What PC Game Are You Currently Playing?

Moderator: Jere

Heroine of the Dragon
Administrator

Post by Heroine of the Dragon » Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:17 pm

Minecraft... :p :D
She lives in the clouds and talks to the birds...

Happiest faerie of VGF.

vicky_john2

Post by vicky_john2 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:14 am

shadow of mordor

I am nobody

Post by I am nobody » Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:00 pm

"Finished" Neverwinter Nights yesterday. I put that in quotations because it was a strange playthrough where I got bored and quit the main campaign after the prologue, and did the same with Hordes of the Underdark and Shadows of U-something at the start of the last chapter. Normally that'd be a bad thing, but I actually really enjoyed it.

Moved on to Neverwinter 2 now. I'd forgotten how impossibly terrible faces were in 2006.

е и ժ е я
Supermod
Location: Enough. My tilde has tired and shall take its leave of you.

Post by е и ժ е я » Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:01 am

Wolfenstein: The New Order

Didn't quite finish it last play through, so now I'm going all the way. The game isn't any less cool, plus this time I have 3 screens.
I muttered 'light as a board, stiff as a feather' for 2 days straight and now I've ascended, ;aughing at olympus and zeus is crying

Kil'jaeden

Post by Kil'jaeden » Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:38 pm

[QUOTE="I am nobody, post: 1529257, member: 34539"]Don't know if you're using mods for that, but the Star Wars conversion is quite the experience. There's something about being a horribly overpowered Jedi droid riding a landspeeder through a crowd of Jawas and murdering 200 of them alternately with the routinely OHK lightsaber or the half-the-screen blast radius heavy guns.

The base game is fun, too, but I've never had the patience to legitimately get to the point where I can take on castles. Possibly because of refusing to join a real faction.

I enjoyed the first episode of that, and then they went and made it impossible to buy the second one without also buying the remaining three. Strange business model.

Does it hold up after the intro?[/QUOTE]

I missed this until now. I have never played the Star Wars mod, but I have a few mods.
The man who is blind, deaf,and silent lives in peace.

Shane
Administrator

Post by Shane » Fri May 15, 2015 12:30 am

Was planning to 100% Defender's Quest but didn't want to bother as I got closer to the end because I'm not even sure it's possible and didn't want to keep repeating levels at the back half of New Game+ trying. Still a great game, amusing writing and strong gameplay and combination of genres. I'll probably try again eventually with the mod that increases the max level to 99.

For now, I've moved on to Spellforce 2: Faith in Destiny, which I had only played through for a few hours previously. Really like the series since it's an RTS/RPG hybrid. For the uninitiated, this is where the quote "We call them the Nameless for want of a better term the evil bastards" originated.
Competition is a good thing. It's a chance to crush people.

Random User

Post by Random User » Fri May 15, 2015 3:35 am

Back into Skyrim, and after I beat it again I think I'm gonna finally play through Oblivion.

I am nobody

Post by I am nobody » Fri May 15, 2015 6:09 am

Trying to finish up my EUIV Ethiopia run before Witcher 3 comes out. Up to 1710 and have all of Central/West Africa and, naturally, most of Indonesia and Oceania.

Also dabbling in a few other games, but it's mostly EUIV at the moment. It's a very long game.

е и ժ е я
Supermod
Location: Enough. My tilde has tired and shall take its leave of you.

Post by е и ժ е я » Fri May 15, 2015 7:33 am

Wolfenstein: the Old Blood

So far really quite good, although definitely not on par with the marks made by the New Order.
I muttered 'light as a board, stiff as a feather' for 2 days straight and now I've ascended, ;aughing at olympus and zeus is crying

Kil'jaeden

Post by Kil'jaeden » Fri May 15, 2015 2:38 pm

[QUOTE="I am nobody, post: 1533947, member: 34539"]Trying to finish up my EUIV Ethiopia run before Witcher 3 comes out. Up to 1710 and have all of Central/West Africa and, naturally, most of Indonesia and Oceania.

