If you previously registered on VGF XenForo boards, you will need to use the forgot password feature in order to be able to post here. If you do not receive a password reset by e-mail, use the contact page or post in registration/login help.

MCU Megathread

Moderators: Apollo the Just, Bomby

CaptHayfever
Supermod

Re: MCU Megathread

Post by CaptHayfever » Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:18 pm

^The Captain Marvel film is going to be set in the 90s, & she's gonna be fighting Skrulls. Thanos likely will not have even begun his quest for the Infinity Stones yet.
At this point, we're not even sure what Avengers 4 is gonna be. The popular interpretation is that it's still gonna be "Infinity War pt 2" as originally intended, but that's not guaranteed.

Check out these cool new Black Panther character posters! (Ignore the annoying commentary, though.)

Let's get this idiocy over with....here's the finale of Inhumans:
Spoiler.
Attilan is destroyed, its population relocated to somewhere on Earth that has been kept secret from the audience for no discernable reason.
Maximus is trapped in a bunker with enough food & water to keep his crazy self alive as long as his body can hold.
Medusa did something nice for somebody who wasn't herself or a direct relation for once.
Zombie Gorgon stops zombie-ing, just a few seconds too late for Declan to make it through the series alive.
Karnak is racked with guilt for zombifying Gorgon.
Bolt shows absolutely no character development whatsoever but actually manages to look sympathetic in the process, suggesting that if anybody had ever once come to him with a valid complaint about the caste system, he probably would've ended it long ago.
Crystal finally stabilizes her accent just in time for the series to end.
There's a little bit of a hook for another season, but screw that.

Ironically, this was by far the best episode of the series! Just like how it took them 4 weeks after the IMAX premiere to make a halfway-decent trailer, it took them until the FINALE to make a halfway-decent show.

At the halfway point & the end credits, there were teasers for season 5 of SHIELD; now that looks good.

And remember, "I'm-a Luigi, number one!"

CaptHayfever
Supermod

Post by CaptHayfever » Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:31 am

Here's a cool batch of character posters for Runaways: Alex, Nico, Karolina, & Gert, Chase, Molly.
I also just found out that Hulu's gonna release just the first 3 episodes on November 21st, with the rest coming out weekly after that, so the whole season will be up by early-January.

Contrast The Punisher, which will have its whole season out this Friday on Netflix!
And season 5 of Agents of SHIELD starts December 1st on ABC!

Also, I'm adding a totally-subjective quality tier ranking list to the OP.

Deku Tree

Post by Deku Tree » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:16 pm

The other day I was watching Thor Ragnarok and said to my wife, "I really like Jeff Goldbloom. ...I hope he never raped anyone."

CaptHayfever
Supermod

Post by CaptHayfever » Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:33 pm

Punisher is really good.
Timeline is updated; all the chronological water-treading the movies are doing is giving Netflix time to catch up.

I might need to hold off on watching Runaways until the new year so I can see it all within a free trial of Hulu. Does anybody know how long Hulu leaves up episodes of its original shows?

Return to “Movies, Television, and Animation”