Woah Hi.

Discussion in 'Introductions, Goodbyes, & Sheep' started by QueenRii, Mar 29, 2016.

QueenRii

QueenRii New Member

Hey, what's up.
    I'm Rizzie, or Rii - I joined because my boyfriend, @Random User suggested to me that I should, and since the forum is active enough, I did. I've tried to find forums to talk to people on for awhile, but they always end up inactive which is a bummer.

Since this is a video game forum I guess it would be cool for me to talk about the kinds I like. Well, my favorite game series is probably Dangan Ronpa - But I can get quickly attached to any games in the horror genre as well. Favorite game character is tied between Daisy and Samus. I guess my favorite genre of games would be torn between strategy, investigation, and horror.

As for personal stuff, I love science! Specifically forensics, psychology (criminal mainly), and biology.

That's really all there is. Also, it was mentioned to me that to change my icon I would have to ask and attach an image, so how about this one? - :D :D :D

[​IMG]
    Valigarmander

Valigarmander Creepy Mario Mod Staff Member Supporter

I think you and I are going to get along juuuuust fine.
    Sabrilocke, Jere and QueenRii like this.
    QueenRii

QueenRii New Member

Judging by your icon I would say you are probably correct.
    DarkZero

DarkZero Beep-N-Boop Guy Supporter

Hi! Welcome to VGF, where you can't leave. Enjoy your stay!
    The Amazing Tazy Ten

The Amazing Tazy Ten Happy Dingergisbar! Supporter

Welcome to VGF!

Never be afraid to share your opinions here be they wrong or right.

Even a Betwixt Opinion is okay. Because opinions are mostly subjective.
    SKELETOR

SKELETOR Overlord of Evil

Hey, welcome to VGF finally! I hope you enjoy posting here as much as I have.
    QueenRii likes this.
    CaptHayfever

CaptHayfever Awesome Smash Bros Mod Staff Member

Welcome aboard the USS HomestarRunnner.com WWW VGF.com!

And remember, "I'm-a Luigi, number one!"
    I REALLY HATE POKEMON!

I REALLY HATE POKEMON! Goku lives on the Sun

Welcome. Danganronpa is a great series. I bet you're looking forward to the third one as much as I am. Which is your favorite so far?
    Sonic 5

Sonic 5 Not Actually a Sonic Fan Supporter

Hello and welcome! I look forward to seeing you around these parts.
    QueenRii

QueenRii New Member

Hey thanks for all the warm welcomes! I really appreciate them! I look forward to talking to you all some more, too.

Yeah, I'm super excited for the third game! I'd have to say right now my favorite is the second game! Story was really interesting and kept me intrigued, the ending surprised the hell out of me too. (plus Chiaki is in that one and she's my darling, so.)
    Heroine of the Dragon

Heroine of the Dragon Faerie ♥☆♥ Marshmallow Administrator Staff Member

Hello and welcome to our special blend of madness... *gives you marshmallows*

I work in grinnie currency for avatars... (in case it wasn't obvious or you weren't aware).

I hope you enjoy the many forums we have... and I look forward to seeing you in Misc every day!! >.> :D
    I REALLY HATE POKEMON!

I REALLY HATE POKEMON! Goku lives on the Sun

Cool, the second game is really good, I enjoyed it almost as much as the first. The claustrophobic environments of the original really fit the concept well, IMO, so that one's my favorite. I do think the sequel had a better twist, though.
    ScottyMcGee

ScottyMcGee Super Lab Tech

WELCOME! Bienvenido! Please keep your hands and feet inside the vehicle at all times! Enjoy your ride!
    I am nobody

I am nobody I am not mean spam Staff Member

I think we have a new best member right here.
    QueenRii

QueenRii New Member

You're going to make me blush.
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 3, 2016, Original Post Date: Apr 3, 2016 ---
    Yeah, the first game really did do a wonderful job with making you feel trapped, I really appreciate how well done that aspect was. It doesn't really seem like a big thing, but in my opinion it really added to the fluidity and feel of the game.
    I am nobody

I am nobody I am not mean spam Staff Member

Haven't had a chance to talk about it before, so:
    They're both really good, but I think the second one is leagues ahead in terms of writing:

The first one was too afraid to have sympathetic killers and too predictable about who was and wasn't plot-armored. With a not-really exception for Leon's quasi-self defense, all the killers are just evil or suicidal. It's good that the strongest characters are still alive at the end, but the fact that Kyoko, Byakuya, and Toko just clearly aren't going to die takes away from the suspense. Compare that to the sequel, where most of the murders have non-selfish motives, two are effectively suicides for a greater cause, and the writer killed off his own favorite and the two main supports. Fake Byakuya gets killed off immediately to show you that standard plot armor rules don't apply.

The characters are also just generally stronger, IMO. Nagito and Chiaki are the clear fill-ins for Byakuya and Kyoko, but they're also flawed where those characters were basically detective-gods. Hajime feels like he's actually contributing to the trials instead of just being hinted along. Support-wise, most of the characters have real depth beyond their archetypes, and Fuyohiko and Gundham in particular are extremely well done.

If you've played VLR (I know IRHP has, so this'll make sense to at least one person), I had a really hard time seeing Kyoko as anything other than Phi with less character. That probably didn't help.

But yeah, they're both fantastic. Even with all those criticisms, the first game absolutely nailed the themes and art direction, and those are industry highpoints to me.

Good thing there definitely aren't any weird 3rd person shooter spinoffs that don't fit the series at all.
    Marilink

Marilink Sailboat to the Island of Your Desires Staff Member

I'm a little late here, but welcome to VGF! Always nice to see members bringing in other members. We hope you stick around.
    LOOT

LOOT how horrifying

I heard the words "Dangan Ronpa" and a chill went down my spine, that game haunts me from when it was being translated on SA even though I stayed far away from the Let's Play subforum
    QueenRii

QueenRii New Member

Yeah, I have to agree with you. The second game really did do a better job on writing and story, I've always seen it that way. Its always nice to see a series progress and get better with every new game. I never thought about the stance on the killers traits but now that you mention it that is true.

LOL. Yeah, Despair Girls was really different in terms of how the series usually was - but I think it was interesting to see something somewhat new mixed in with parts from the old games.
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 10, 2016, Original Post Date: Apr 10, 2016 ---
    Lol, I don't blame you. Was it the fan base?
    Saria Dragon of the Rain Wilds

Saria Dragon of the Rain Wilds Oh super wow! Administrator Staff Member