Also dabbling in a few other games, but it's mostly EUIV at the moment. It's a very long game.[/QUOTE]

I have a Persian empire(including India) running into the Byzantine Empire with a powerful Holy Roman Empire and Finland.

I am nobody

Post by I am nobody » Fri May 15, 2015 3:11 pm

^Finland always gets smashed by Sweden and none of the HRE states ever get past a handful of provinces in my games. The only interesting things happening with the AI nations in my current run are the Commenwealth reversing history and taking enough of Russia to keep it from ever unifying and the Knights of Rhodes holding out until the 1700s. They somehow even managed to win one of the wars with the Ottomans despite being down around 200 in force limit.

Kil'jaeden

Post by Kil'jaeden » Fri May 15, 2015 3:15 pm

I get all sorts of crazy play throughs. I converted the Middle East to a Persian Buddhist culture in CK2, and my main obstacle to expansion is a huge pagan Russia.

In another, I got much of Europe to be Cathar, starting as Mercia.

Shane
Administrator

Post by Shane » Fri May 15, 2015 6:22 pm

The average Paradox game has 190 hours played, and I can easily see why. I remember when Koei was the king of the genre, and back then I used to do the same.

Scarecrow

Post by Scarecrow » Fri May 15, 2015 7:09 pm

TF2 boys.

Shane
Administrator

Post by Shane » Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:09 pm

Half Minute Hero. The silly name makes it easy to overlook, but it's a nice lite RPG to kill a few hours.

The Amazing Tazy Ten

Post by The Amazing Tazy Ten » Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:56 pm

Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes.

It's alright.

Shane
Administrator

Post by Shane » Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:57 pm

It was moderately entertaining for a while, but the 30 second per level concept of Half Minute Hero got old after a while. Beat the main story but no desire to complete the other modes.

Tried playing Heroes of Annihilated Empires, which I apparently got in a bundle and didn't notice I had until now. RTS/RPG. Very positive reviews on Steam. What could go wrong? I don't get it. Is this game supposed to be this hard, or do I just not know what I'm doing? Let's try to change the difficulty. Normal or hard. Well, that does not help me at all.

Moved on to Rise of Nations: Extended Edition. I must have put in over 100 hours on this thanks to player created scenarios when I had it on disc. I've really forgotten how to play this, though.

I am nobody

Post by I am nobody » Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:01 am

Working on stuff I got from the Steam sale now. So far that's meant steady progress in The New Order and constantly switching between everything else to see what sticks.

Wolfenstein is an interesting one because, while I like the gameplay, I cannot for the life of me figure out what the plot wants to be. It's just serious enough for me to notice and be bothered by all the inconsistencies and absurdities, but simultaneously silly enough that I'm not sure how many of those were deliberately unbelievable. The near-constant barrage of "scripted bad things happen and you survive because of scripted acts of God and/or baffling enemy incompetence" moments is not helping. As a shooter it's good - great, even - but so far I'm really not seeing what everyone was praising about the story last year.

Do have to complain about the stealth, though. Guards are nearly blind and deaf on the second highest difficulty, to the point that you can loudly murder a guard dog a foot behind a guy without him even starting to turn around. Knife throws are silent OHKs even if you hit a guy in the hand from 20 feet away. Sometimes guards that see you will do this stabbing animation that does almost no damage, and other times they'll swing a baton for a third of your health. It's not a great system, but they keep setting it up as by far the most viable option.

I REALLY HATE POKEMON!

Post by I REALLY HATE POKEMON! » Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:15 am

Sonic Dash. It's horrible...oh how the mighty have fallen.

The Amazing Tazy Ten

Post by The Amazing Tazy Ten » Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:20 pm

I bought a bunch of games during the Summer sale and tested them all out.

Crystal Story II, Quantum Conundrum, System Shock 2 and the entire Deponia collection to name a few.

Return to “Computer Gaming & Tech”