Hot towels... (A mystery adventure)

Where forum games are played.

Moderator: Heroine of the Dragon

User avatar
Thanous
Posts: 4006
Joined: Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:22 pm
Location: pluto
Contact:

Hot towels... (A mystery adventure)

#1

Post by Thanous » Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:20 pm

Or a hot cuppa tea?

Heres how this game works:
-Pick an item
-Once an item is picked it will be added to the groups inventory, and a new item choice will be put up
-The items you pick will effect the story, which will be revealed as more items are picked.
-As the game goes the mystery unfolds and the choices become more extreme
Image

User avatar
Saria Dragon of the Rain Wilds
Administrator
Posts: 33898
Joined: Sat Jul 15, 2000 1:00 am
Location: Forteresse de Valois
Has thanked: 1 time

#2

Post by Saria Dragon of the Rain Wilds » Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:54 pm

What is the intent of this thread? Is it a hosted party-style game, interactive social game, or role playing scenario?

Or are you bringing back the "This or That" thread?

Since my question is pretty rhetorical (there are no rules posted, no description, so the logical assumption is it's an unexplained This or That), I'll be moving this out of the Social Games and Role Playing forum. :thumbsup:
Nonsense, I have not yet begun to defile myself.

User avatar
Thanous
Posts: 4006
Joined: Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:22 pm
Location: pluto
Contact:

#3

Post by Thanous » Sat Nov 15, 2014 12:11 am

[QUOTE="Saria Dragon of the Rain Wilds, post: 1498656, member: 17429"]What is the intent of this thread? Is it a hosted party-style game, interactive social game, or role playing scenario?

Or are you bringing back the "This or That" thread?

Since my question is pretty rhetorical (there are no rules posted, no description, so the logical assumption is it's an unexplained This or That), I'll be moving this out of the Social Games and Role Playing forum. :thumbsup: [/QUOTE]
If people decide to play along it will become an interactive mystery game that unfolds as It goes on, it is intended as a forum game, there are no rules bc it shall be learned as he game goes on
Image

User avatar
Saria Dragon of the Rain Wilds
Administrator
Posts: 33898
Joined: Sat Jul 15, 2000 1:00 am
Location: Forteresse de Valois
Has thanked: 1 time

#4

Post by Saria Dragon of the Rain Wilds » Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:37 am

That's not the way you engage potential players. If no one knows what you're doing, they can't play with you. You have to give SOME outline or context for your thread.

When you've edited the first post to reflect this (by writing an explanation for your "game" idea), I will clean the thread up and move it back.
Nonsense, I have not yet begun to defile myself.

User avatar
Thanous
Posts: 4006
Joined: Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:22 pm
Location: pluto
Contact:

#5

Post by Thanous » Sat Nov 15, 2014 1:12 pm

[QUOTE="Saria Dragon of the Rain Wilds, post: 1498718, member: 17429"]That's not the way you engage potential players. If no one knows what you're doing, they can't play with you. You have to give SOME outline or context for your thread.

When you've edited the first post to reflect this (by writing an explanation for your "game" idea), I will clean the thread up and move it back.[/QUOTE]
done :kirby:
Image

User avatar
Thanous
Posts: 4006
Joined: Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:22 pm
Location: pluto
Contact:

#6

Post by Thanous » Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:03 am

Any takers?
Image

User avatar
smol Kat
Posts: 8999
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:22 pm
Location: Now THAT's a katana!
Has thanked: 34 times
Been thanked: 15 times

#7

Post by smol Kat » Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:40 am

I mean I'll take a towel I guess?

(I've never played this game actually...)
Do you know how much you mean to me
Why must you leave~?

User avatar
Thanous
Posts: 4006
Joined: Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:22 pm
Location: pluto
Contact:

#8

Post by Thanous » Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:50 am

[QUOTE="nyankat, post: 1498940, member: 37303"]I mean I'll take a towel I guess?

(I've never played this game actually...)[/QUOTE]
I made up this game actually :D
(Well something similar may have been done in the past, but I haven't seen anything like what I have planned)

Inventory:
Hot towels

Image

Rocks or candles?
Image

User avatar
smol Kat
Posts: 8999
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:22 pm
Location: Now THAT's a katana!
Has thanked: 34 times
Been thanked: 15 times

#9

Post by smol Kat » Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:59 pm

Oh for real? That's neat!

Guh. Well, what I REALLY wanna take is that fake waterfall wall hanging...but I guess I'll go with candles, so I can play with fire.
Do you know how much you mean to me
Why must you leave~?

