If you previously registered on VGF XenForo boards, you will need to use the forgot password feature in order to be able to post here. If you do not receive a password reset by e-mail, use the contact page or post in registration/login help.

Odd Modded Xbox

Wherein we discuss the Xbox one, the Xbox 360, and the Xbox One

Moderator: The Missing Link

Joker921

Odd Modded Xbox

Post by Joker921 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:01 pm

So a came across this random Xbox in my basement, Its about 2 inches taller than a normal xbox with 3 buttons and leds in the front and a computer connector of some sort in the back with 4 dip switches on it. I cant find any info on this mod anywhere, so any info would be awesome. I have no cables, power cord or controller to test it either

X-3

Post by X-3 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:31 pm

It's a haunted console, and if you play it you'll die.

Jesus

Post by Jesus » Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:35 pm

So you randomly found a modded xbox in your basement you had no previous knowledge of? How does one even do that. Also, you can't get information on modded xboxes simply because each mod has been home brewed or homemade. Also, I hate to be that guy but pics or it didn't happen. Pics would help us help you better.

Joker921

Post by Joker921 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:37 am

i dont have enough posts to put pics up yet, but ill will as soon as i do

Joker921

Post by Joker921 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:17 pm

- - - Updated - - -

http://s33.photobucket.com/user/AcTypR4 ... sort=3&o=3

- - - Updated - - -

http://s33.photobucket.com/user/AcTypR4 ... sort=3&o=1

- - - Updated - - -

Seeing how i cant seem to manage to upload a picture, heres a couple at this link

Jesus

Post by Jesus » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:59 am

Where did you obtain this? Also, that "mod" in the back is so it can be hooked up to computer monitors. Judging by the front and what's in the back I'd say it's a primitive dev kit IF the shell is in fact altogether. I really want to test it out now. I have the necessary cords and controllers since I obtained an xbox dev kit of my own years ago off of ebay. I do say however mine doesn't have those three LED lights in the front. You really should start asking around friends who have the old xbox cables and controllers. This xbox is worth testing out to see what really is different about it. What was it doing in your basement btw? You still haven't answered that question. How can a relic like this be in someone's basement without their knowledge?? You need to get the necessary power cables and controllers from a friend who have the old xbox things. Perhaps it is a modded xbox but no, the back was definitely just a simple rewrite of the code on that ribbon to change the tv connector into a monitor.

Jere

Post by Jere » Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:26 pm

It looks like a Devallright, makes me curius what OS is making that thing Tic...
Beep Boop absolutely not a bot!

Joker921

Post by Joker921 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:36 pm

I bought a foreclosed house, and the previous owner left a bunch of stuff, this was just chillin in a box. You think if i took it to game stop they would hook it up for me and test it out, all my friends got rid of there older stuff when PS3 and the 360 came out. Does anyone know of a website that i could read up on this kind of mod. Im clueless when it comes to mods

е и ժ е я
Supermod
Location: Enough. My tilde has tired and shall take its leave of you.

Post by е и ժ е я » Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:26 pm

Looks like a Parallel hookup? Might be for ripping games or even just using the modded system more as a PC.
I muttered 'light as a board, stiff as a feather' for 2 days straight and now I've ascended, ;aughing at olympus and zeus is crying

Jesus

Post by Jesus » Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:36 am

Can't hurt to ask at gamestop. You definitely should know what's in it. Don't take it apart though. It makes me anxious seeing it in action. If it has any sort of dev capabilities (I can hope but unlikely)

Joker921

Post by Joker921 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:41 am

these are my predictions........3 hard drives, computer monitor or computer itself hook up, and some sort of modded OS

Jesus

Post by Jesus » Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:49 am

Joker921 wrote:these are my predictions........3 hard drives, computer monitor or computer itself hook up, and some sort of modded OS
No...it's definitely a monitor port. The dipswitch changes the output port through that ribbon so that you actually can play it on a monitor. I just want to know what those three lights do and actually what OS is running on it. It looks clean altogether for a setup which makes me think it actually is a dev kit. Which actually, come to think of it you may need the special controllers to actually use it. That's why you need to test it out with normal controllers and cables. Go to gamestop like today dude it has me anxious.

Joker921

Post by Joker921 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:19 pm

im gonna go tomorrow and find out whats on it. If it is a "Dev" kit does that make this more valuable, im probably not gonna keep it, im strapped for cash these days, what would something like this sell for?

