2014 NFL Discussion

Moderator: March

Bomby

Post by Bomby » Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:19 pm

The problem is that the Packers have a great offense but a mediocre defense. The only real standouts right now are Clay Matthews and Julius Peppers.

I like Ha-Ha Clinton Dix as well, but that's mostly because of his name. I mean, seriously, how can you not love someone named Ha-Ha Clinton-Dix?

Gumchum

Post by Gumchum » Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:47 pm

At this point, I really don't care who makes the Super Bowl, as long as it's not Tom Brady.

I mean, I like Russell Wilson. I like Aaron Rodgers. I like the Geico caveman Andrew Luck.

But I absolutely loathe Tom Brady.

Calamity Panfan
Location: if a lot of people love each other the world would be a better place to live

Post by Calamity Panfan » Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:03 am

Even I don't much care for Tom Brady, and I'm a Michigan blowhard.
and that's the waaaaaaaaaay the news goes

snowboarder84

Post by snowboarder84 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:21 am

Rodgers is the MVP this year for sure. I have to give him respect as he beat my cowboys with basically 1 leg. Seattles defence is vicious so if they get to Rodgers, it's gonna be tough. I heard on the radio "as long as his hands r not broken" he can win which is true. First game of the season, the packers lost to Seattle so I am sure they haven't forgotten that.

It's really hard to say but it's gonna go down to how the offensive line can hold the Seattle defence, that's where the game will be decided.

glux

Post by glux » Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:34 pm

BEST. GAME. EVER.
FTP

Bomby

Post by Bomby » Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:51 pm

This has been my problem with the Packers in damn near every game for the past 4 or 5 seasons: They get a decent lead in the first half, then get lazy in the second half and let the other team catch up. Even when they won the Super Bowl against the Pittsburgh Steelers, they almost lost it from that same tendency. But it was good to see my new favorite player Ha-Ha Clinton-Dix get two picks.

Oh well. They lost to a good team, led by a former Badger at that.

I'm curious how many other Packer fans besides myself will be supporting the Seahawks in the Super Bowl. A lot of us will probably be salty, but Russell Wilson still gets a lot of love and respect for his time with the Badgers.

The Missing Link

Post by The Missing Link » Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:15 pm

Because the Seahawks are awesome.

I haven't watched the game just because I woke up about a half hour before the game ended. But I heard the first half was a train wreck for Seattle, but the last half of the game was where they shined. Which seems to be their M.O. really.
Carpe Pullum Domesticum! (Seize the Cucco!) Image

Calamity Panfan
Location: if a lot of people love each other the world would be a better place to live

Post by Calamity Panfan » Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:03 pm

[QUOTE="King Bomby, post: 1512597, member: 17840"]This has been my problem with the Packers in damn near every game for the past 4 or 5 seasons: They get a decent lead in the first half, then get lazy in the second half and let the other team catch up. Even when they won the Super Bowl against the Pittsburgh Steelers, they almost lost it from that same tendency. But it was good to see my new favorite player Ha-Ha Clinton-Dix get two picks.

Oh well. They lost to a good team, led by a former Badger at that.

I'm curious how many other Packer fans besides myself will be supporting the Seahawks in the Super Bowl. A lot of us will probably be salty, but Russell Wilson still gets a lot of love and respect for his time with the Badgers.[/QUOTE]

I know a few who are still bitter at the Seahawks for the Fail Mary (even though that was the refs' fault). I think it depends a lot on who the AFC team is. A lot of people hate Touchdown Tom and the Patriots, so they might consider the Seahawks the lesser of two evils (not that I think the Seahawks are evil. They're probably my second-favorite NFC team).

Also I really hope that people learn from Mike McCarthy settling for two field goals on 4th and goal because **** like that pisses me off. But this is the NFL and nobody ever learns.

Bomby

Post by Bomby » Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:06 pm

Generally speaking I do like Mike McCarthy, especially after the losetastic failfest that was Mike Sherman's tenure as head coach, but I feel like he plays it way too safe sometimes, and that screws the Packers over in the end.

Also apparently with the exception of Ray Rhodes's one year as coach, being named "Mike" is one of the leading requirements to be the Packers' head coach.

Calamity Panfan

Post by Calamity Panfan » Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:09 pm

Under Matt Millen, it was all about the "M" last name for the Lions

Gary Moeller (though he wasn't Millen's hire iirc)
Marty Morninwheg
Steve Mariucci
Rod Marinelli

glux

Post by glux » Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:47 pm

Guys...

I don't think the Colts are going to the SuperBowl. :(
FTP

Calamity Panfan

Post by Calamity Panfan » Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:53 pm

anything is possible they could still come back

glux

Post by glux » Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:57 pm

You know you're winning big when the coach puts in the backup QB... in the Playoffs.
FTP

March

Post by March » Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:48 pm

#deflategate
Every day I'm Shucklin'

Calamity Panfan

Post by Calamity Panfan » Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:49 pm

#americasteam

March

Post by March » Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:27 pm

How about Josh Gordon.
Every day I'm Shucklin'

Calamity Panfan

Post by Calamity Panfan » Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:20 am

HOW ABOUT MATTHEW STAFFORD

PRO BOWL MVP ****

glux

Post by glux » Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:14 pm

SUPERBOWL BETS
This is a list of bets my coworker sent me today. I thought it would be fun for everyone to fill out.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

The easiest way to enter is to put your name in the top row, and go down the list with your answers. HONOR SYSTEM, no changing anyone's answers, guys.
If you're afraid someone will change your answers, you can just post your answers here in the forum and I'll enter them.
The question column can only be edited by me.

To sweeten the deal, I'll buy the winner (whoever gets the most right) a $20 gift card to Amazon.com, or retailer of choice if possible. ;)
In the case of a tie... well... we'll cross the bridge when we come to it.
FTP

Calamity Panfan

Post by Calamity Panfan » Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:26 pm

In case some jerk changes them:
Under (I BELIEVE IN YOU ADELE NAZEEEM)
NE
Tails
SEA
FG
NE
YES
PUNT
SCORE
YES