If you previously registered on VGF XenForo boards, you will need to use the forgot password feature in order to be able to post here. If you do not receive a password reset by e-mail, use the contact page or post in registration/login help.

Interest in play-by-post Dungeon World or similar?

Where forum games are played.

Moderator: Heroine of the Dragon

StarryPeach

Post by StarryPeach » Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:03 pm

[QUOTE="Empty Loot, post: 1567684, member: 21459"]don't make me give you thin body, poor clothes, wild hair, and fiery eyes[/QUOTE]
Just change his name to "Florent L'Belle" and it's all good.

LOOT

Post by LOOT » Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:04 pm

can I just call him Florence

StarryPeach

Post by StarryPeach » Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:19 pm

*shrug* Works for me, as long as you keep his original description.

LOOT

Post by LOOT » Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:33 pm

Oh hey let's change the rules quickly! For your starting race, choose whatever race you want to be, even if it's not on the given list or technically "supported", and then choose one of the abilities that's listed for your racial. If you already chose your race and want to change it, feel free.

Basically if you want to be a half-orc, walking cat, hobgoblin, pretty much anything in any D&D setting, go for it.

StarryPeach

Post by StarryPeach » Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:53 am

Name: Memylir
Class: Cleric
Race: Human
Alignment: Good
Looks: Average build, but slightly curvy. Eyes are violet, kind yet sad. Hair is cut into an A-line bob, blue-green in color. Wears flowing robes.
(alternatively you can look here--it's only the head though)

Stats:
STR: 8
DEX: 12
CON: 9
INT: 15
WIS: 16
CHA: 13

Starting Moves
  • Deity: Ishume / Domain: Healing and Restoration / Petition: Suffering
  • Divine Guidance
  • Cast a Spell (Wis)
  • Commune
  • Turn Undead
  • (Wizard Spell -- due to being Human) Telepathy
Starting Gear
  • Symbol of the Divine: Medallion with a green gem of sorts in it
  • Dungeon Rations
  • Chainmail
  • Warhammer
  • Healing Potion
Looto, if you need me to change anything on my character to fit into this game, I will if you let me know.

LOOT

Post by LOOT » Sat Oct 17, 2015 5:07 am

So while we wait for the rest and hopefully one or two other people to join up, I think we can start up the setting.

---

Vanguard! A rustling, bustling city, and what a city that rustles and bustles! A port that connects multiple countries together, this center of commerce and communication brings forth the greatest variety of travelers. Warriors and worriers gather to discuss their future, mages and pages share knowledge, many a traveling minstrels and musicians afford their night stay with a wide variety of shows and concerts. In this city, there is no shortage of work for those willing to dirty their hands a bit, literally or figuratively and usually both at the same time. To ensure these lesser-wanted activities are kept on the down-low, there is no shortage of patrols to ensure the safety of those entering and those leaving. After all, if wind catches that you're about to embark on a job to take down a black market, your life is forfeit.

Vanguard is primarily a minotaur establishment, marking their freedom from the elves and humans of this land. Hundreds of years since alliances have been forged and past tensions have eased. Now they also welcome races of all, followers of many, with the sole rule of don't mess with people. Halflings raffle off rarities from the deserts of the south, hobgoblins offering contracts of goblin workers to fulfill large numbers of building demands. And you... you're here to find adventure and glory, are you not?

And so, let us start our adventure a bit off the nose. We find one of our first heroes of this story. A wandering, strange Bard.

[USER=30663]@Hallowgarmander[/USER] NARD! You have recently received word of a most interesting contract of work at a pub you recently visited. You have recently enticed a group of wanderers to join in on this perilous quest. What kind of work have you received recently?[DOUBLEPOST=1445072863,1445072777][/DOUBLEPOST]dp: And [USER=26554]@Microphone_Kirby[/USER] Galois! You were the first to hear of Nard's recruitment. What riches are we looking at, and is it a reward or is it the actual adventure that will reward you?

Random User

Post by Random User » Sat Oct 17, 2015 9:30 am

Name: Ruby
Class: Thief

Alignment: Neutral
Looks: Lithe build and pale skin. Her shifty eyes are green and her black, matted hair falls a little bit beyond her shoulders. Typically wears a cowl and some type of dark leather armour.

