Your opinion on Mecha Ridley in a Metroid film?

Discussion in 'Metroid: Self-Destruct Sequence Activated' started by BladeMan.EXE, Jan 9, 2017.

?

If there were a Metroid film based on zero mission, would you be mad about it being left out?

1. Yeah. He should be in.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. It happened in the game, it should happen in the movie.

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  3. Either way.

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  4. Nah.

4 vote(s)
    57.1%
  5. Zero mission stinks. Base it on the original.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Zero mission stinks. Base it on the manga.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
    BladeMan.EXE

BladeMan.EXE Battle routine: Set!

Personally, I get some of the logic behind it, but it still feels random, unnecessary and weird. Wasn't that great of a final boss either.

Plus, it wouldn't necessarily be strictly based on zero mission. It could take inspiration from a number of sources.
    I REALLY HATE POKEMON!

I REALLY HATE POKEMON! Goku lives on the Sun

Top Poster Of Month

If it is based solely on ZM then it needs to stick to the source material as closely as possible. That doesn't mean maze-like structures and backtracking but it does means including every significant event and character.
    X-3

X-3 The Wurst Member Staff Member

Everything past Mother Brain is kind of tracked-on anyway.
    SKELETOR

SKELETOR Overlord of Evil

Depends on what the movie adaption would call for and whether or not it'd be good.
    ScottyMcGee

ScottyMcGee Super Lab Tech

oh sweet a new Metroid thread. Just like Christmas!
    Valigarmander

Valigarmander Creepy Mario Mod Staff Member Supporter

I thought Mecha Ridley was cool. Though if there ever was a Metroid film, I don't see any good way to fit him in. Meat Ridley and Mother Brain would be climactic enough.
    My Potions Are Too Strong For You Traveller

My Potions Are Too Strong For You Traveller Supermod Staff Member

I find it difficult to criticise the boss fight. It wasn't especially original, it felt a lot like someone wanted to rebuild the elements in the Nightmare bossfight. Then again, it's really the only thing fairly normal happening in what is otherwise a somewhat uncharacteristic post-game extra sequence. We all would've been happy if Zero Mission ended where Metroid did, I think. I've only ever spoken to one person who didn't really 'get' the game. Why on earth did Samus only get a stun gun, anyway? Like what, she only keeps a taser? The one-person planet clearing warrior only has one real gun? Too contrived IMO, but it gets a pass because the gameplay was good.

I find the Zerosuit sequence a bit bittersweet, because I don't feel like Metroid needed a stealth section but it certainly handled it pretty well. The suit itself was a re-imagining of the leotard in the original game, probably intended to be a bit less smutty, but people nowadays just use it as justification to draw 'fan-art' of what is basically just a generic naked blonde woman with 90% of her skin being blue, and using the franchise to justify it.