What Sony Game are you playing?

The place where you can discuss everything from the world of PlayStation

Moderator: I am nobody

Booyakasha
Supermod

Re: What Sony Game are you playing?

Post by Booyakasha » Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:07 pm

I think hardest mode probably is how the game is meant to be played. Bearing in mind, naturally, that the developers will know every sneaky exploit available. Like, imagine Jackie Chan takin on them rascals on the roof in 'Who Am I?' if he didn't have access to all them secret areas and throwable objects, yeah. He might still have done alright, but he'd probably have been a heck of a lot more beat-up by movie's end.

I quit on my fresh insanity playthrough of 'Mass Effect' after getting annihilated for the umpteenth time. Decided to try it on with my saved-game lvl-60 god-emperor version of Shepard with all his maxed-out gear-------------wouldn't you know, the game was a real pussycat after that.
boo----------------the furious little monkey

Marilink
Supermod

Post by Marilink » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:39 am

Just started a Destiny 2 character on my friend’s PS4.

I had been playing some Fortnite over the past few months, and I had forgotten what good shooting feels like. Fortnite’s shooting is trash, y’all. Destiny 2 felt great.

Bomby

Post by Bomby » Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:46 am

Booyakasha wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:36 am
Holy crap. I thought I was the only one here.

SNK is so good. They release arcade-perfect ports of all their stuff on the XONE for eight bucks a pop------------is that a thing on the PS4 and Switch? I hope it is.

'Last Blade' is so beautiful.

Dismayed to hear 'SNK Heroines' isn't much of a much. It looked really fun in the Saturday Morning Scrublords vid, and I just kind of wanted it to be as hype as 'SNK Gal Fighters' on the NGPC. Also...I mean, I can't help it, I just really like Yuri, and Nakoruru, and especially Blue Mary. Blue Mary's so goddamn cool, man. I like her design, I like the Dynamite Swing, I like her stupid-ass rivalry/friendship with Terry Bogard. I want more games starring these goons, man.

Oh, homey, you have a Dreamcast? Did you get 'Power Stone'? 'Power Stone' is so f*ckin sick, man.

My 'Soul Calibur 2' was the XBox version. It isn't because I cared about this or that guest character-----------the XBox S was simply the closest thing to the Dreamcast controller. (Still annoyed there wasn't an actual Siegfried in SC2, incidentally. He's only the series' main character, here. Yeah, yeah, Nightmare. Get the hell out of here. Give me my main, goddammit.)

Right with you on not caring about 'Mortal Kombat'. I like the movies, and I love 'Mortal Kombat: The Album' (anybody who thinks "Rayden---Eternal Life" and "Sub-Zero---Chinese Ninja Warrior" aren't awesome can go straight to heck, as far as I'm concerned), but the games themselves do not a lot for me. Maybe I just never gave them a fair shot.
The arcade ports for $8 are on PS4 and Switch as well - both of my consoles have plenty.

To be fair to SNK Heroines, it does have a lot of original ideas, the actual fighting just leaves a lot to be desired. Yuri probably does have my favorite design out of the cast.

I'll have to check out Power Stone. Right now I think I only have three DC games, which is clearly insufficient.

I am nobody

Post by I am nobody » Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:54 am

Marilink wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:39 am
Just started a Destiny 2 character on my friend’s PS4.

I had been playing some Fortnite over the past few months, and I had forgotten what good shooting feels like. Fortnite’s shooting is trash, y’all. Destiny 2 felt great.
I don't know if it's a console thing or if I'm just not playing bad enough shooters to notice the difference, but Destiny 2 just felt like a normal FPS when I played the first 30 minutes or so a few months back. Is there something I'm missing?

Marilink
Supermod

Post by Marilink » Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:35 am

^It’s the second thing you said. Fortnite’s shooting is astoundingly bad.

Booyakasha
Supermod

Post by Booyakasha » Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:40 pm

Bomby wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:46 am
I'll have to check out Power Stone. Right now I think I only have three DC games, which is clearly insufficient.
Best of luck, dear my friend.

Couple years back I hit on the idea of getting backup copies of some of my DC games (DC games being slightly fragile). 'Power Stone' is a little hard to find-----------they didn't make a zillion of 'em.

I was able to get brand new factory-sealed copies of 'Chu Chu Rocket', 'Crazy Taxi', 'Soul Calibur' and 'Toy Commander' for maybe ten bucks apiece. (Amazon, man.) Meanwhile even a garbagey no-manual generic-case copy of 'Power Stone' is liable to set you back forty bucks or more.

