Woah Hi.

Welcoming new members, and farewelling those who have to leave our presence.

Moderator: Saria Dragon of the Rain Wilds

QueenRii

Woah Hi.

Post by QueenRii » Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:04 pm

Hey, what's up.
I'm Rizzie, or Rii - I joined because my boyfriend, [USER=35827]@Random User[/USER] suggested to me that I should, and since the forum is active enough, I did. I've tried to find forums to talk to people on for awhile, but they always end up inactive which is a bummer.

Since this is a video game forum I guess it would be cool for me to talk about the kinds I like. Well, my favorite game series is probably Dangan Ronpa - But I can get quickly attached to any games in the horror genre as well. Favorite game character is tied between Daisy and Samus. I guess my favorite genre of games would be torn between strategy, investigation, and horror.

As for personal stuff, I love science! Specifically forensics, psychology (criminal mainly), and biology.

That's really all there is. Also, it was mentioned to me that to change my icon I would have to ask and attach an image, so how about this one? - :D :D :D

Valigarmander
Supermod

Post by Valigarmander » Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:23 pm

[QUOTE="QueenRii, post: 1590934, member: 40249"]Favorite game character is tied between Daisy and Samus.[/QUOTE]
I think you and I are going to get along juuuuust fine.

QueenRii

Post by QueenRii » Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:25 pm

[QUOTE="Valigarmander, post: 1590937, member: 30663"]I think you and I are going to get along juuuuust fine.[/QUOTE]
Judging by your icon I would say you are probably correct.

DarkZero
Supporter

Post by DarkZero » Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:47 pm

Hi! Welcome to VGF, where you can't leave. Enjoy your stay!
Join the VGF Discord server! https://discord.gg/pbSDTAZ

New! Tazy Ten

Post by New! Tazy Ten » Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:01 pm

Welcome to VGF!

Never be afraid to share your opinions here be they wrong or right.

Even a Betwixt Opinion is okay. Because opinions are mostly subjective.

Random User

Post by Random User » Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:50 pm

Hey, welcome to VGF finally! I hope you enjoy posting here as much as I have.

CaptHayfever
Supermod

Post by CaptHayfever » Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:57 pm

Welcome aboard the USS HomestarRunnner.com WWW VGF.com!

And remember, "I'm-a Luigi, number one!"

I REALLY HATE POKEMON!

Post by I REALLY HATE POKEMON! » Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:31 pm

Welcome. Danganronpa is a great series. I bet you're looking forward to the third one as much as I am. Which is your favorite so far?

Sonic 5

Post by Sonic 5 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:58 pm

Hello and welcome! I look forward to seeing you around these parts.

QueenRii

Post by QueenRii » Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:40 pm

Hey thanks for all the warm welcomes! I really appreciate them! I look forward to talking to you all some more, too.

[QUOTE="I REALLY HATE POKEMON!, post: 1590964, member: 18119"]Welcome. Danganronpa is a great series. I bet you're looking forward to the third one as much as I am. Which is your favorite so far?[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I'm super excited for the third game! I'd have to say right now my favorite is the second game! Story was really interesting and kept me intrigued, the ending surprised the hell out of me too. (plus Chiaki is in that one and she's my darling, so.)

Heroine of the Dragon
Administrator

Post by Heroine of the Dragon » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:20 am

Hello and welcome to our special blend of madness... *gives you marshmallows*

I work in grinnie currency for avatars... (in case it wasn't obvious or you weren't aware).

I hope you enjoy the many forums we have... and I look forward to seeing you in Misc every day!! >.> :D
She lives in the clouds and talks to the birds...

Happiest faerie of VGF.

I REALLY HATE POKEMON!

Post by I REALLY HATE POKEMON! » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:56 am

[QUOTE="QueenRii, post: 1590990, member: 40249"]Yeah, I'm super excited for the third game! I'd have to say right now my favorite is the second game! Story was really interesting and kept me intrigued, the ending surprised the hell out of me too. (plus Chiaki is in that one and she's my darling, so.)[/QUOTE]

Cool, the second game is really good, I enjoyed it almost as much as the first. The claustrophobic environments of the original really fit the concept well, IMO, so that one's my favorite. I do think the sequel had a better twist, though.

ScottyMcGee

Post by ScottyMcGee » Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:25 pm

WELCOME! Bienvenido! Please keep your hands and feet inside the vehicle at all times! Enjoy your ride!
SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

I am nobody

Post by I am nobody » Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:12 pm

QueenRii, post: 1590934, member: 40249 wrote: Well, my favorite game series is probably Dangan Ronpa
QueenRii, post: 1590990, member: 40249 wrote: I'd have to say right now my favorite is the second game! Story was really interesting and kept me intrigued, the ending surprised the hell out of me too.
(plus Chiaki is in that one and she's my darling, so.)
I think we have a new best member right here.

