Heroine of the Dragon
- Posts: 41911
- Joined: Sun Jul 30, 2000 1:00 am
- Location: ǝlod ɥʇnos ǝɥʇ ɟo ɥʇɹou
- Has thanked: 17 times
- Been thanked: 9 times
She lives in the clouds and talks to the birds...
Happiest faerie of VGF.
е и ժ е я
- Posts: 41093
- Joined: Sun Aug 18, 2002 1:00 am
- Location: Enough. My tilde has tired and shall take its leave of you.
- Has thanked: 40 times
- Been thanked: 16 times
I muttered 'light as a board, stiff as a feather' for 2 days straight and now I've ascended, ;aughing at olympus and zeus is crying
- Posts: 12992
- Joined: Thu Jun 29, 2006 3:54 pm
- Location: If you see a stranger, follow him.
- Has thanked: 6 times
- Been thanked: 5 times
I used to take ice skating lessons. Stopped a long, long time ago, but now I can skate without falling and I'm not too shabby. I'm hoping my abilities will help me when I start roller derby in the summer.
- Posts: 13273
- Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2001 1:00 am
- Location: The state of Denial
- Been thanked: 3 times
Whenever I tried, I fell flat on my face.
- Posts: 9039
- Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:22 pm
- Location: Now THAT's a katana!
- Has thanked: 42 times
- Been thanked: 17 times
I'd love to try sometime!
...but I should probably go snowboarding first.
Do you know how much you mean to me
Why must you leave~?
- Posts: 141053
- Joined: Thu Apr 22, 1999 11:42 pm
- Location: St. Upidtown
- Been thanked: 28 times
Never tried, and I have little interest in any sport involving the word ice. Where I work, there's a skating rink, and I see people out there with the wind chill of 20 below. They are crazy and/or stupid.
I tried rollerblading once, but that did not go too well.
Now I know there's a reason you shouldn't blame others when you do something wrong, and that reason is: you might get caught and have to apologize to a bunch of dumb peasants.
- Posts: 7240
- Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:52 pm
- Location: I don't even know
- Has thanked: 7 times
Yeah I've been ice skating a couple of times. At least I know how to brake.
Braking > going faster
- Posts: 17596
- Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2006 12:38 am
- Location: my apartment most likely
- Has thanked: 5 times
I have zero balance, so I would likely fall flat on my face.
Every day I'm Shucklin'
Saria Dragon of the Rain Wilds
- Posts: 33899
- Joined: Sat Jul 15, 2000 1:00 am
- Location: Forteresse de Valois
- Has thanked: 1 time
Um, yes. Seven years of figure skating when I was a lass.
Nonsense, I have not yet begun to defile myself.
b l a n k
- Posts: 1994
- Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:17 pm
The one time I tried, I was an 11-year-old paralyzed with fear, so I hung out on the edge of the rink the entire time.
But now, I wouldn't be afraid. I'm a big man. Why should I be scared of a little ice?
- Posts: 10587
- Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2001 1:00 am
I'm pretty sure I could scoot my bum across the ice if I tried...
Why is it drug addicts and computer afficionados are both called users?
- Posts: 3981
- Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:20 am
- Location: Controlling the East Coast.
I've never actually tried ice skating, all though, I'm certain I'd probably end up hurting myself somehow.
- Posts: 4
- Joined: Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:10 pm
I used to be fairly decent (by no means great) but I have found that the confidence (or lack thereof) in my skating skills actually makes me much more prone to falling. If you think you are going to fall a lot of the time, chances are that you will.
- Posts: 41400
- Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2001 1:00 am
- Location: What if we die and it turns out God is a big CHICKEN?? What then?!
- Has thanked: 20 times
- Been thanked: 42 times
I love ice skating. I'm competent, but I haven't mastered the skid-stop yet.
Carthago delendum est