Honestly, I think the answer is no. Likes have only been around for a few years at VGF, and many members who are still active predate the like system by possibly even a decade. Tens of thousands of posts are considered, while only a fraction of those posts are eligible to even be liked.
But, hey, I had taken the time to think about it, so I decided to put a ranking together anyway. The VGF Quality Continuum was a simple division of a user's Likes Received by that user's Total Posts, giving us a % of posts that might be considered quality.
Some things to note, however.
- As previously stated, this list is heavily biased against members who joined the forum before 2011-ish, when Likes became a thing on VGF. The older the member (and the more consistent their activity), the more hurt they are by this.
- Conversely, this list is heavily in favor of newer members who became quickly active.
- This list is only comprised of the Top 50 Members in Posts and Top 50 Members in Likes. There may be members whose percentages are very high, but because they have under 11,267 posts and under 116 Likes, they don't appear on this list. I can't think of any example of someone who might fall into this category, but it is theoretically possible.
- Multiple likes on a single post really mess this whole thing up, so I'm just choosing to pretend they don't exist.
#. User (Likes/Posts %)
1. [USER=31048]@ScottyMcGee[/USER] (26.29%)
2. [USER=37690]@Softguitar[/USER] (20.52%)
3. [USER=26719]@Kil'jaeden[/USER] (14.69%)
4. [USER=30168]@spooky scary bearatons[/USER] (14.26%)
5. [USER=37063]@Mysterious NPR[/USER] (14.05%)
6. [USER=17381]@Booyakasha[/USER] (13.25%)
7. [USER=31164]@User Name[/USER] (12.47%)
8. [USER=25415]@Hell Orb[/USER] (11.55%)
9. [USER=29348]@Spritedude[/USER] (10.81%)
10. [USER=37303]@nyankat[/USER] (10.63%)
11. [USER=34539]@I am nobody[/USER] (10.56%)
12. [USER=30663]@Valigarmander[/USER] (10.34%)
13. [USER=15474]@Gumchum[/USER] (10.24%)
14. [USER=37587]@Erniewan[/USER] (9.83%)
15. [USER=37446]@Scarecrow[/USER] (9.44%)
16. [USER=38553]@Shaggy[/USER] (9.25%)
17. [USER=23923]@Antisocial[/USER] (7.97%)
18. [USER=30977]@CuccoLady[/USER] (7.91%)
19. [USER=21459]@LOOT[/USER] (7.64%)
20. [USER=35827]@Random User[/USER] (7.49%)
21. [USER=29448]@Classic Panfan[/USER] (7.30%)
22. [USER=17429]@Saria Dragon of the Rain Wilds[/USER] (7.09%)
23. [USER=19313]@StarryPeach[/USER] (6.87%)
24. [USER=35148]@Jere[/USER] (5.97%)
25. [USER=23215]@Marilink[/USER] (5.51%)
26. [USER=18320]@Deku Tree[/USER] (5.17%)
27. [USER=28177]@Wicked Witch of the Crest[/USER] (5.03%)
28. [USER=19345]@Tazy Ten[/USER] (4.98%)
29. [USER=37253]@monstrman[/USER] (4.91%)
30. [USER=27765]@X-3[/USER] (4.84%)
31. [USER=25169]@CaptHayfever[/USER] (4.41%)
32. [USER=19860]@The Missing Link[/USER] (4.32%)
33. [USER=22447]@S1x[/USER] (4.22%)
34. [USER=22385]@Heroine of the Dragon[/USER] (4.19%)
35. [USER=35833]@Glux[/USER] (3.71%)
36. [USER=29027]@Galefore[/USER] (3.45%)
37. [USER=17988]@mushroom[/USER] (3.44%)
38. [USER=18119]@I REALLY HATE POKEMON![/USER] (3.36%)
39. [USER=21628]@ZeldaGirl[/USER] (3.35%)
40. [USER=26922]@Sonic 5[/USER] (2.80%)
41. [USER=34654]@DarkZero[/USER] (2.77%)
42. [USER=22522]@Kargath[/USER] (2.69%)
43. [USER=17840]@Bomby[/USER] (2.49%)
44. [USER=28318]@Auron[/USER] (1.52%)
45. [USER=24674]@Daos[/USER] (1.46%)
46. [USER=22276]@Sim Kid[/USER] (1.20%)
47. [USER=34890]@Sir Bolt the Dragoon[/USER] (0.98%)
48. [USER=27534]@Nomyt[/USER] (0.86%)
49. [USER=15648]@Swordmaster Link[/USER] (0.75%)
50. [USER=1]@Shane[/USER] (0.70%)
51. [USER=34678]@Red[/USER] (0.61%)
52. [USER=31242]@March[/USER] (0.54%)
Congrats, Scotty. Roughly a quarter of your posts are quality material on the site. Thanks for the ~800 posts of good content. Shame about the other 2,200.
Points of interest:
- Red and March are the only two active members that are on the Top 50 Posters, but not in the Top 50 of Likes Received.
- The reverse is not true. Practically half of the Top 50 Likes Received members are not found on the Top 50 posters. (This is partially due to the fact that I only considered 25 of the Top 50 Posters as "active," and partially because this system is biased toward newer members with lower post counts)
- If we erased IRHP's Likes Given, Kil'Jaeden would probably be a bit further down.
- My original plan was to take the active members of the Top 50 posters and weigh their position vs. their position on the list of Likes Received. I abandoned this because 1. I had no idea how to do that properly math-wise, and 2. So many members on the Top 50 Most Liked were not found on the Top 50 posters list.
- Having joined in 2013, I believe Thanous (Shaggy) is the newest member to be found on this list.
- AI wins the title of "Highest position on Most Posts, Most Likes, and Most Quality." On those lists he is ranked #4, #2, and #8 respectively.
- Though Val is higher than AI in both post count and like count (#2 and #1 respectively), he is so much higher in post count that his percentage is not as high--though the difference is only 1%.
- As he is appearing on this list, X-3's user title of "King of Bad Posts" is wholly false.
- Realistically, this list means absolutely nothing. Quality is relative and this whole forum is full of nonsense.
- If we erased IRHP's Likes Given, there probably would not be enough likes on the board to substantiate this list.
- If anyone's interested, here's the spreadsheet I used for the data.