QueenRii

Post by QueenRii » Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:42 pm

[QUOTE="I am nobody, post: 1591198, member: 34539"]I think we have a new best member right here.[/QUOTE]
You're going to make me blush.[DOUBLEPOST=1459734120,1459733930][/DOUBLEPOST][QUOTE="I REALLY HATE POKEMON!, post: 1591017, member: 18119"]Cool, the second game is really good, I enjoyed it almost as much as the first. The claustrophobic environments of the original really fit the concept well, IMO, so that one's my favorite. I do think the sequel had a better twist, though.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, the first game really did do a wonderful job with making you feel trapped, I really appreciate how well done that aspect was. It doesn't really seem like a big thing, but in my opinion it really added to the fluidity and feel of the game.

I am nobody

Post by I am nobody » Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:43 pm

Haven't had a chance to talk about it before, so:
[spoiler="For both games"]
They're both really good, but I think the second one is leagues ahead in terms of writing:

The first one was too afraid to have sympathetic killers and too predictable about who was and wasn't plot-armored. With a not-really exception for Leon's quasi-self defense, all the killers are just evil or suicidal. It's good that the strongest characters are still alive at the end, but the fact that Kyoko, Byakuya, and Toko just clearly aren't going to die takes away from the suspense. Compare that to the sequel, where most of the murders have non-selfish motives, two are effectively suicides for a greater cause, and the writer killed off his own favorite and the two main supports. Fake Byakuya gets killed off immediately to show you that standard plot armor rules don't apply.

The characters are also just generally stronger, IMO. Nagito and Chiaki are the clear fill-ins for Byakuya and Kyoko, but they're also flawed where those characters were basically detective-gods. Hajime feels like he's actually contributing to the trials instead of just being hinted along. Support-wise, most of the characters have real depth beyond their archetypes, and Fuyohiko and Gundham in particular are extremely well done.

If you've played VLR (I know IRHP has, so this'll make sense to at least one person), I had a really hard time seeing Kyoko as anything other than Phi with less character. That probably didn't help.
[/spoiler]

But yeah, they're both fantastic. Even with all those criticisms, the first game absolutely nailed the themes and art direction, and those are industry highpoints to me.

Good thing there definitely aren't any weird 3rd person shooter spinoffs that don't fit the series at all.

Marilink
Supermod

Post by Marilink » Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:01 am

I'm a little late here, but welcome to VGF! Always nice to see members bringing in other members. We hope you stick around.
Carthago delendum est

LOOT
Banned

Post by LOOT » Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:59 pm

I heard the words "Dangan Ronpa" and a chill went down my spine, that game haunts me from when it was being translated on SA even though I stayed far away from the Let's Play subforum

QueenRii

Post by QueenRii » Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:59 am

[QUOTE="I am nobody, post: 1591593, member: 34539"]Haven't had a chance to talk about it before, so:
[spoiler="For both games"]
They're both really good, but I think the second one is leagues ahead in terms of writing:

The first one was too afraid to have sympathetic killers and too predictable about who was and wasn't plot-armored. With a not-really exception for Leon's quasi-self defense, all the killers are just evil or suicidal. It's good that the strongest characters are still alive at the end, but the fact that Kyoko, Byakuya, and Toko just clearly aren't going to die takes away from the suspense. Compare that to the sequel, where most of the murders have non-selfish motives, two are effectively suicides for a greater cause, and the writer killed off his own favorite and the two main supports. Fake Byakuya gets killed off immediately to show you that standard plot armor rules don't apply.

The characters are also just generally stronger, IMO. Nagito and Chiaki are the clear fill-ins for Byakuya and Kyoko, but they're also flawed where those characters were basically detective-gods. Hajime feels like he's actually contributing to the trials instead of just being hinted along. Support-wise, most of the characters have real depth beyond their archetypes, and Fuyohiko and Gundham in particular are extremely well done.

If you've played VLR (I know IRHP has, so this'll make sense to at least one person), I had a really hard time seeing Kyoko as anything other than Phi with less character. That probably didn't help.
[/spoiler]

But yeah, they're both fantastic. Even with all those criticisms, the first game absolutely nailed the themes and art direction, and those are industry highpoints to me.

Good thing there definitely aren't any weird 3rd person shooter spinoffs that don't fit the series at all.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I have to agree with you. The second game really did do a better job on writing and story, I've always seen it that way. Its always nice to see a series progress and get better with every new game. I never thought about the stance on the killers traits but now that you mention it that is true.

LOL. Yeah, Despair Girls was really different in terms of how the series usually was - but I think it was interesting to see something somewhat new mixed in with parts from the old games.[DOUBLEPOST=1460293160,1460293112][/DOUBLEPOST][QUOTE="LOOT, post: 1591816, member: 21459"]I heard the words "Dangan Ronpa" and a chill went down my spine, that game haunts me from when it was being translated on SA even though I stayed far away from the Let's Play subforum[/QUOTE]

Lol, I don't blame you. Was it the fan base?

Saria Dragon of the Rain Wilds
Administrator

Post by Saria Dragon of the Rain Wilds » Sun Apr 10, 2016 9:51 am

:highfive: Welcome!
Nonsense, I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Return to “Introductions and Goodbyes”