(EDIT:...if I may recommend? You get a copy of 'Power Stone'...try everyone out a whole bunch, and then settle on Wangtang and Ayame, like I did. They are ridiculously versatile. They are the unavoidable octodimensional fists of doom. Falcon and Rouge and Ryoma are boring. Galuda and Gunrock can uproot poles, but are otherwise nonentities. Jack...Jack is okay by sheer virtue of being weird and unpredictable, but still lesser. Wangtang and Ayame are hard as nails, and also spritely enough to avoid insane kamehameha blasts. I don't know if there are 'Power Stone' tournament tiers, like there are in SSB, but Wangtang and Ayame gotta be near the top.) (Not counting Kraken and Valgas. Them two are bosses. They're OP.) (Also not counting 'Power Stone 2'. 'Power Stone 2' is trash.)

Calamity Panfan
Location: if a lot of people love each other the world would be a better place to live

Post by Calamity Panfan » Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:49 am

I am now in possession of Marvel's Spider-Man, which I'm maybe less than an hour in. I'm having a blast swinging around town so far, and the story seems like it'll be pretty intriguing.

Unfortunately my first impressions with combat have been ehhhhhhh. I hear it gets better when you level up a bit and have more tools at your disposal, but for now I could leave it. It's satisfying dodging around and hitting nice combos, but it's frustrating when you hit enemies offscreen and kind of forget about them to attack more guys near you. Even with the Spidey Sense tingling it's easy to forget about those guys offscreen and then get hit by bullets.

Still, I'm very excited to explore the world and collect some SUITS

Calamity Panfan
Location: if a lot of people love each other the world would be a better place to live

Post by Calamity Panfan » Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:52 am

Marilink wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:35 am
^It’s the second thing you said. Fortnite’s shooting is astoundingly bad.
For real I don't know how people get good at Fortnite because that shooting is some trash ass trash.

Deku Tree

Post by Deku Tree » Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:19 am

Just wrapped up God of War III. I see Horizon: Zero Dawn can be had for $20. Is that game any good?

I am nobody

Post by I am nobody » Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:07 am

^Was all set to type something up about it before I remembered I already did that: http://vgf.com/viewtopic.php?p=1625290#p1625290

Also, the phenomenal DLC: http://vgf.com/viewtopic.php?p=1646006#p1646006

As long as you can put up with some unmemorable sidequests and supporting characters, there's not much else it does wrong.

Deku Tree

Post by Deku Tree » Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:26 am

Thanks. Sounds like I'll be making the purchase.

Booyakasha
Supermod

Post by Booyakasha » Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:34 am

If a PS4 was in my budget, I might snag one just for 'Horizon Zero Dawn'. That thing looks like TNT.

Booyakasha
Supermod

Post by Booyakasha » Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:56 pm

Say, @Bomby, have you seen this?

I saw it last year and bought a copy. It is a strange thing. I'm a huge 'Darkstalkers' nerd, and so it appealed to me and maybe like three other people.

It's okay. Great for a fan project------------compared to real games, it's merely okay.

steeze

Post by steeze » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:57 am

Horizon Zero Dawn was definitely a fun game. Pretty challenging as well. Is there anyone currently playing the new Dragon Quest. I want to get it. Don't necessarily want to pay the 65 dollars for it though unless I'm hearing people are having a grand old time.

Bomby

Post by Bomby » Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:50 pm

Booyakasha wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:56 pm
Say, @Bomby, have you seen this?

I saw it last year and bought a copy. It is a strange thing. I'm a huge 'Darkstalkers' nerd, and so it appealed to me and maybe like three other people.

It's okay. Great for a fan project------------compared to real games, it's merely okay.
I thought that was actually made by former SNK employees...? Regardless, I'm getting a copy because who knows what it might be worth someday?
steeze wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:57 am
Horizon Zero Dawn was definitely a fun game. Pretty challenging as well. Is there anyone currently playing the new Dragon Quest. I want to get it. Don't necessarily want to pay the 65 dollars for it though unless I'm hearing people are having a grand old time.
I picked up the new Dragon Quest, but I haven't started it, so I can't give an opinion on it quite yet. Same with the Shenmue remaster.

I am nobody

Post by I am nobody » Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:19 am

I hadn't played it before, so I can't speak from the perspective of someone who enjoyed it previously, but whooooo boy I did not like Shenmue. Played it for two hours and it was basically just walking back and forth across town for terribly written and acted NPCs to tell me that, no, actually this other person would maybe have what I needed, but they won't be available for 12 hours, so you'd better go and stare at a wall until then.

Booyakasha
Supermod

Post by Booyakasha » Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:55 am

Bomby wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:50 pm
I thought that was actually made by former SNK employees...? Regardless, I'm getting a copy because who knows what it might be worth someday?
It's actually pretty good for an SNES fighter. I'm just spoiled by 2D fighters on the PSX/2 and Dreamcast and all, right.

Return to “Sony Playstation: This is Living!”