Board Game Madness! (Monopoly = Finally over) (,-.-)

Where forum games are played.

Moderator: Heroine of the Dragon

Microphone_Kirby

Board Game Madness! (Monopoly = Finally over) (,-.-)

Post by Microphone_Kirby » Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:04 pm

OK... it's time to start the event you don't know you've been waiting for until it arrives: "Board Game Madness"!

First of all, I need to know what the adoring public wants to play before I do anything else (publicly). So vote for what you want to play, and don't be shy; you can vote for more than one of the choices but if you do, give one of the games you voted for Priority in case there's a tie between Two of the games you want.

Your Choices:

Monopoly: I'll run it like Traditional Monopoly, but I'll add the Speed Die with some personal Tweaks to the rules involving said die. 3-6 Players.

MP3 Duel Mode: For 2 Players, I'll probably just rip an already existing board and use that.
4 Players: Adjusted Blowhard for 4 Players (Dubbed "Blowhard Deluxe") and if this is chosen, I'll use that.
For either of these, you can choose the classic rules (Which is You have a set # of Hp and if it's gone, you're gone) or Point Style, where if you do damage to your opponent, you gain points = to the damage done.
Also, I added and changed up a few characters, so who knows for sure if it's "balanced"...? :crazy:

Fortune Street Standard and Fortune Street scrubEasy: Self-explanatory, if you played the game on the Wii. If you haven't (I'm not sure how to explain it in full (or well)), here's the short of it: it's like Monopoly in that you want to be rich/wealthy. Standard has Stocks(where they get more valuable the more valuable a District is; income supplements, I guess you can call them) and Districts (Property Groups) and Easy is the most like Monopoly as you don't have to think about Stocks and Groups are Properties that are sitting next to each other.
Not a good enough explanation (or don't want the short version)? Read this then. 3-4 Players. There's a wait time of about 2 weeks (Tops, hopefully) before it officially starts; will likely need to GIMP up a board. Using the 18 boards on the Wii version and a "Make something up you lazy bastard" option. For that I have something for "Standard" in mind...

Also note that Duel mode 2 and 4 Players as well as FS Standard and Easy are separate options.
So... who's game?

Validecember
Supermod

Post by Validecember » Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:08 pm

I'm game. I'll vote for Monopoly and Duel Mode, giving priority to Duel Mode. Though if there ends up being more than four people wanting to play I'll probably switch to Monopoly.

I REALLY HATE PRESENTS!

Post by I REALLY HATE PRESENTS! » Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:51 pm

How do you play Monopoly on a forum? I may be interested.

The Deku and the Ivy

Post by The Deku and the Ivy » Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:00 pm

I only know Monopoly of those listed. I'm willing to learn, though.

Microphone_Kirby

Post by Microphone_Kirby » Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:18 am

[QUOTE="I REALLY HATE POKEMON!, post: 1606735, member: 18119"]How do you play Monopoly on a forum? I may be interested.[/QUOTE]
Basically I take an image of a Monopoly board, which is plentiful on the internet, and put other images (the tokens (or images used as tokens), houses and hotels, etc.) and manipulate those on the board whenever I need to.
Other info - like Money and deeds - can be text only.
[QUOTE="Deku Tree, post: 1606736, member: 18320"]I only know Monopoly of those listed. I'm willing to learn, though.[/QUOTE]
I'll take that as "Vote for all, but Prioritize Monopoly". Correct me if I'm wrong (of course).

Microphone_Kirby

Post by Microphone_Kirby » Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:45 am

Vote Count:
Monopoly = 2
Duel 2P = 2
Duel 4P = 2
FS Standard = 1
FS Easy = 1

Unsure = IRHP (Unsure if "May be" was a sure vote, so it didn't count.)
Sign-ups officially end late Saturday, and you will be so sad if you miss your chance.

Also, something to think about if you're joining = choosing something/one that represents you on the board. I don't really care who/what as long as the image is PG-13.

I REALLY HATE PRESENTS!

Post by I REALLY HATE PRESENTS! » Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:53 pm

I'm in.

BTW PG-13 goes pretty far these days lol

Christmas PDN

Post by Christmas PDN » Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:02 pm

^Not as far as it used to.

I'm game for any of these, but I would prefer Monopoly.

Microphone_Kirby

Post by Microphone_Kirby » Sat Sep 03, 2016 6:36 pm

That's Time. 4 for Monopoly so we're playing that.
Calling [USER=18119]@I REALLY HATE POKEMON![/USER] [USER=30663]@Valigarmander[/USER] [USER=35827]@Random User[/USER] [USER=18320]@Deku Tree[/USER]

You need to give me an image of something or someone that'll represent you and a Color (that can be posted on VGF) that'll mark the owner of a property on the board.

