How are you all doing?

Welcoming new members, and farewelling those who have to leave our presence.

Moderator: Saria Dragon of the Rain Wilds

Membou

How are you all doing?

Post by Membou » Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:12 am

I believe this is now my 2nd or 3rd attempt to return as an active member, so I hope everyone's been doing well. Each time I think I've set my expectations too high and never consistently came back to join in conversations. It's kinda crazy to see that while these forums have certainly evolved over the years, so many things have remained the same (in regards to several mainstay members and moderators). Rambling aside, it feels kind of like coming home and revisiting my youth (now I just sound like I'm an old man, haha). If I remember right, my old username was smashbrother_64, but I couldn't say for sure if there was some kind of variation on that.

Anyways for introduction's sake as far as a "get to know me" post, my interests include video game music, story-driven games such as Telltale's recent games or smaller indie games like To The Moon, Japanese RPGs both modern and classic, learning and speaking Japanese, and game design, among other things. Some of my recent favorite games have been Xenoblade Chronicles X, Undertale (yeah, I'm sure many of you have heard more than enough about that one, lol), and Metal Gear Solid 5. Looking forward to playing Mario and Luigi: Paper Jam and Final Fantasy Explorers next week.

Of course, there are a lot of other topics that interest me, but I don't want to bog people down with too long an introduction [/too late].

TL;DR version: I am someone who used to visit here a lot as a kid, and have been looking for an outlet to have video game and other geeky conversations with. Pleasure to meet ya, or good to see you again for anyone who might have a vague recollection of seeing me here in the past.

The Amazing Tazy Ten

Post by The Amazing Tazy Ten » Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:17 am

Welcome! We hope to see you a lot more often.

CaptHayfever
Supermod

Post by CaptHayfever » Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:24 am

Ahoy! Welcome back! Again!
To answer your question, I'm doing okay. :)

And remember, "I'm-a Luigi, number one!"

Membou

Post by Membou » Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:38 am

Sounds good, Cap! And thanks to both of you!

Heroine of the Dragon
Administrator

Post by Heroine of the Dragon » Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:52 am

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY welcome back!!! Ahhh I remember that other pdn... and I hope I gave you marshmallows on one of those other returns to VGF!!! :p Anyways, I'm very happy to see you return and hope your mission out in the real world was an astounding success!! *gives you marshmallows* ;)

I'm doing great, thanks!! I also just started M&L: Paper Jam Bros and am enjoying it heaps!! Have fun with playing it!! :D
She lives in the clouds and talks to the birds...

Happiest faerie of VGF.

DarkZero
Supporter

Post by DarkZero » Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:56 am

I think I vaguely remember you. Welcome back to VGF!
Join the VGF Discord server! https://discord.gg/pbSDTAZ

Scarecrow

Post by Scarecrow » Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:06 am

Welcome back brah!

I'm fantastic! Thanks :)

Random User

Post by Random User » Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:39 am

Heya, welcome back to the forums!

Membou

Post by Membou » Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:27 pm

I'm sure I still have the marshmallows from previous vis--... those probably are stale. Thanks for the new batch, HotD! You must be in another region to be playing Paper Jam already... [/jealous] Glad to hear it, though! Thanks again everyone for the welcome messages!

Edit: I could be missing something, but how would you go about changing your avatar image? Is it a premium feature or anything like that? I haven't been able to find any information in my profile page.

The Amazing Tazy Ten

Post by The Amazing Tazy Ten » Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:49 pm

You need more posts. There's also a time restriction, but your account is old enough that it's not an issue.

Membou

Post by Membou » Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:59 pm

I see, thanks! If only there were a grayed out option that mentioned post requirement, haha.

Heroine of the Dragon
Administrator

Post by Heroine of the Dragon » Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:02 pm

[QUOTE="Membou, post: 1582350, member: 36081"]I'm sure I still have the marshmallows from previous vis--... those probably are stale. Thanks for the new batch, HotD! You must be in another region to be playing Paper Jam already... [/jealous] Glad to hear it, though! Thanks again everyone for the welcome messages!

Edit: I could be missing something, but how would you go about changing your avatar image? Is it a premium feature or anything like that? I haven't been able to find any information in my profile page.[/QUOTE]

You are supposed to consume them in a timely manner. :p You're welcome to marshmallows any time. ;)

Yes, I live in the future in the southern hemisphere... it's currently raining and awesome here. ;) Unfortunately, summer is angry and likely to be back soon... oh well, I intend to dance and sing in the rain whilst we have it!!

See PM. :D
She lives in the clouds and talks to the birds...

Happiest faerie of VGF.

MembouKun

Post by MembouKun » Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:05 pm

Got it, and just so everyone knows, got the old account back up (thanks to HotD), and got the name change to avoid confusion. See you all around the forums!

Saria Dragon of the Rain Wilds
Administrator

Post by Saria Dragon of the Rain Wilds » Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:25 pm

Welcome back, man! *confetti*
Nonsense, I have not yet begun to defile myself.

The Eddie Stilson

Post by The Eddie Stilson » Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:02 pm

Good to see you.

Return to “Introductions and Goodbyes”