Donations

VGF related discussion.

Moderators: Heroine of the Dragon, Shane

Shane
Administrator

Donations

Post by Shane » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:50 pm

I'm planning on using donations toward server upgrades. Should be able to afford one upgrade no problem based on donation history, which is double RAM and more hard drive space that will be good for backups. Not sure if I will bother/need to go up another level (more of the same and also another processor core). So far the forums are running very smoothly, but it's a little too early to judge and not sure what impact search will have. Don't want to go any higher than that. At the lower end, it's sustainable as a community hobby site so that expenses never really come into question

Will try to come up with some perks and am open to suggestions. There is not the same level of group customization where I can boost a bunch of different things for each group. The only easy thing seems to be more private messages with the option of ranks when those get more implemented and username color changes if someone wants that. Could easily list supporters in the team page. Maybe something like a one off larger avatar.

DarkZero
Supporter

Re: Donations

Post by DarkZero » Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:45 pm

what's the current situation for members who had supporter status before the switch?

Shane
Administrator

Post by Shane » Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:34 pm

I have a list, but exactly what I'm going to do with that other than modify the number of PMs is a matter of discussion.

Shane
Administrator

Post by Shane » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:36 pm

Added a simple donation extension with a goal, which for now has been reached.

Made registered users supporters as a default group, which changes their name color and rank. Will defer to mods if they wish to modify their primary group. I need to check into custom ranks and what sort of possibilities there are with that. Added supporters to team page. PM limit for this group is set to double, although I'm not sure I have yet finalized what I'm doing with PMs.
Now I know there's a reason you shouldn't blame others when you do something wrong, and that reason is: you might get caught and have to apologize to a bunch of dumb peasants.

Return to “VGF Site Discussion”