Console Price Drop?

Everything Ninty!!

Moderator: Heroine of the Dragon

Metal Mario

Console Price Drop?

Post by Metal Mario » Tue Apr 29, 2003 11:01 am

*Source: GamerFeed

According to a conversation that a former ConsoleGold.com staffer had with a GameStop manager, an official price drop will be in effect very soon. The manager even claims to have the promotional materials that show a price drop of $50 off each of the big three. That would mean you could get an Xbox or PlayStation 2 for $149.99 or a GameCube for $99.99! Here is the excerpt from the ConsoleGold forums:

"Yeah we've known that it was probably going to happen for quite a while but when I was at Gamestop yesterday, the manager showed me the promotional materials that they've received for the price drop - $50 off each of the big three. I think he mentioned that it would kick in this coming weekend-ish."

While I certainly wouldn't take this as fact just yet, I will certainly say that it's highly possible. Companies sometimes like to make big announcements right before E3 to get a jump on competitors. If this does turn out to be true, wow! To think that you could get all three consoles for $400 is amazing!

Heroine of the Dragon
Administrator

Post by Heroine of the Dragon » Wed Apr 30, 2003 12:34 am

I'd like to see that here. Would definitely spur me on to getting another console. :D
She lives in the clouds and talks to the birds...

Happiest faerie of VGF.

Link The Survivor

Post by Link The Survivor » Wed Apr 30, 2003 6:03 am

Heh, maybe, just maybe, Microsoft could convince me to buy their Xbox with such a price drop but...they gotta show me a hojillion games that I'd want like Sony and Nintendo have with their consoles.

Luigi_PS2

Post by Luigi_PS2 » Wed Apr 30, 2003 1:19 pm

Nintendo couldn't give me a Gamecube. They would have to pay me for me to take it.
I am waiting for PS3 myself. But after that is released, I am going to wait for the prices to drop again. Unless they drop the PS2's price again, then I might buy that.
L is real

Link The Survivor

Post by Link The Survivor » Wed Apr 30, 2003 5:01 pm

Uh-huh...

imported_Alucard

Post by imported_Alucard » Wed Apr 30, 2003 6:08 pm

I might even buy the GC before I buy the GBA SP!
Alucard, Son of Dracula

Currently Running for <a href=\"http://www.vgf.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ubbcgi/u ... 168#000002\" target=\"_blank\">Fan Fiction Mod</a>, March will be free in my hotel for thoes who vote for me. or not.

I\'m a signature virus. Copy me into your signature and help me spread!

Return to “Nintendo Main”