Amazing Record For Metroid Prime Completion

Everything Ninty!!

Moderator: Heroine of the Dragon

Metal Mario

Amazing Record For Metroid Prime Completion

Post by Metal Mario » Sun May 04, 2003 4:31 pm

*Source: Planet Gamecube

Twin Galaxies, the organization responsible for recording and maintaining world records in gaming, has announced their newest world record holder. Henru Wang from Berkeley, California has beaten Metroid Prime in just 1 hour and 46 minutes.

Wang accomplished this feat through a combination of speedy movement, strategic use of the Morph Ball and bombs for transportation, and knowledge of which upgrades can be skipped or obtained out of order. He plans to continue improving his time, but the current milestone is enough to earn his place in the record books.

Click here for an interview with Wang and more information about the record-setting run.

imported_Parrakarry

Post by imported_Parrakarry » Sun May 04, 2003 4:42 pm

Look at the very top of the page, the blue bar.

That enough should tell you that these fools are grammatically incapable.
Current Project: <a href=\"http://www.vgf.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ubbcgi/u ... 1;t=002379\" target=\"_blank\">VGF Warcraft III</a>

Estimated Completion Date: Depends on which particular project I decide to finish first.

Fishmael

Post by Fishmael » Sun May 04, 2003 5:20 pm

The Gamefaq member he mentioned, l2ag3, is actually me. you guys probably don't believe me huh? :(
I have no sig.0_0

Wyborn

Post by Wyborn » Sun May 04, 2003 7:26 pm

Holy Hell.
Help me out with the best fanfiction ever, Ganondorf Beats Up EVERYONE! You decide who gets beaten!

For the battle-minded and mathematically inclined, there's the Hyrulian War, a revived time-honored tradition!

Link47

Post by Link47 » Sun May 04, 2003 9:17 pm

**** yo, i got the game on launch day and i still haven't beaten the damn thing.
[K&C]Link47 - Admin on all <a href=\"http://www.corpsehumper.com\" target=\"_blank\">Southern Alabama N00bfest</a> servers, featuring Counter-Strike 1.6, 1.6 Iceworld 24/7, and Condition Zero.

Luigi_PS2

Post by Luigi_PS2 » Sun May 04, 2003 9:26 pm

Big deal. I beat the game in 1 hr 10 min.
L is real

AJ Middleton

Post by AJ Middleton » Sun May 04, 2003 10:24 pm

Wang needs to get a life and realize that no one cares about his "record."

Wyborn

Post by Wyborn » Sun May 04, 2003 11:01 pm

I mean, seriously. I didn't even know it was possible to WALK over all the space you have to cover in the game in less than two hours.
Help me out with the best fanfiction ever, Ganondorf Beats Up EVERYONE! You decide who gets beaten!

For the battle-minded and mathematically inclined, there's the Hyrulian War, a revived time-honored tradition!

Metal Mario

Post by Metal Mario » Tue May 06, 2003 3:01 pm

What's so sad about it, as long as he's happy doing what he's doing? Our culture places a lot of emphasis on "getting out" and the misguided belief that you don't have a life if you don't party like it's 2099. Speaking for myself, I'm a reclusive introvert who has always preffered to be left to my own devices. I don't really like socializing, and I don't usually leave the comforts of my own house unless I have to. And that doesn't mean that I lie around all day depressed and moping. It's because everything I love most can be found right at my fingertips at home. Far from being housebound and dreaming of getting out, I dream of going home whenever I'm somewhere else. This guy sounds like he's enjoying himself, so why should he drag himself out on some social binge?

Power to the introverts!

Luigi_PS2

Post by Luigi_PS2 » Tue May 06, 2003 3:21 pm

Baw haw haw haw haw haaaaaaawww!!!
You have no life Metal Sario!!! Ah ha ha ha haaaa!
L is real

Metal Mario

Post by Metal Mario » Tue May 06, 2003 3:23 pm

Ignore the idiot.

Metal Mario

Post by Metal Mario » Tue May 06, 2003 6:47 pm

Who can tell? He's as mad as a rabid dog. The best thing to do is ignore him. Either that or smile and nod and hope he doesn't start foaming at the mouth.

Heroine of the Dragon
Administrator

Post by Heroine of the Dragon » Wed May 07, 2003 2:17 am

Wow... I actually do find that amazing. Good on him if he's good at something that doesn't hurt anyone else! :D
She lives in the clouds and talks to the birds...

Happiest faerie of VGF.

theflyingfish

Post by theflyingfish » Wed May 07, 2003 9:38 am

Originally posted by Metal Mario:
What's so sad about it, as long as he's happy doing what he's doing? Our culture places a lot of emphasis on "getting out" and the misguided belief that you don't have a life if you don't party like it's 2099. Speaking for myself, I'm a reclusive introvert who has always preffered to be left to my own devices. I don't really like socializing, and I don't usually leave the comforts of my own house unless I have to. And that doesn't mean that I lie around all day depressed and moping. It's because everything I love most can be found right at my fingertips at home. Far from being housebound and dreaming of getting out, I dream of going home whenever I'm somewhere else. This guy sounds like he's enjoying himself, so why should he drag himself out on some social binge?

Power to the introverts!
I think it's an interesting idea, but in this particular case it could be that he spent so much time playing Metroid Prime that he didn't get anything productive done. But I dunno, the game hasn't been out that long, so maybe he was just a good gamer and didn't need to play it all day and night.

-The Flying Fish Image

---------------
Dopefish Lives!
swim swim hungry swim swim hungry
Dwell on the Past | Dopefish Central

Return to “Nintendo Main”