My teacher explained why smoking is so hard to quit.

Moderator: March

Random User

Post by Random User » Mon May 13, 2013 2:58 pm

I've said it before and I'll say it again: pot brownies.

Jere

Post by Jere » Mon May 13, 2013 4:20 pm

If you like it i see no meaning to stop doing it, unless it is largly affecting yourself in a negative way.

and with the E-cigs you skip the Tar that goes into your lungs, they are the biggest problem with smoking cigarets
Beep Boop absolutely not a bot!

Jesus

Post by Jesus » Mon May 13, 2013 5:34 pm

Jere wrote:If you like it i see no meaning to stop doing it, unless it is largly affecting yourself in a negative way.

and with the E-cigs you skip the Tar that goes into your lungs, they are the biggest problem with smoking cigarets
Of course all that **** goes into your lungs but lets not forget, ANY HOT SMOKE YOU INHALE is bad for you. Smoking, being the second leading cause of amputation does nothing BUT impact you in a negative way. You may not feel it, but it's damage every time you take a puff. Smoking causes the linings of your lungs to be torn away from all the extra work that has to be done to clean them out eventually causing a really holey lung. Guess what happens next. The air you breathe in doesn't cause an appropriate exchange of CO2 then your arteries and veins become bubbly causing pulmonary embolisms and emphysema. Maybe people know smoking's bad, but they don't realize the lengths to the damage it causes. Not gonna post the picture directly into this post but this should give a clearer description.

http://userfiles.steadyhealth.com/sites ... isease.jpg

Note how the alveolar tissue has ruptured. Look at the holes lining those lungs.

And most people know that smoking is bad for them, but they just don't want to quit. We've all been educated since the sixth grade that smoking was bad yet people still do it anyways.

I REALLY HATE POKEMON!

Post by I REALLY HATE POKEMON! » Tue May 14, 2013 1:31 am

HNNG

I'm having a heart attack. Better do a fat 325, know what I'm sayin'?

^ I really hate cigarettes, and the second-hand smoke. People should be more considerate of that aspect also, because it does damage as well.

LOOT
Banned

Post by LOOT » Thu May 16, 2013 10:32 pm

Jesus wrote:ANY kind of hot smoke you inhale is bad for your lungs.
Well duh intaking ash is usually a bad thing!
Marijuana smoke takes effect on the lungs just as much as tobacco smoke.
lol no it doesn't you're full of it

I REALLY HATE POKEMON!

Post by I REALLY HATE POKEMON! » Thu May 16, 2013 11:32 pm

^ Smoke inhalation is bad for lungs. You know that, right?

LOOT
Banned

Post by LOOT » Thu May 16, 2013 11:39 pm

Hence the first part of my post made that clear

I REALLY HATE POKEMON!

Post by I REALLY HATE POKEMON! » Thu May 16, 2013 11:53 pm

So the second part was sarcasm...then. I see.

X-3

Post by X-3 » Fri May 17, 2013 12:31 am

Nah, he's probably just being defensive about his drug stash.

Jesus

Post by Jesus » Fri May 17, 2013 1:49 am

Loot, the findings of marijuana smoke and lung cancer have been correlated and studied. It's scientifically proven. If you attach a filter to a bowl and let the smoke go through all the way or just simply burning marijuana in an experiment similar to showing how much gunk is in a cigarette, you'd find a lot of gunk getting caught in that filter. That **** goes into your lungs. ANY kind of hot smoke is bad for you. It doesn't matter where it comes from. And yes, marijuana does have as much tar (if not more) than cigarettes. E-cigarettes use hot smoke as well which is still bad for the lungs. It's all a fad and just advertising to mess with you. Why do you think any logical doctor wouldn't advise using electronic cigarettes as a quitting aid?

LOOT
Banned

Post by LOOT » Fri May 17, 2013 10:17 pm

Lol you say "correlated and studied" but you have yet to offer any medical journals, reports, or the likes. I literally can Google search that this is wrong in less time than it's worth for me to actually copy and paste the links. Pot smokers actually tend to have healthier lungs if they don't use cigarettes than even non-smokers. Go ahead, look it up, I'll be over here finishing my chinese food.

