The Mystery of Missing Malaysian Flight MH370

For everything and anything that goes "bump" in the night or is unexplained.

Moderator: Validecember

Jesus

Post by Jesus » Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:28 pm

This is a huge ass **** plane. You can't really just.....hide it somewhere can you? We know that it was deliberately set off course to go west then right? We know that the transponders were deliberately turned off mysteriously too. Going into rational reasons, it was probably hijacked or the pilot was on a suicide mission to send it into the ocean without a trace. If hijacked, who would go through that much trouble to do it? The two fake passports suggested terrorism but we already tracked down those two. One of them had one to seek asylum in Germany. North Korea I guess is pretty quiet but they usually always are. I wouldn't put it past the country to do something this elaborate though. My guess if it wasn't sunk into the ocean would be North Korea. I hate to say that but that's the only thing I can think of other than the pilots being on a suicide mission to kill themselves?

I am nobody

Post by I am nobody » Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:30 pm

^North Korea has no history with Malaysia and wouldn't attack a plane carrying primarily Chinese. The Uighrs are the only ones with anything against China who have resorted to terrorism in the past, but they'd likely have targeted a domestic Chinese flight, and the fact that no one has claimed responsibility effectively rules out terrorism. There's no point to it if you never tell anyone who you are.

Pilot suicide is possible, I guess, but I can't imagine why they'd fly back over the country instead of just going down in the ocean that was on their route.

Hijackers who jumped out of a disabled plane would explain turning back over Malaysia, but if that were the case the plane's reading on India's radar should've had an absurdly low altitude and it would've been obvious where it crashed.

Marilincarnation
Supermod
Location: What if we die and it turns out God is a big CHICKEN?? What then?!

Post by Marilincarnation » Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:13 pm

Don't worry everyone, Courtney Love is on the case.
Carthago delendum est

Christmas PDN

Post by Christmas PDN » Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:20 pm

All those drugs must be getting to her.

I am nobody

Post by I am nobody » Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:22 pm

Those silly search crews just hadn't thought to look in the past.

CaptHayfever
Supermod

Post by CaptHayfever » Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:46 am

Based on Ian's jest, I'm going to guess Courtney Love is proposing the plot of Donnie Darko?

And remember, "I'm-a Luigi, number one!"

New! Tazy Ten

Post by New! Tazy Ten » Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:39 am

Yep. That's water all right.

smol Kat

Post by smol Kat » Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:47 pm

WHY IS SHE SO STUPID

I didn't think I could possibly dislike her persona any more than I already did but DAMN.
Do you know how much you mean to me
Why must you leave~?

Christmas PDN

Post by Christmas PDN » Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:57 pm

nyankat wrote:WHY IS SHE SO STUPID

I didn't think I could possibly dislike her persona any more than I already did but DAMN.
Hundreds of other people have done this as well. Courtney just happens to be famous.

smol Kat

Post by smol Kat » Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:19 pm

^and because of this she effectively makes it "okay"
Why must you leave~?

Christmas PDN

Post by Christmas PDN » Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:46 pm

nyankat wrote:^and because of this she effectively makes it "okay"
How? Lol. I'm inclined to believe most people dislike Courtney.

smol Kat

Post by smol Kat » Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:00 pm

I'd hope so. x.x
Why must you leave~?

Validecember
Supermod

Post by Validecember » Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:38 pm

Who the hell is Courtney Love? One of them newfangled reality TV stars?

е и ժ е я
Supermod
Location: Enough. My tilde has tired and shall take its leave of you.

Post by е и ժ е я » Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:46 pm

Valigarmander wrote:Who the hell is Courtney Love? One of them newfangled reality TV stars?
A person who 'was' addicted to heroin, and her husband shot himself. I'd say she's got her reasons for being a headcase, at least.
I muttered 'light as a board, stiff as a feather' for 2 days straight and now I've ascended, ;aughing at olympus and zeus is crying

Christmas PDN

Post by Christmas PDN » Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:47 pm

Olestradamus is Going 3rd Party wrote:A person who was addicted to heroin, and her husband shot himself. I'd say she's got her reasons for being a headcase, at least.
Also everyone hates her.

е и ժ е я
Supermod
Location: Enough. My tilde has tired and shall take its leave of you.

