Moderators: I am nobody, Deku Tree
I am nobody
- Posts: 12862
- Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:26 pm
- Location: -89.97814998,-42.2333493
- Has thanked: 1 time
- Been thanked: 56 times
The uninteresting one that's being widely reported is that he claimed he was accepted to West Point, but now admits he never applied.
The interesting bit is, as someone else put it:
"Ben Carson defends himself against allegations that he never attempted to murder a child," reads
the headline on a New York magazine article.
which is referring to this:
Here, however, Mr Carson is asserting that recollections from childhood acquaintances that he was bookish and shy are mistaken. Instead he's testified to the veracity of examples of misbehaviour that he cites as evidence of his childhood temper, including that:
- He tried to stab a "close relative" in the stomach and was unsuccessful only because his knife was blocked by a large belt buckle
- His brother forcefully restrained him when he attacked his mother with a hammer during an argument over clothing
- He punched a school classmate in the forehead, leaving the child bleeding profusely from a three-inch cut
- He threw a rock at a boy's face, breaking his glasses and lacerating his nose
Apparently Jim Webb is not alone in running on a platform of death to his enemies.
- Posts: 22939
- Joined: Mon May 28, 2001 1:00 am
- Location: full time jail
I thought Carson was an absolute ******* but he's now turning into this incredible trainwreck and I'm loving every single moment of it.
New! Tazy Ten
- Posts: 29227
- Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2000 1:00 am
- Location: Not the Thunder Temple.
- Has thanked: 11 times
- Been thanked: 55 times
Still a better candidate than Donald Trump.
And Bobby Jindal.
The Missing Link
- Posts: 21402
- Joined: Thu Dec 21, 2000 2:00 am
- Location: New Hyrule, VIC, Australia
The story re: West Point at this point almost sounds like misinterpretation. Whether it's innocent or willful misinterpretation, I don't know, but it's at least a case of X saying that he said something that he didn't say.
As far as Carson claiming to be a disturbed youth, well... that's utterly fascinating. I suppose it's kind of an interesting (and fresh? I don't know) take to see a Presidential candidate embrace his past, colours and all. Whether or not it's true is something I don't care. I personally don't think that what happens to you at the age of 16 has any bearing about whether you ought to be President or not.
Carpe Pullum Domesticum! (Seize the Cucco!)
- Posts: 5361
- Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2006 10:28 pm
- Location: New Jersey
- Has thanked: 88 times
- Been thanked: 88 times
Maybe we should just let Carson loose on ISIS.
SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT