Battle Splash: Non-violence Chaotic Arena Shooter

Moderator: Jere

DranyaStudio

Battle Splash: Non-violence Chaotic Arena Shooter

Post by DranyaStudio » Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:45 pm

Hello everyone! First time posting in here. We are Dranya Studio, a small indie game studio come from Hanoi, Vietnam. This is a game project we’re working on called Battle Splash and it’s a third-person shooter based on the theme of water fight with non-violence but competitive gameplay. Although it’s still in development, we want to share our current progress so as to gain feedbacks from you guys and spread the words to everywhere. Currently, we’ve finished our playable build with competitive water arena section and a few maps. We’re planning to make a Greenlight and IndieGogo campaign, as well as making more game contents.

Features in a nutshell:

- Fast-paced Action-packed Third-person shooter with the theme of water fights in colorful and exotic sceneries

- 4 classes with different traits, stats and unique special items.

- A set of 4 basic weapons (available for all classes).

- Water Arena with 3 game modes, including 2 Competitive modes and 1 Objective mode.

- All game modes are playable online and offline with AI bots

- Optimizing for up to 32 players in a server

- Full local network support. Online play is being under experiment.

Things that we’re planned for further development (or maybe not!)

- Co-op campaign with the origin story of Battle Splash

- Additional post-release maps and modes

- Full modding support with tools for user-made experiences (expect the unexpected!)

Battle Splash in action (to be updated)

Screenshots Splashes:

Feel free to give us comments so that we can improve Battle Splash for a better game. Thank you very much and have a nice day!

Dev blog: http://battlesplash.com/blog/

Email: battlesplash@dranyastudio.com / gaminghanu@gmail.com

(Edit: Mod here. I've removed the links to promotional pages aside from the dev blog and Email. This is a decent post, and if the creator would like to talk to our members directly at VGF, they're more than welcome. Spam/self-promotional posts are normally lazy and seek to move interest off the forum. Keep the offsite links to a minimum, but feel free to engage with our members. Thank you for respecting our community rules, and welcome to VGF. - A.I.)

е и ժ е я
Supermod
Location: Enough. My tilde has tired and shall take its leave of you.

Post by е и ժ е я » Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:10 pm

Thanks for taking the time to post! I've edited the OP. Normally Self-promoting posts which come from new members/those who have not contributed to the community are correctly considered SPAM, and removed. Please refer to my addendum to your post above. :smile:

On-Topic:

Looks like it has potential, although there is no shortage of multiplayer shooters. Is this a sort of paintball-like take on arena games? The color choices remind me of Splatoon a bit. Nice to see someone using vibrant anything in a shooter game, still. The realistic-colored grass screens are incongruous.

I would presume these screens are from different builds of the game? If not, I'd tell the art director to lock in a palette and a style. Indie it may be, but gamers do not like incongruity. The last screen is probably the most appealing, to me. The pinkish-white blossoms contrast poorly with the other trees, though. Most importantly, those random-angle planes on the trees are rather old-hat and they are also stylistically incompatible with the solid body orange trees in the background.
I muttered 'light as a board, stiff as a feather' for 2 days straight and now I've ascended, ;aughing at olympus and zeus is crying

DranyaStudio

Post by DranyaStudio » Tue Sep 13, 2016 4:26 am

Thanks for your comment :) . These are indeed screenshots from different builds. Newer build has graphic problems and is not quite ready for screenshot yet. If you have any more feedback, please don't hold back and feel free to comment on our game :) . We are a small team and we appreciate your kind reponses.

ScottyMcGee

Post by ScottyMcGee » Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:12 pm

Main girl is a cuuuuttiieeee.
SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

Jere

Post by Jere » Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:45 pm

looks interesting, ill keep it on the radar.
Beep Boop absolutely not a bot!

inismona

Post by inismona » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:25 am

I've seen it on Siliconera, look kinda funny

Return to “Computer Gaming & Tech”