I REALLY HATE POKEMON!

Post by I REALLY HATE POKEMON! » Fri May 17, 2013 10:54 pm

^ Unless marijuana has some miracle properties for lungs which are so powerful that is overrides the damage from the smoke, and then continues to actually strengthen the lungs beyond their initial state, I have to call bull****. I think I am safe in doing so.

Jesus

Post by Jesus » Sat May 18, 2013 1:15 pm

Loot wrote:Lol you say "correlated and studied" but you have yet to offer any medical journals, reports, or the likes. I literally can Google search that this is wrong in less time than it's worth for me to actually copy and paste the links. Pot smokers actually tend to have healthier lungs if they don't use cigarettes than even non-smokers. Go ahead, look it up, I'll be over here finishing my chinese food.
Please, tell me how the hot smoke from smoking marijuana is good for lungs. How has any type of hot smoke been good for the lungs? Marijuana is a plant, yet it's natural. Does that mean inhaling the fumes from burning wood is good for you? Hell no! Hot smoke is hot smoke. It's what kills your lungs. If you can prove to me HOW smoking marijuana is good for your lungs then I will submit. Until then, I am willing to believe my teacher who has a bachelor's in respiratory care and a doctorate in education over you who has little to no educational background in this type of thing. Sorry Loot.

I am nobody

Post by I am nobody » Sat May 18, 2013 2:21 pm

Rather than letting this go one for another 20 pages:http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/01/1 ... udy-finds/
http://www.ucsf.edu/news/2012/01/11282/ ... gs-tobacco

I personally don't see the appeal of any addictive substance - especially sedatives - but what people do to themselves isn't really any of my business as long as it stays with them.

е и ժ е я
Supermod
Location: Enough. My tilde has tired and shall take its leave of you.

Post by е и ժ е я » Sat May 18, 2013 2:51 pm

Jesus wrote:Until then, I am willing to believe my teacher who has a bachelor's in respiratory care and a doctorate in education over you who has little to no educational background in this type of thing. Sorry Loot.
Unless he's actually performed a study on this himself, he's just another guy who read something. Be realistic. Teachers are wrong all the time. It's important to be critical of all information.

Like you attending any kind of medical course, for instance. Everyone's a doctor on the internet.
I muttered 'light as a board, stiff as a feather' for 2 days straight and now I've ascended, ;aughing at olympus and zeus is crying

Jesus

Post by Jesus » Sat May 18, 2013 4:23 pm

^&^^. Then I am confused. Inhaling hot smoke is damaging though. And sure I can throw articles here and there. http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style ... 18050.html there you go. And AI, as a student and a professor I'm sure he's had to do his independent research. I know teachers may be wrong but it doesn't mean that just because he's a professor that he IS wrong. Your statement kinda undervalues the need for education.

I REALLY HATE POKEMON!

Post by I REALLY HATE POKEMON! » Sat May 18, 2013 11:56 pm

^ Just how does his statement do that?

- - - Updated - - -

Jesus

Post by Jesus » Sun May 19, 2013 3:36 am

I REALLY HATE POKEMON! wrote:^ Just how does his statement do that?

- - - Updated - - -

To say that you shouldn't take in what your teacher says to you defeats the purpose of what an educator is meant to do. I understand where he's coming from but I believe that you should try to understand what your teacher is saying. Just because I don't know if he's done any of his own studies doesn't mean that the knowledge he imparts on me is any less important.

I REALLY HATE POKEMON!

Post by I REALLY HATE POKEMON! » Sun May 19, 2013 5:09 am

^ You should never take anything in unquestioningly.

е и ժ е я
Supermod
Location: Enough. My tilde has tired and shall take its leave of you.

Post by е и ժ е я » Wed May 22, 2013 2:27 pm

I did not say that education is not valuable. I am saying educators can carry bias and misinformation.
I muttered 'light as a board, stiff as a feather' for 2 days straight and now I've ascended, ;aughing at olympus and zeus is crying

Return to “Sports & Fitness”