STATS
STR:
DEX: 16
CON: 13
INT: 9
WIS: 8
CHA: 15

Staring Moves
Trap Expert
Tricks of the Trade
Backstab
Flexible Morals
Poisoner (Bloodweed)

Starting Gear
10 Coins
Dungeon Rations
Bloodweed (3 uses)
Leather Armour
Dagger
Short Sword
Throwing Daggers (x3)
Healing Potion

Jere

Post by Jere » Sat Oct 17, 2015 9:43 am

Im game if we can get some sceduling figured out!
Beep Boop absolutely not a bot!

Microphone_Kirby

Post by Microphone_Kirby » Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:05 pm

First:
[QUOTE="Empty Loot, post: 1567693, member: 21459"]Oh hey let's change the rules quickly! For your starting race, choose whatever race you want to be, even if it's not on the given list or technically "supported", and then choose one of the abilities that's listed for your racial.[/QUOTE]
Slightly changing my race: 1/4 Elf, 3/4 Human(w/ its racial ability).(can I change my character sheet to reflect this change?)
Granted all of this is purely cosmetic - it doesn't change anything about my character - but I just wanted to do this anyway.

Second, about my racial ability(choose a cleric spell: You can cast it as if it was a Wizard spell): I'd take the "cure moderate wounds" spell, but do I need to be the proper level before I can inscribe it?

Finally:
[QUOTE="Empty Loot, post: 1567838, member: 21459"]And [USER=26554]@Microphone_Kirby[/USER] Galois! You were the first to hear of Nard's recruitment. What riches are we looking at, and is it a reward or is it the actual adventure that will reward you?[/QUOTE]
Well... I heard that there was going to be ancient treasure of some sort. I imagine like relics, talismans, or just simple gold.
I'm not that interested in getting rich - I just need food and equipment and extra coin in case I need something; it's when I heard the word "ancient" I suddenly became intrigued about the job.

Valigarmander
Supermod

Post by Valigarmander » Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:23 pm

[QUOTE="Empty Loot, post: 1567838, member: 21459"][USER=30663]@Hallowgarmander[/USER] NARD! You have recently received word of a most interesting contract of work at a pub you recently visited. You have recently enticed a group of wanderers to join in on this perilous quest. What kind of work have you received recently?[/QUOTE]
In my perpetual search for a living wage I somehow found myself in that pub hunting for job offers. Normally I'd accept only the highest quality of work, befitting someone of my stature and refinement, but lately I've fallen into a bit of a rut, and I'd be willing to do just about anything for a wage. Anything to give me a break from doing childrens' birthday parties every day and bachelorette parties every night.

Luck was on my side tonight, as I made the acquaintance of an old fellow who appeared to be quite rich. It seems he was the owner of an old keep to the north, one that had been in his clan for centuries but now he felt had to leave his hands. He was looking for someone to help him prepare the estate for sale, and I eagerly jumped at the opportunity. As it turns out though the gentleman wasn't looking for a realtor or someone to touch up the frescoes... the grounds may or may not be cursed and may or may not have some kind of unholy infestation that needs to be cleared out before the open house next month. Such dirty work usually isn't my cup of tea, and I was about to retract my offer to help before he mentioned he'd give a hearty reward once the job was done. I can only imagine the kinds of goods that wealthy geezer would hand over in his gratitude.

Plus, you know how those old castles are... probably filled to the battlements with ancient treasures. I doubt the old man would notice if one or two or ten things went missing while I was there.

Jere

Post by Jere » Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:53 am

Never mind i got to learn yesterday that i need to look over some other sceduling so count me out!
Beep Boop absolutely not a bot!

LOOT

Post by LOOT » Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:24 pm

and here you would have been a worthy Barbarian :(

(or you could say Bard to throw me off)

[QUOTE="Microphone_Kirby, post: 1567891, member: 26554"]
Second, about my racial ability(choose a cleric spell: You can cast it as if it was a Wizard spell): I'd take the "cure moderate wounds" spell, but do I need to be the proper level before I can inscribe it?
[/QUOTE]
You can take the actual spell but you'll need to be the proper level to start being able to cast it, generally the rule. If you take Prodigy at level 2 you can start casting it then!

So, Bard has decided to take on the job of cleaning out a possibly or possibly not haunted castle for resale! Overhearing the conversation, Galois has become interested in the search for ancient artifacts. Now, Memylir and Ruby! You two were recruited after the job was taken! How were you persuaded to join? Did either of you know any of the others beforehand?

At this point, I will create a topic proper when I get home tonight. I should also be able to get character pogs up so we can start mapping out adventures. Until that point, anyone is still welcome to join for the very start! And if not now I can probably fit you in somewhere later in. The joys of roleplaying!

