Starfox At E3!

Everything Ninty!!

Moderator: Heroine of the Dragon

Metal Mario

Starfox At E3!

Post by Metal Mario » Thu May 01, 2003 10:47 am

*Source: IGN

IGNcube learned today that Namco Entertainment will unveil its GameCube Star Fox Armada sequel at the Electronics Entertainment Expo 2003, which begins May 14 in Los Angeles. The game, which has been in development for some time, could be available on the show floor as a multiplayer-only demo. It may also premiere exclusively on video, and once again only the multiplayer mode will be highlighted, said sources close to Nintendo.

Star Fox Armada is a traditional update to the classic franchise in that it centers on flight-based missions and action-packed dogfights. The title stars Fox McCloud and friends, all of whom can control classic aircraft and ground vehicles in intense battles.

Insiders indicated that Nintendo and Namco first concentrated on the game's multiplayer mode before delving into its single-player elements, which is why the former will be debuted at E3 2003.

The four-player mode is said to run at a solid 60 frames per second.

Star Fox Armada will be shown exclusively at Nintendo's booth -- not at Namco's.

Auron

Post by Auron » Thu May 01, 2003 3:09 pm

A new StarFox with 4-Player Mode and the well missed Falco? Sounds good.

Auron

Post by Auron » Thu May 01, 2003 3:46 pm

I had no idea of it's existance. I thought Star Fox on the GC would be another one time, wait another 6 years for the next one, type of deal.

Falco53

Post by Falco53 » Thu May 01, 2003 5:19 pm

SFA was NOT true Starfox.

Let's hope Namco does it right.
</font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Originally posted by Captain Carter:
<strong> Oh yes, and the fact you used a Strong Bad quote gives you so much more credibility .
</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif\">

Auron

Post by Auron » Thu May 01, 2003 5:27 pm

^What is your definition of a true StarFox then? Besides one with Falco (lucky guess, or unlucky)

Metal Mario

Post by Metal Mario » Thu May 01, 2003 6:51 pm

Namco's Starfox Armada is another installment in the "classic" Starfox series of flight sims. Don't worry. It's true blue.

Falco53

Post by Falco53 » Fri May 02, 2003 7:28 pm

I think it'd be cool to play levels from the perspectives of different team members (such as, oh I don't know, Falco) since they all go on different paths.

I'm glad they're bringing back the tanks. Macbeth was one of my favorite levels from Starfox 64.

I really don't care if the new game is innovative as long as it's as fun as Starfox 64.
</font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Originally posted by Captain Carter:
<strong> Oh yes, and the fact you used a Strong Bad quote gives you so much more credibility .
</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif\">

Return to “Nintendo Main”