: Asheville pizza and brewing company

Favorite chains: noodles and company & fazolis

Old favorites that are now shut down and now suck respectively: digable pizza Asheville NC & Applebee's

There was this one fat sandwhich place in Chicago that was pretty good, I don't remember the name. It didn't blow me away but it was still the best fat sandwhich place I've been able to get to. I love the concept but just can't seem to find a place with some really fantastic ones.
    е и ժ е я

е и ժ е я ▼ ▼ ▼ ▼ ▼ ▼ ▼ ▼ ▼ ▼ ▼ ▼ ▼ ▼ ▼ ▼ Staff Member

Steak & Shake, the Winking Lizard, Frankie's Wok, Fischer's near my hometown. When I was a kid, I really loved Bob Evans. Their food still tastes good but none of it's made with real stuff anymore. Pizza Hut was amazing back then, too.
    Bomby

Bomby Employee of the Month for Oct. 2011 Staff Member

New Seoul or Sol's for Korean food. New Seoul has a larger menu but Sol's consistently tastes better.
    Sa Bai Thong for Thai food.
    Five Guys for burgers.
    Sizzling Hut for takeout Chinese, Imperial Garden for sit down Chinese.
    Greenbush Bar for Italian.
    Sushi Box for Japanese.
    Maharaja for Indian.

That's all I can really think of right now. Most of these are local places, except Five Guys of course.
    spooky scary bearatons

spooky scary bearatons professional censorevasionposter

jcr world buffet because i can consume ungodly amounts of fried seaweed and no one complains
    Heroine of the Dragon

Heroine of the Dragon Faerie ♥☆♥ Marshmallow Administrator Staff Member

Whilst in LA, I ate at In-N-Out every day.

My favourite restaurants here are mostly Chinese or sushi take-aways... :D
    Calamity Panfan

^ I love In-N-Out. Wish it had more of a presence on the east coast.
    Heroine of the Dragon likes this.
    Heroine of the Dragon

Heroine of the Dragon Faerie ♥☆♥ Marshmallow Administrator Staff Member

^ It was so awesome and I'd eat it again if it were available. I also enjoyed The Cheesecake Factory food but we went there only a few times. :D
    LOOT

LOOT how horrifying

you jerks have the nerve to expose me to a Steak and Shake in Chicago

and the closest one from Lincoln is in goddamn Kansas

I HATE EVERY ONE OF YOU

ESPECIALLY YOU PANFAN
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 4, 2014, Original Post Date: Dec 4, 2014 ---
    for my Lincoln stuff, Raising Cain's and Schlotzsky's are my fav places right now. Popeye's I visit only because it is the closest to my friend's apartment that doesn't make me regret my life right away
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 4, 2014 ---
    dp: okay, Culver's is okay, but it is expensive as HELL
    UNder the Mistletoe likes this.
    ScottyMcGee

ScottyMcGee Super Lab Tech

I feel guilty saying this because it's a chain restaurant but Chili's. Specifically the Chili's near home. They never once did something stupid. Total 100% satisfaction. God I love their food. God I want some right now. God I'm hungry.
    Calamity Panfan

i wasn't even at the meetup :frown:
    Booyakasha

Update for the @Classic Panfan:

The Mama Mia's I named no longer exists. There does exist another Mama Mia's, but I've never been there, and don't know where it is.

Japonica makes really good sushi. My pal Shane insisted on trying it once. A little expensive, and a little out of the way (74th and...Forest Home, I believe? Twenty-minute drive, I think). Worth it, though, and especially if you're already on that side of town visiting Lost of World of Wonders, Milwaukee Metro's best comics/magic/gaming/manga/weeaboo sh*t store (70th and Oklahoma).

A new Thai restaurant has coalesced into being on 65th and North. It's pretty good. (That makes three restaurants in the same quarter-mile stretch of North Avenue that Boo has named now. It's almost as though Boo knows this area intimately and frequents it. Perhaps if one patronised these restaurants, one might see Boo's hunched asymmetrical flannel-clad form at a corner table, his baleful yellow eyes glaring madly about, well away from the windows lest the hated sun burn his dracul skin! Or even just observe him skulking about in his dark cloak, keen on a night of illicit murder!