I just downloaded four podcasts for work. I'll have a LOT of nerding out done.

StarryPeach

Post by StarryPeach » Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:42 pm

[ooc: I'll write up a proper post later and edit it into this post, maybe, but I do have a few questions regarding the roleplay aspect of it because, yes, I was involved in a lot of roleplay before and I wanted to see how roleplay would be done in this game.

1) Do you prefer conversationalist talk (first person) or do you not mind third person, for more description?
2) Also you mentioned improv when it comes to giving information. Did you want the players to plan anything with each other beforehand or really just improv things on the spot?

That's all for now. [plain] :) [/plain]]

Microphone_Kirby

Post by Microphone_Kirby » Sun Oct 18, 2015 5:34 pm

^^ Good to know. :smile:
This post was edited to reflect that info and a minor race change.

LOOT

Post by LOOT » Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:42 pm

[QUOTE="Ringabelfry, post: 1568037, member: 19313"][ooc: I'll write up a proper post later and edit it into this post, maybe, but I do have a few questions regarding the roleplay aspect of it because, yes, I was involved in a lot of roleplay before and I wanted to see how roleplay would be done in this game.

1) Do you prefer conversationalist talk (first person) or do you not mind third person, for more description?
2) Also you mentioned improv when it comes to giving information. Did you want the players to plan anything with each other beforehand or really just improv things on the spot?

That's all for now. [plain] :) [/plain]][/QUOTE]
Third person may work best because there can be a lot of world building alongside character development. Although if you're in town or something I would think first person would work better for that classic WHAT HO GOOD TRAVELERS feeling

Idk when we start this up we can find a comfortable position

And yes improv is on the spot. I'm not going to make you all write the plot completely, but getting plot elements from other players opens up new perspective and keeps the game from having to be railroaded because the plot builds with you rather than having something concrete already put in and Val just killed the goblin quest giver dammit Val no give me the controller

(Also I am sorry Val I should have bought the fan additional book that adds a class called Dashing Hero you could have done that as well judging by your character)

StarryPeach

Post by StarryPeach » Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:10 pm

[ooc: Thanks, Looto.]

[QUOTE="Empty Loot, post: 1568032, member: 21459"]Now, Memylir and Ruby! You two were recruited after the job was taken! How were you persuaded to join? Did either of you know any of the others beforehand?[/QUOTE]

The good, yet overly dressed, bard came to me upon recognizing my robes of the clergy. He asked me if I had any experience with removing curses and purification, to which I answered that I was. He informed me that there was a task he wanted me to provide assistance with and that he would pay me richly. I told him I would do the task for free, for riches are not what I seek. Besides, I live but to serve, for that is what my deity would ask of me. I could have sworn I saw a sigh of relief but maybe it was just a trick of the light. This is my first time meeting anyone else in this task.

Random User

Post by Random User » Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:37 am

[QUOTE="Empty Loot, post: 1568032, member: 21459"]Now, Memylir and Ruby! You two were recruited after the job was taken! How were you persuaded to join? Did either of you know any of the others beforehand?[/QUOTE]
I have never met anyone in this party before this job. I had... miraculously overheard conversation between the Bard and his employer while looking for work at the local pub. Upon hearing the promise of riches I was quick to jump in afterwards and persuade the Bard that I would be of use to him. The Wizard and especially the Cleric make me uneasy, but I am fine putting that aside in order to get to the handsome reward. I don't know much of spirits, either. I plan on taking my pick of plunder when we deal with that problem.

ScottyMcGee

Post by ScottyMcGee » Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:31 pm

Name: Adder
Class: Fighter

Alignment: Neutral
Looks: Tall and lean, about 28 years old but with short white hair. Content disposition.

STATS
STR:
DEX: 16
CON: 8
INT: 12
WIS: 13
CHA: 9

Staring Moves
Signature Weapon
Bend Bars, Lift Gates
Armored

Starting Gear
Signature Weapon - Sword - I name it "The Harbinger"
Dungeon Rations
Chainmail and adventuring gear
22 coins
Shield
SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

Random User

Post by Random User » Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:09 pm

Are we placing the bonds in this topic, or in the actual adventure's topic? Just wanna make sure before I go ahead.

LOOT

Post by LOOT » Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:34 pm

In the actual topic. It's more role play based so it gives an idea what everyone is striving for, and also once you fulfill it you take on another bond.

Return to “Social Games and Role Playing”