If you previously registered on VGF XenForo boards, you will need to use the forgot password feature in order to be able to post here. If you do not receive a password reset by e-mail, use the contact page or post in registration/login help.

Just one minute of intense exercise is as good as 45 minutes of endurance training

Moderator: March

Heroine of the Dragon
Administrator

Just one minute of intense exercise is as good as 45 minutes of endurance training

Post by Heroine of the Dragon » Mon May 02, 2016 12:49 am

If your main excuse for not exercising is that you just haven’t got the time, then prepare to be shocked – because scientists have discovered that all you need is 60 seconds of hard work – and you don’t even need a gym to do it.

New research from McMaster University in Canada has found that just a single minute of super-intense exercise had the same effect as 45 minutes of endurance training, like jogging or cycling.

It’s important to note that this single minute is accumulative, so three 20 second sprints spread over 10 minutes of training is effectively one minute of balls-to-the-wall exercise.

And just because the workout is short, that doesn’t make it easy – many people find themselves working so hard they need to stem the urge to vomit (that's how you know it’s working).
All the exercise in 10 minutes:
For the group that performed the high-intensity exercise, the protocol was simple: they warmed up on a spin bike for two minutes, performed a flat-out sprint lasting just 20 seconds and then cycled easily for two minutes to recover.

The men did just three max-effort sprints before completing a three minutes cool-down. In all, the workout took just 10 minutes, and could be easily replicated in your home or at the gym.
More: http://www.msn.com/en-au/health/fitness ... ailsignout

Those Canadians rock!!!! :D
She lives in the clouds and talks to the birds...

Happiest faerie of VGF.

е и ժ е я
Supermod
Location: Enough. My tilde has tired and shall take its leave of you.

Post by е и ժ е я » Mon May 02, 2016 12:56 am

Experts Hate Me
I muttered 'light as a board, stiff as a feather' for 2 days straight and now I've ascended, ;aughing at olympus and zeus is crying

I REALLY HATE POKEMON!

Post by I REALLY HATE POKEMON! » Mon May 02, 2016 1:13 am

I am not sure that is healthy.

The Amazing Tazy Ten

Post by The Amazing Tazy Ten » Mon May 02, 2016 1:37 am

You'd probably need to rest for quite a while after at least.

Return to “Sports & Fitness”