User avatar
Thanous
Posts: 4006
Joined: Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:22 pm
Location: pluto
Contact:

#10

Post by Thanous » Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:34 pm

Inventory:
Hot towels
Candles

Image

Are you...
Male?
Female?
Image

User avatar
е и ժ е я
Supermod
Posts: 41083
Joined: Sun Aug 18, 2002 1:00 am
Location: Enough. My tilde has tired and shall take its leave of you.
Has thanked: 22 times
Been thanked: 8 times
Contact:

#11

Post by е и ժ е я » Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:11 pm

Fighter Jet
I muttered 'light as a board, stiff as a feather' for 2 days straight and now I've ascended, ;aughing at olympus and zeus is crying

User avatar
Thanous
Posts: 4006
Joined: Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:22 pm
Location: pluto
Contact:

#12

Post by Thanous » Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:18 pm

Never met a girl named jet but I have heard of a guy named jet, so I'll assume guy.

We are male
Inventory:
Hot towels
Candles

The lights flash
On
Off
On
Off

The sound of a ___ being juiced can be heard.
Image
What is being juiced?
Orange
Tomato
Grapefruit
Carrot
Image

User avatar
Softguitar
Posts: 2144
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:56 pm
Location: The Coffee Shop

#13

Post by Softguitar » Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:05 am

Don't they all make the same sound except for a carrot? I'll go with grapefruit.
"You tried, step aside, you're denied." - Marie

User avatar
Thanous
Posts: 4006
Joined: Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:22 pm
Location: pluto
Contact:

#14

Post by Thanous » Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:28 am

Out of the darkness comes...
Image
The Thing carries you over a glass of grapefruit juice.

We are male
Inventory:
Hot towels
Candles
Grapefruit juice

You can see a smile in the darkness.
Image

((Pretend this isn't the Cheshire cat))

"DoU you LEYEke iT?"

What do you wanna reply?

Would you like to take any actions? (Must involve one of your items)

Along with that, you seee a light flicker across the room.
Every 5 flashes a
shadow can be seen.
Your masseuse is no where to be seen. To your knowledge
Image

User avatar
gameboyblue
Posts: 318
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:27 am
Contact:

#15

Post by gameboyblue » Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:01 pm

Sip the juice and shine the candle to the face.

User avatar
Thanous
Posts: 4006
Joined: Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:22 pm
Location: pluto
Contact:

#16

Post by Thanous » Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:27 am

You take a sip of your grapefruit juice. To your surprise it has a strong scent of alcohol, but tastes of peaches. You're not sure if you enjoy it or not.

You shine the candle to it's face
Image
((pretend he's standing by a juicer and wearing a tuxedo))
you pull back the candle
Image

((again, pretend))

You shine the candle on him again

There is nothing more there.

You feel a breathing on your neck

You
see a pair of shoes behind you.

The candle goes
out

We are male
Inventory:
Hot towels
Unlit candle
3/4's cup of Grapefruit juice

"LeFt OR RIghT?"

If you want to take any more actions you may as well.
Image

User avatar
smol Kat
Posts: 8999
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:22 pm
Location: Now THAT's a katana!
Has thanked: 34 times
Been thanked: 15 times

#17

Post by smol Kat » Sat Dec 27, 2014 12:25 pm

left
Do you know how much you mean to me
Why must you leave~?

User avatar
Thanous
Posts: 4006
Joined: Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:22 pm
Location: pluto
Contact:

#18

Post by Thanous » Sat Dec 27, 2014 2:54 pm

You reach your left hand behind you to grab what you think to be a left shoe.

You reeeeach into it to grab ahold

CHOPPPP

Your middle and ring finger have been chopped off!


The Creature laughs, and fades away

The room is now lit as it once was.

It also appears that it was a right shoe that you grabbed, that darn creature!

A masseuse ENTERs the room, a wide smile that you seem to recognize is on her face.

You look down at your hand, your fingers are still gone but the wound appears to be healed, and you are only wearing one shoe...

...a right one...

We are male, we don't have a middle or ring finger on our left hand. Health 100
Inventory:
Hot towels
Unlit candle
3/4's cup of Grapefruit juice
Right shoe

CUT TO:

INT. COFFEE SHOP - DAY

The cafe is nearly empty. A lone woman sits at a table.

What is her name?

Choose 1 item:
Book
Mac
PC
Typewriter
iPhone
Android
Blackberry
Image

User avatar
Softguitar
Posts: 2144
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:56 pm
Location: The Coffee Shop

#19

Post by Softguitar » Sat Dec 27, 2014 3:30 pm

Alice.

Taking the book. Because books are useful... sometimes.
"You tried, step aside, you're denied." - Marie

User avatar
I REALLY HATE POKEMON!
Posts: 28106
Joined: Thu Jun 08, 2000 1:00 am
Location: California, U.S.A
Been thanked: 2 times

#20

Post by I REALLY HATE POKEMON! » Sat Dec 27, 2014 9:42 pm

book

theres a pc and you pick book

Post Reply

Return to “Social Games and Role Playing”