Do you want 300 Super Nintendo Jurassic Park games*

Moderator: е и ժ е я

Heroine of the Dragon
Administrator

Do you want 300 Super Nintendo Jurassic Park games*

Post by Heroine of the Dragon » Tue May 26, 2015 6:57 pm

*fridge and bottle not included.

“Refrigerator full of Super Nintendo Jurassic Park games”. That eBay listing title says everything your heart needs to know.

I mean, it’s a refrigerator! Summer is coming up, you’re gonna need one of those if you don’t already have one! Or if you need two!

But then, it’s also full of Super Nintendo games! And not just any Super Nintendo games, 300 copies of one of the best. Jurassic Park on the SNES was a masterpiece, combining Zelda-like overworld gameplay with interior sections that switched to FPS.

As a bonus, there are also a few other Jurassic Park games being thrown in, like the Game Boy and Genesis versions.
If you’re wondering how/why any single person would own so many copies of one video game, the seller explains:

"In 2012 I had an opportunity to buy out a portion of a game store. It was there in the basement of this old store that I had the opportunity to purchase a number of Jurassic Park carts i.e. 120ish. I said, “why not, that could be fun”. I posted the haul on NintendoAge, and goodness, did things escalate quick. Soon I had 200, then 250, and now right around 300. I traded people for them, did some auctions where members bid using jurassic park games as currency, and some kind guys and gals even donated to the cause."

So why sell them now?

"There is no reason per say as to why sell them now. I have had a lot of fun with them, and this is an opportunity for me to share the fun I’ve had. It’s also an opportunity for me to possibly pass the torch so another can share the fun and maybe add to it. If any soul dares that is!"

Note that this isn’t an auction; it’s $US1500 buy it now.
http://www.kotaku.com.au/2015/05/a-frid ... fect-ebay/

I never would have considered storing my games in a fridge. O_o :D
She lives in the clouds and talks to the birds...

Happiest faerie of VGF.

Calamity Panfan
Location: if a lot of people love each other the world would be a better place to live

Post by Calamity Panfan » Tue May 26, 2015 7:23 pm

nah, call me back when it's a fridge full of GENESIS Jurassic Park games
and that's the waaaaaaaaaay the news goes

New! Tazy Ten

Post by New! Tazy Ten » Tue May 26, 2015 9:12 pm

Only one please.

I REALLY HATE POKEMON!

Post by I REALLY HATE POKEMON! » Tue May 26, 2015 10:04 pm

I ain't good at math but that's like $5 each, right? That's what it should cost for one but buying 300 in bulk should come with some kind of discount. I'd pay $300 so I could turn it for $600 but that's about it.

LOOT
Banned

Post by LOOT » Tue May 26, 2015 10:37 pm

Does it have rumble support

Can I upload my high score on Jurassic.park

е и ժ е я
Supermod
Location: Enough. My tilde has tired and shall take its leave of you.

Post by е и ժ е я » Wed May 27, 2015 1:51 am

DO I EVER
I muttered 'light as a board, stiff as a feather' for 2 days straight and now I've ascended, ;aughing at olympus and zeus is crying

Valigarmander
Supermod

Post by Valigarmander » Wed May 27, 2015 2:25 am

[QUOTE="Wu-Tang Panfan, post: 1535325, member: 29448"]nah, call me back when it's a fridge full of GENESIS Jurassic Park games[/QUOTE]
The Genesis games didn't even have first-person sections. What's wrong with you?

Calamity Panfan
Location: if a lot of people love each other the world would be a better place to live

Post by Calamity Panfan » Wed May 27, 2015 2:29 am

who cares

two words: blast. processing

hella rad

*puts on shades, skateboards off into sunset*

[MEDIA=youtube]k7nsBoqJ6s8[/MEDIA]

Valigarmander
Supermod

Post by Valigarmander » Wed May 27, 2015 2:39 am

Calamity Panfan

Post by Calamity Panfan » Wed May 27, 2015 3:02 am

val you seem to have ignored the commercial i posted

genesis does

Random User

Post by Random User » Wed May 27, 2015 6:27 am

[QUOTE="I REALLY HATE POKEMON!, post: 1535335, member: 18119"]I ain't good at math but that's like $5 each, right? That's what it should cost for one but buying 300 in bulk should come with some kind of discount. I'd pay $300 so I could turn it for $600 but that's about it.[/QUOTE]
That's not considering the boxed copies. Boxed copies tend to go for more since boxes are hard to come by.

I REALLY HATE POKEMON!

Post by I REALLY HATE POKEMON! » Wed May 27, 2015 6:29 am

^ I was just guessing how much one is worth. In box I can't even guess, to be fair.

е и ժ е я
Supermod
Location: Enough. My tilde has tired and shall take its leave of you.

Post by е и ժ е я » Wed May 27, 2015 7:55 am

[QUOTE="Valigarmander, post: 1535379, member: 30663"]Yeah, uh huh, sure.[/QUOTE]
DKC and Killer Instinct definitely disagree with '1-4 onscreen planes' - They legitemately put a max of 32 layers in afaik. The SNES also had dedicated co-processors which the Genesis completely lacked, and a better architecture purpose-built for the system - the Genesis core clock speed looks better as a number, but its cycles are running the sound, etc, which the SNES offloads to dedicated processing. The MD/Gen was running an out-dated-at-release Motorola processor. No cookie.

Oh, and no backwards compatibility? Are we certain?
http://www.amazon.com/Retro-Bit-RetroPo ... B007A57C7W

Meanwhile, on the sound front, the Genesis did have an embedded synthesizer, but that's actually a lesser matter. The Genesis was required to make use of its limited internal sound table, as in they could only use sounds built into the system, and devs were forced to offload to the (rather unpleasantly modulated synth) to pad out their compositions. The SNES supported modular sound samples on top of a midi table, and could perform on-the-fly timing changes. In SNES games, you're often hearing the same sample reused at different speeds for completely unique sounds. The MD/Gen also lacked realtime reverb/spatial effects, which the SNES absolutely possessed.

Beyond that, due to its very small possible palette, the Genesis could not do alpha color combinations while the SNES could.

I muttered 'light as a board, stiff as a feather' for 2 days straight and now I've ascended, ;aughing at olympus and zeus is crying

Booyakasha
Supermod

Post by Booyakasha » Wed May 27, 2015 5:52 pm

why in a fridge, is what i want to know

like, did snes jurassic park carts get reclassified as a food item when i wasnt looking? do they need to be kept fresh? how easily do they spoil? do they need to be rinsed before use? should i keep a meat thermometer handy whilst playing one? should i avoid playing it if i gots high cholesterol? what if i accidentally play one in a month that doesn't got a 'r' in it? so, so many questions---------so few answers
boo----------------the furious little monkey

ScottyMcGee

Post by ScottyMcGee » Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:28 pm

Oh wait I do.

I used to rent that game like 325353 times as a kid.
SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

Return to “Retro Games”