Questions about making remixes of video game music.

Moderator: Calamity Panfan

BladeMan.EXE

Questions about making remixes of video game music.

Post by BladeMan.EXE » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:23 pm

Is there any free software like this I can use?

[MEDIA=youtube]9lUNjuYG_Qs[/MEDIA]

Just... Samples already included, lets you put together a song the same way you would edit a video.

And I'm approaching this the same way I approached animation ("How hard can it be?") so an idea of what goes into a job like this would help.
"A sword wields no strength unless the hand that holds it has courage." Ancient Hero, LoZ:TP
Christian and unashamed!

BladeMan.EXE

Post by BladeMan.EXE » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:36 pm

And what are the odds that after posting this topic, Papa would explain that I could just use midi files in audacity.
"A sword wields no strength unless the hand that holds it has courage." Ancient Hero, LoZ:TP
Christian and unashamed!

DarkZero
Supporter

Post by DarkZero » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:42 pm

most music software comes with at least a few samples, but it's generally pretty scare (especially the free stuff).

also, any particular kind of remix you wanna make? because there's electronic, orchestral, midi-sequenced, chiptune, etc., and different programs are built for different types of music production.
Join the VGF Discord server! https://discord.gg/pbSDTAZ

BladeMan.EXE

Post by BladeMan.EXE » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:49 pm

[QUOTE="DarkZero, post: 1641039, member: 34654"]most music software comes with at least a few samples, but it's generally pretty scare (especially the free stuff).

also, any particular kind of remix you wanna make? because there's electronic, orchestral, midi-sequenced, chiptune, etc., and different programs are built for different types of music production.[/QUOTE]
Don't know yet. Plan on using it in animations, so it will depend on what kind of scene I'm going for.
Christian and unashamed!

DarkZero
Supporter

Post by DarkZero » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:51 pm

well the video you linked uses fl studio; if you want a freeware equivalent to that, i recommend looking into LMMS. it's designed to be pretty similar, with the piano roll and whatnot.

Bomby

Post by Bomby » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:17 pm

Honestly, if you have the cash, buy FL Studio. You won't regret it. I know at lest a decade ago it was associated with amateurs making **** music, but really the end product is more important than the tools.

Random User

Post by Random User » Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:04 pm

You could alternatively use FL Studio's demo and record what you make with another program. Only downside is that you have to never close FL Studio until you finish the song.

DarkZero
Supporter

Post by DarkZero » Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:09 pm

^but some plugins use periodical silence so you gotta be wary of that

BladeMan.EXE

Post by BladeMan.EXE » Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:39 am

Planning to try out LMMS... as soon as I can get the download to go all the way through.

Like I said before, sometimes my internet can have less patience than me.
Christian and unashamed!

е и ժ е я
Supermod
Location: Enough. My tilde has tired and shall take its leave of you.

Post by е и ժ е я » Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:06 pm

Reaper is free to use, in terms of function. It is a full, open DAW with numerous FX plugins. Load free VSTi into it and you're set. It's also remarkably stable with high-end functions like bridging 32-bit plugins in a 64-bit environment, and vice versa. In many ways it out-performs other paid DAWs and otherwise matches them for functionality.
I muttered 'light as a board, stiff as a feather' for 2 days straight and now I've ascended, ;aughing at olympus and zeus is crying

Return to “Music and Podcasts”