Then Game options. (* is default option and will be chosen for a player if they don't vote for this option in time or don't care to vote)
the # of Turns (30 minimum, 50 Max) or Knockout* (until everyone - save one - is Bankrupted).
Short Game Rules (Yes or no*): Everyone gets 3 random title deeds (and pays for them)
Speed die = Keep until the end or remove once all properties are bought*
Wait time(Important!) = 24 Hours* or 48 Hours until I start making moves for you(I'll deny all trades and auction all Unowned property that you land on). And on that note:

Activity policy = Fail to make the time limit 3 turns in a row without warning me of extended absences and you're on Auto mode until you make an announced return(where I INSTANTLY Make moves on your turn). 6 Turns in a row, and I'll consider Bankrupting you. And I don't want to do that. :frown:
If there is an extended leave on your end, consider making a some program for me to follow, Like "buy any property when I have >x money" or "buy X property" or "Buy buildings when I have >x Money" or something like that and I'll do that instead of my default.

More about the speed die and the tweaks made = Normally you get an additional $1000 and is only active for any player that passes GO at least once. What's on them =
A 1, 2, or 3 = You move this many additional spaces (added to the white dice)
A Bus (2 sides)= You can choose to move the amount shown on ONE of the dice (EX = you roll a Bus, a 5 and a 4. You can move 4, 5, or 9 Spaces.)
Mr. Monopoly = After you move the amount shown on the white dice, you then move to the nearest Unowned property. You can choose to buy it if you wish. If there are no more unowned properties, you instead move to the nearest property OWNED by an opponent.
Other things to know = If you roll Doubles on the white dice, you still get another turn. If you roll Triples, you can move to ANY space on the board and you still get another turn (via Doubles). If you get sent to jail, the Speed die is negated and you go straight to jail. Only the white dice are used when trying to roll out of Jail (the speed die is still used in case you get out). Finally, the 1, 2, and 3 on the speed die ARE used for calculating Utility costs.

The Tweaks = I'm letting the Speed Die go ONLY after the 5th turn, and it will be used by ALL players, whether they have passed GO or not. The other tweak is an option for you guys.

*gasp, gasp* That's all. This is the time for questions, comments, complaints, and suggestions. I hope to start Tuesday night (or earlier), so you have until Tuesday Midday to make you Token/Color choice (before I make it for you). The game options are... optional, but if you see a default option you don't like...

Validecember
Supermod

Post by Validecember » Sat Sep 03, 2016 6:48 pm

WAH

I'm good with the default options.

The Deku and the Ivy

Post by The Deku and the Ivy » Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:02 pm

I'd vote to take the speed die out when properties are bought up.

Christmas PDN

Post by Christmas PDN » Sun Sep 04, 2016 8:30 am

Knuckles, please. Also I'm fine with default options.

I REALLY HATE PRESENTS!

Post by I REALLY HATE PRESENTS! » Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:18 am

Default is fine. How do we use colors here anyway? I had to quote MK to use this.

Microphone_Kirby

Post by Microphone_Kirby » Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:40 am

[QUOTE="I REALLY HATE POKEMON!, post: 1607279, member: 18119"]Default is fine. How do we use colors here anyway? I had to quote MK to use this.[/QUOTE]
It's the "A" with the grey underline.

Thanks folks. Game officially begins Tuesday, the first chance I get to the computer.

Microphone_Kirby

Post by Microphone_Kirby » Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:48 pm

... On second thought, I'm going to get started right away just in case anyone's impatient (like me :tongue: ) but not start any official Timer until Tuesday at Noon CDT.
Besides, I need to determine Turn order!
Val: 3+5 = 8
Deku: 4+3 = 7
IRHP: 6+6 = 12
Random: 6+4 = 10
So... IRHP, followed by Random User, Valigarmander, then Deku Tree. And don't forget that you start with $2500 due to the eventual use of the Speed Die.
Now... Beginning the game!

Since you can't trade money for money (and even if it was legal, why would you???) IRHP, I'll roll for you right away. Roll: 5+6 = 11
You move to St. Charles' Place, [USER=18119]@I REALLY HATE POKEMON![/USER] Buy for $140?
Note = I'll show an updated board every full turn. This is the start of turn 1, so you're seeing this now.
Status = Everyone with $2500

I REALLY HATE PRESENTS!

Post by I REALLY HATE PRESENTS! » Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:01 pm

Yes.

Microphone_Kirby

Post by Microphone_Kirby » Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:42 pm

Done.
Ah. I should mention that I'll allow trades with anyone at anytime, but they only take effect after the current player's turn and Buying Houses and hotels can only be done on your turn. It's less complicated this way, IMO.

Given that, [USER=35827]@Random User[/USER] I'll roll for you right now. Roll = 2+1 = 3
Feel like slumming it up in Baltic Avenue? It's only $60
Note = Money for property trades ARE legal.

Christmas PDN

Post by Christmas PDN » Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:49 pm

I'll buy it.

Microphone_Kirby

Post by Microphone_Kirby » Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:00 pm

Done.

[USER=30663]@Valigarmander[/USER] Roll = 3+6 = 9
Connecticut Ave. is for sale. Wahnt to buy it for $120?

Validecember
Supermod

Post by Validecember » Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:18 pm

Yes I wahnt it.

Return to “Social Games and Role Playing”