Post by е и ժ е я » Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:50 pm

Random User wrote:Also everyone hates her.
I'd say I consider myself part of everyone, and I just pity her, personally. Plenty of politicians if you need a target.
I muttered 'light as a board, stiff as a feather' for 2 days straight and now I've ascended, ;aughing at olympus and zeus is crying

Heroine of the Dragon
Administrator

Post by Heroine of the Dragon » Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:29 pm

10 days and still no real clues where the missing plane might be... this mystery just keeps on going!!! :/

The Aussies have started searching the Indian Ocean and according to news reported, the Thais have apparently only just admitted they had the plane on their radar at the time the transponder failed/was turned off, as well.

The search is now across both hemispheres...

http://www.news.com.au/travel/travel-up ... 6857475351
She lives in the clouds and talks to the birds...

Happiest faerie of VGF.

Tyler

Post by Tyler » Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:39 pm

Wow. Search area has really grown. Originally it was just the little bit of water in the SCS, but now it goes as far as southern Russia and Kazakhstan.

b l a n k

Post by b l a n k » Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:47 pm

And to think, Russia's got enough problems as it is.

Heroine of the Dragon
Administrator

Post by Heroine of the Dragon » Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:27 pm

A plausible theory being reported upon...

http://www.businessinsider.com.au/malay ... z2wLDLDwM5
Here’s Chris Goodfellow:

MH370 A different point of view. Pulau Langkawi 13,000 runway.

A lot of speculation about MH370. Terrorism, hijack, meteors. I cannot believe the analysis on CNN – almost disturbing. I tend to look for a more simple explanation of this event.

Loaded 777 departs midnight from Kuala to Beijing. Hot night. Heavy aircraft. About an hour out across the gulf towards Vietnam the plane goes dark meaning the transponder goes off and secondary radar tracking goes off.

Two days later we hear of reports that Malaysian military radar (which is a primary radar meaning the plane is being tracked by reflection rather than by transponder interrogation response) has tracked the plane on a southwesterly course back across the Malay Peninsula into the straits of Malacca.

When I heard this I immediately brought up Google Earth and I searched for airports in proximity to the track towards southwest.

The left turn is the key here. This was a very experienced senior Captain with 18,000 hours. Maybe some of the younger pilots interviewed on CNN didn’t pick up on this left turn. We old pilots were always drilled to always know the closest airport of safe harbor while in cruise. Airports behind us, airports abeam us and airports ahead of us. Always in our head. Always. Because if something happens you don’t want to be thinking what are you going to do – you already know what you are going to do. Instinctively when I saw that left turn with a direct heading I knew he was heading for an airport. Actually he was taking a direct route to Palau Langkawi a 13,000 foot strip with an approach over water at night with no obstacles. He did not turn back to Kuala Lampur because he knew he had 8,000 foot ridges to cross. He knew the terrain was friendlier towards Langkawi and also a shorter distance.

Take a look on Google Earth at this airport. This pilot did all the right things. He was confronted by some major event onboard that made him make that immediate turn back to the closest safe airport.
For me the loss of transponders and communications makes perfect sense if a fire. There was most likely a fire or electrical fire. In the case of fire the first response if to pull all the main busses and restore circuits one by one until you have isolated the bad one.

If they pulled the busses the plane indeed would go silent. It was probably a serious event and they simply were occupied with controlling the plane and trying to fight the fire. Aviate, Navigate and lastly communicate. There are two types of fires. Electrical might not be as fast and furious and there might or might not be incapacitating smoke. However there is the possibility given the timeline that perhaps there was an overheat on one of the front landing gear tires and it blew on takeoff and started slowly burning. Yes this happens with underinflated tires. Remember heavy plane, hot night, sea level, long run takeoff. There was a well known accident in Nigeria of a DC8 that had a landing gear fire on takeoff. A tire fire once going would produce horrific incapacitating smoke. Yes, pilots have access to oxygen masks but this is a no no with fire. Most have access to a smoke hood with a filter but this will only last for a few minutes depending on the smoke level. (I used to carry one of my own in a flight bag and I still carry one in my briefcase today when I fly).

What I think happened is that they were overcome by smoke and the plane just continued on the heading probably on George (autopilot) until either fuel exhaustion or fire destroyed the control surfaces and it crashed. I said four days ago you will find it along that route – looking elsewhere was pointless.

This pilot, as I say, was a hero struggling with an impossible situation trying to get that plane to Langkawi. No doubt in my mind. That’s the reason for the turn and direct route. A hijack would not have made that deliberate left turn with a direct heading for Langkawi. It would probably have weaved around a bit until the hijackers decided on where they were taking it…

I hope he's correct and that the pilots are discovered to have tried their hardest to save all lives on board.
She lives in the clouds and talks to the birds...

Happiest faerie of VGF.

Return to “Creepy & Unexplained”