If you previously registered on VGF XenForo boards, you will need to use the forgot password feature in order to be able to post here. If you do not receive a password reset by e-mail, use the contact page or post in registration/login help.
- Posts: 7956
- Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:24 pm
- Location: In the Vicinity
Do you think that the Steroid Era of baseball has ended? There aren't nearly as many home runs as there were 1989-2007, and the sport is now more defense-oriented.
I am nobody
- Posts: 12360
- Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:26 pm
- Location: -89.97814998,-42.2333493
Hard to say. Recent rule changes that favored defense and the amphetamine ban were more strongly associated with declines in home runs, or so I've heard. They were also up a good bit last year,
but like they say, it's not immediately clear why that was or if it was just a blip.[/URL]
The Amazing Tazy Ten
- Posts: 28857
- Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2000 1:00 am
- Location: Just recently escaped Limbo
Man. Now I'll never beat teams 60-0 in baseball video games...
Or I can, but I'll have to try now.
- Posts: 9923
- Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2000 2:00 am
- Location: 'MURICA
Absolutely not. Be it hubris or new methods of juicing, players desperate enough for that edge will find a way.
- Posts: 32022
- Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2005 1:00 am
- Location: if a lot of people love each other the world would be a better place to live
Yeah, people are definitely still juicing in baseball. It's gone down since the days of Sosa, McGwire, Bonds, etc. most likely but it's still there and it will never go away.
and that's the waaaaaaaaaay the news goes
е и ժ е я
- Posts: 41017
- Joined: Sun Aug 18, 2002 1:00 am
- Location: Enough. My tilde has tired and shall take its leave of you.
Narrator voice: Find Out Next Time On Dragon Ball MLB
I muttered 'light as a board, stiff as a feather' for 2 days straight and now I've ascended, ;aughing at olympus and zeus is crying