1st of all, the game runs off of AKI’s famed VPW engine, the best game engine ever made for wrestling games.
Modes of Play
Exhibition: You should know what this is. & yes, titles can be defended here.
Season: No storylines here, just straight up rasslin’. You can play for a near indefinite number of years.
Championship: This is where the storylines are. It’s basically the same as Championship Mode from WWF No Mercy.
Online: All exhibition matches can be played online.
General Manager: You take over as boss of a promotion (either Raw, Smackdown, WCW, ECW or 1 you create yourself) where you can book shows, hire & fire superstars or start selling merchandise. You “win” by putting the other promotions out of business (you can still keep playing if you want afterwards).
GM: Vince McMahon
Ref: Mike Chioda
Ring Announcer: Lilian Garcia
-New Year’s Revolution
-King of the Ring
-World Tag Team
GM: Teddy Long
Ref: Brian Hebner
Announcer: Howard Finkle
-No Way Out
-Great American Bash
-WWE Tag Team
-Scotty 2 Hotty
-Bob Orton Jr.
GM: Eric Bishoff
Ref: Nick Patrick
Ring Announcer: Gene Oakland
-Bobby Heeman (Maybe)
-Bash at the Beach
-World War 3
-WCW Tag Team
-Sean O’ Haire
-Diamond Dallas Page
GM: Paul Heyman
Ref: Bill Alfonzo
-ECW Wrestling (Friday)
-November to Remember
-Guilty as Charged
-ECW Tag Team
-Bubba Ray Dudley
-Rob Vam Dam
Cross-promotion PPVs (a chance to show the that your product is better than that of a promotion your not in a ratings war with):
-Great American Bash (Smackdown & WCW)
-Invasion (WCW & ECW)
-Wrestlemania (Raw & Smackdown)
-One Night Stand (Raw & ECW)
Free agents (replacing the concept of legends):
-Andre the Giant
The culmination of CAW, CAPPV, CAB & any other creation features to have shown up in wrestling games. The list of things you can do:
1. Name your Promotion
2. Name your weekly show (You start off with just 1. A second show will cost you a great deal of money)
3. What day of the week your show is on (This can be changed at any time while you play. Putting the show on the same night as a rival Promotion’s show will put you in a “ratings war”)
4. Create PPVs.
5. Create belts (will cost you for each one. If you’re a real cheapskate you could go without any belts but their needed to help you gain popularity)
6. Using the paint tool to create logos for your promotion & shows
7. Create an Arena. Decide rope colors, stage props, etc..
8. Hiring the Promotion’s default superstars (CAWs are cheaper, but established superstars on the other shows bring in better ratings ticket sales)
Create-A-Superstar (inexplicably called CAW for short) features
1. All clothing options ever featured in past games are here plus lots of new ones.
2. Paint tool for creating logos/textures.
3. Create-A-Entrance complete with the option to import music & video from a memory stick as well as a Create-A-Titantron.
4. You can create as many wrestlers as you can fit on a memory card/hard drive.
5. Stable/Tag Team creation is in as always.
6. Attire options include Match, Entrance, Cut scene & B&P (So female CAWs can actually be in Bra & Panties matches)
7. Use the Eye Toy or similar device to photograph your face on a CAW.
-5-8 Man battle royale
-6 man tag
-8 man tag
Each of these basic matches will have most of the following variations:
-Bra & Panties
-Hell in a Cell
-3 Stages of Hell
-_____ on a Pole match (Why? Why Not?)
-Last Man Standing
Special matches include:
-World War 3 (No, I don’t know how this will be pulled off yet)
1. All exhibition matches available.
2. You can play unranked matches if you don’t want to worry about your online rankings
3. Up to 8 players with way too much free time on their hands can compete in an online GM mode game.
4. Fully supports voice chat.
Ways to make money outside of GM mode
1. Win matches in Season.
2. Complete Championship paths.
3. Eliminate people in Slobber Knocker.
4. Win official online tournaments.
2 posts • Page 1 of 1