If you previously registered on VGF XenForo boards, you will need to use the forgot password feature in order to be able to post here. If you do not receive a password reset by e-mail, use the contact page or post in registration/login help.

St. Louis Cardinals OF Oscar Taveras killed in car accident

Moderator: March

Gumchum

St. Louis Cardinals OF Oscar Taveras killed in car accident

Post by Gumchum » Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:39 pm

Source: http://m.mlb.com/news/article/99707820/ ... n-republic
Cardinals top outfield prospect Oscar Taveras and his girlfriend died in a car accident near his home in the Dominican Republic on Sunday afternoon, according to the player's agent, Brian Mejia.

Taveras was 22. Edilia Arvelo, 18, was also killed, according to ESPNDeportes.com's Dionisio Soldevila.

There were no other details available. The Cardinals are still gathering information.

"Obviously, we have deep condolences to his family," Cardinals general manager John Mozeliak said. "We are still waiting for more details before issuing a full statement."

Taveras made his Major League debut this season.
This is horrible. Absolutely horrible. This kid had such a bright future ahead of him, and now it's been stolen. Beyond baseball, he was just 22 years old. Terrible, awful news.

Calamity Panfan
Location: if a lot of people love each other the world would be a better place to live

Post by Calamity Panfan » Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:42 pm

This is tragic. 22 years is way too young for somebody to go.
and that's the waaaaaaaaaay the news goes

Gumchum

Post by Gumchum » Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:57 pm

I don't think an athlete's death has ever hit me this hard. Not even Darryl Kile's death had this sort of impact.

glux

Post by glux » Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:10 pm

It always hits me when an athlete, especially a young one, gets taken too soon.
Hell, I'm not even a fan of St. Louis and I feel absolutely terrible about this.
FTP

Gumchum

Post by Gumchum » Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:03 pm

Beyond the obvious tragedy of the whole situation, it really leaves some uncomfortable questions for the Cardinals: http://www.vivaelbirdos.com/2014/11/5/7 ... d-question

Return to “Sports & Fitness”