If you previously registered on VGF XenForo boards, you will need to use the forgot password feature in order to be able to post here. If you do not receive a password reset by e-mail, use the contact page or post in registration/login help.

What up, VGF?

Welcoming new members, and farewelling those who have to leave our presence.

Moderator: Saria Dragon of the Rain Wilds

Dan Saf

What up, VGF?

Post by Dan Saf » Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:13 am

Greetings! I've been discussing games on the internet for over a decade now, and upon stumbling onto this site I thought... well, why not see what this community's all about? My name is Saf, and you might recognize me from the Donkey Kong Extended Universe fansite, dkvine . Ahh... hopefully the site's reputation hasn't proceeded me. We were definitely known for a lot of negativity back in the day, but with the return of Donkey Kong Country and the exciting news out of Rare and nu-Rare Playtonic, we've managed to reform ourselves into quite a decent little community. Anyway, obviously, my interests

е и ժ е я
Supermod
Location: Enough. My tilde has tired and shall take its leave of you.

Post by е и ժ е я » Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:31 am

Removed your link, self-promotion in introduction posts isn't permitted as such. Welcome to the forums, though. Anyway, obviously, your interests?
I muttered 'light as a board, stiff as a feather' for 2 days straight and now I've ascended, ;aughing at olympus and zeus is crying

Dan Saf

Post by Dan Saf » Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:35 am

Hahah, I guess I got distracted! Sorry for breaking forum decorum, didn't mean to do so. But yeah, my interests lie mostly with Nintendo and Rare, but I try to keep abreast of the goings-on throughout the gaming sphere. Got a stack of 360 games I'm plowing through to catch up on my recent history, and despite being an old-timer suspicions of newfangled trends, I've started to check out some mobile titles. I know, get with the times, right? And as part of spreading my wings a bit more and trying new things, I thought... why not try a new forum? You guys seem pretty chill. Hope we can all have some great times in the future!

Random User

Post by Random User » Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:37 am

Welcome to here. Just about everyone here is cool, so your intuition has guided you to the correct place.

е и ժ е я
Supermod
Location: Enough. My tilde has tired and shall take its leave of you.

Post by е и ժ е я » Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:53 am

Mobile games tend to be very shallow or ports/clones with awful controls, but I suppose the market may some day produce something with noting. Then again, I'm ancient in the world of gaming so what do I know.
I muttered 'light as a board, stiff as a feather' for 2 days straight and now I've ascended, ;aughing at olympus and zeus is crying

The Amazing Tazy Ten

Post by The Amazing Tazy Ten » Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:07 am

Welcome to our forum, Dan. I hope you enjoy your time here.

Marilink
Supermod

Post by Marilink » Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:05 am

Hey Dan! Nice to see a new face here. Stick around and participate in whatever discussions you like! And maybe even some you don't like!
Carthago delendum est

DarkZero
Supporter

Post by DarkZero » Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:25 pm

Hey, Dan. I've been a fan of Nintendo for all my life, and although I had Rare games growing up, I didn't grow to truly love them until earlier this year after playing Banjo-Kazooie.

If you want to partake in general discussion, check out the WoT thread sometime (it's in the Miscellaneous forum; we're up to 326 now). The idea is that you're supposed to get the top post of a page (every page has 20 posts) but it's an artifact mechanic and a formality at best at this point.
Join the VGF Discord server! https://discord.gg/pbSDTAZ

Valigarmander
Supermod

Post by Valigarmander » Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:52 pm

Welcome to VGF. You're in good company, this place is 90% Nintendo and Rare fans.

Heroine of the Dragon
Administrator

Post by Heroine of the Dragon » Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:22 pm

Hello and welcome to our special blend of madness... *gives you marshmallows* Tis very nice to meet you and I expect to be celebrating your decade with us in... well, 10 years. :p I look forward to all your posts in these coming years!! ;) :D
She lives in the clouds and talks to the birds...

Happiest faerie of VGF.

Scarecrow

Post by Scarecrow » Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:35 pm

Hey man welcome to the forums.

CaptHayfever
Supermod

Post by CaptHayfever » Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:38 am

Sup, man?

And remember, "I'm-a Luigi, number one!"

Booyakasha
Supermod

Post by Booyakasha » Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:52 am

Generally not a big fan of mobile gaming (I don't have a smartphone-----------got a dumb phone, because I'm dumb). Must admit I quite like that Steven Universe 'Attack the Light!' game, though. It's really nice.

Not really a Nintendo guy. Not really a platform guy in general, to be honest. There exist developers that I will champion to my dying breath, though, and Rare is one of them (Koei, Nippon Ichi, Cave, SNK and LucasArts being some of the others).
boo------------------------------mister nonexistent

Return to “Introductions and Goodbyes”