Jesus

Post by Jesus » Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:52 pm

Joker921 wrote:im gonna go tomorrow and find out whats on it. If it is a "Dev" kit does that make this more valuable, im probably not gonna keep it, im strapped for cash these days, what would something like this sell for?
They are pretty much priceless. Companies used these special consoles to make games and are rarely handed out. If you cleaned it up and if the OS does prove it's a dev kit, you'd probably be able to sell it fast on ebay for about 400 bucks. Yours though looks completely different from mine. It's bigger which makes me want it confirmed. I wish you wouldn't sell it. These are trwasures of gaming history that need to be preserved. You may want to sell it but trust me, just clean it up and preserve it if it's genuine. A collector will come by one day to offer you much more than any pawn shop or online auction. Don't really take it apart unless you know what the hell you are doing btw.

Joker921

Post by Joker921 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:57 pm

So i just got back from gamestop, and as soon as i walked in the door, one of the guys working there nearly scaled the counter to get to me. He was in awe, he said that it could very possibly be a dev kit. I asked him if we could hook it up and he said that they couldn't because of liability issues, that and they didn't have any cords or controllers. I asked him out of the modded systems that hes seen how he would rate the one i have on a scale from 1-10, he gave it an 8.5. So im off to a pawn shop tomorrow to see if i can find cables and a controller cheap.

Joker921

Post by Joker921 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:40 pm

also he gave it a price of around $1000-1200 if its a dev kit

Jesus

Post by Jesus » Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:29 pm

Joker921 wrote:*
also he gave it a price of around $1000-1200 if its a dev kit
You definitely have a gem dude. Don't sell it. it's also, if it's a dev kit, not a modded system but in fact an early devkit version given by microsoft. Heck, before this they looked like actual PCs. I gotta find my camera to show you my xbox and gamecube devkit. They're worth their weight in gold. A fair warning, ask to test the controllers before you buy them. Devkits usually have specialized controllers but not the case with later devkits. Not sure about yours honestly.

edit: nevermind, cohoes NY. Ima search it :p

Joker921

Post by Joker921 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:39 pm

im getting cords and cables tomorrow morning at 9am EST, ill have info by 10am, also i have an ebay account that i sell alot of games through, i could set up an auction/transaction if this is something your interested in, i have 2 kids, a wife and 1 paycheck, so im always looking to sell my stuff, as much as i would like to say ill hold on to this, the truth is i really dont have the room or the interest in the item to utilize me keeping it especially i can get a couple hundo and get my daughter formula and diapers...............priorities trump desire

Jesus

Post by Jesus » Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:39 am

Joker921 wrote:im getting cords and cables tomorrow morning at 9am EST, ill have info by 10am, also i have an ebay account that i sell alot of games through, i could set up an auction/transaction if this is something your interested in, i have 2 kids, a wife and 1 paycheck, so im always looking to sell my stuff, as much as i would like to say ill hold on to this, the truth is i really dont have the room or the interest in the item to utilize me keeping it especially i can get a couple hundo and get my daughter formula and diapers...............priorities trump desire
So true. I've no desire to buy it though I'm sure someone else will. I guess you can call me a purist of hardware. I never want to see gems fall into the wrong hands making em get broken. Be sure to get your moneys worth though if it's legitimate. Only way you'll be sure is if it works!

Joker921

Post by Joker921 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:24 pm

So today a friend of mine lent me the power, a/v cables and a controller so i could check it out, So heres the out come it does have 3 hard drives, it is modded with xecuter2 and has emulators for Atari, neo geo, commodore 64, n64, NES, SNES , Sega and XBox. All together theres between 3500-4000 games. The mod acts funny in the different hard drives (the 3 buttons on the front), i specifiy those because when i looked deeper in the system it seemed to have for drives. It had C, D, E, F, X, Y, and Z.......C, E, and F are the led hard drives and d is a dvd drive, X, Y, and Z are virtual i believe. The mod still works properly but in each hard drive the names of the emulators are different but are the same for each hard drive and some of the games in C hard drive are different from the one in the E hard drive but are the same emulator. I looked at some of the applications and they also vary per hard drive. But these are what ive found on it so far: dvd2xbox, Px HDD Loader, boXplorer, DVD-X2 DongleFree DVD-Player, Xbox Media Center, Bo-XLink, and XBC-Link. The Emulators on it are: fce, gensx, hugonew, MAME-X, pcsxbox, uaex, xSnes9x, dgenx, and Surreal 64. Its got something called Evox on it too, not sure what that is. If anyone can tell me what i have that would be great, im not sure how to figure out how big the hard drives are. Im not sure what to do with this thing, i would like to sell it but i have not clue how to even price this thing. Im open to suggestions

Return to “Microsoft Xbox”