If you previously registered on VGF XenForo boards, you will need to use the forgot password feature in order to be able to post here. If you do not receive a password reset by e-mail, use the contact page or post in registration/login help.

Super Mario Odyssey

Moderator: Valigarmander

X-3

Re: Super Mario Odyssey

Post by X-3 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:39 pm

This game is pretty great. However, at 600 moons, I'm feeling pretty unenthused about the post-game as a whole thus far. Objectives get too samey across Kingdoms and the incentive for progression is handed to you all too easily. Maybe things will change but I definitely preferred the game before the credits, which hasn't been a thing since Galaxy or NSMBWii I guess.

boy am I greedy

е и ժ е я
Supermod
Location: Enough. My tilde has tired and shall take its leave of you.

Post by е и ժ е я » Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:34 am

SD and I got the game to celebrate our anniversary, so far I am at the Forest kingdom, having near maxed out the Desert. This is, like Breath of the Wild, very nearly what I expected and desired from a 3D Mario game and to have it finally appear on the Switch is fantastic. It is very good to see Nintendo gaining new life and re-evaluating their core direction for these series once more.
I muttered 'light as a board, stiff as a feather' for 2 days straight and now I've ascended, ;aughing at olympus and zeus is crying

X-3

Post by X-3 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:52 pm

SGDQ 2018 Bonus Incentive: 100 Jumprope Race
Spoiler.
HEY

Marilink
Supermod

Post by Marilink » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:48 am

I'm around 750 moons or so. Almost completed with the Luncheon Kingdom. Only have Bowser's Castle, Moon, and the <Spoiler> Kingdom left--already did all of the Dark Side.

I'll be sad when it's done.

to X-3's point about the repeated objectives, I actually don't mind. The only moons I really don't like are the traveling birds, because they just take forever. But I love doing the Koopa races, I enjoy the Goomba Towers of Love...no repeating objective aside from the birds has really felt tedious to me.

X-3

Post by X-3 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:31 am

I managed to acquire every unique Moon and costume. Now to grind to 999 Moons (I don't know if doing that does anything, but) and do THAT and then... it ends. (edit: I did it)

The repeated objectives that vary from Kingdom to Kingdom like the races are great. Stuff like catching birds and rabbits and talking to a recurring NPC out in the open, not so much. Post game wasn't that bad overall though.

Tips for Jump-Rope:
Spoiler.
Until you reach 50, you want to jump right after the NPC says "hey" or "eh". After that, you want to tap the jump button right as they say it.
You'll have to get into the rhythm so it'll take a lot of tries. You'll want Mario to do the smallest hop possible which can be tricky to pull off 50 times in a row consistently. One option is to drive the moped into the area for a heavier jump.
Tips for Volleyball:
Spoiler.
This one has a pretty good cheese method. If you activate 2P mode, you can move Mario off the field right away and leave things to a fully-controllable Cappy, who is much faster and can handle the faster rebounds. You also have a very small window if the ball lands on the field to save it which helps. I recommend staying close to the net so you can react quickly if the snail spikes the ball.

е и ժ е я
Supermod
Location: Enough. My tilde has tired and shall take its leave of you.

Post by е и ժ е я » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:20 am

So about that Ruined Kingdom. Holy hell, this game is so perfect.
I muttered 'light as a board, stiff as a feather' for 2 days straight and now I've ascended, ;aughing at olympus and zeus is crying

Return to “Super Luigi Bros.: It's-a Luigi Time!”