Review The Last Thing You Watched is the next 90's show to get an unnecessary reboot

Moderators: Apollo the Just, Bomby

DarkZero
Supporter

Re: Review The Last Thing You Watched is the next 90's show to get an unnecessary reboot

Post by DarkZero » Sat May 12, 2018 4:38 am

^^for me, it doesnt bother me too much when its steven and amethyst since they're gems so at least there's like an in-universe explanation for why they change sizes sometimes but there were several shots in recent episodes where sadie is just as diminutive as steven which looks WAY off like she's supposed to be an adult
Join the VGF Discord server! https://discord.gg/pbSDTAZ

Booyakasha
Supermod

Re: Review The Last Thing You Watched is the next 90's show to get an unnecessary reboot

Post by Booyakasha » Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:26 pm

SU--------"What's Your Problem"

Amethyst is awesome. Good old Amethyst.
boo----------------xbox forum arm-wrestling champion

Booyakasha
Supermod

Post by Booyakasha » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:34 am

'The Searchers'

...you know, Mom brought me up on John Wayne movies. Lot of my fundamental primal memories are of me sittin on the couch with Ma of a Saturday, watching 'Rio Bravo', or 'Quiet Man', or 'Stagecoach'. 'Big Jake' or something. But we never watched 'The Searchers' together.

It's a dark, brutal movie. Lots of human ugliness onscreen. Kind of think John Ford was getting through some stuff with this one. He was a real artist, man.

John Wayne plays against type in 'The Searchers'. Ethan is a grim, hateful son-of-a-bitch. Anyone who thinks John Wayne was a bad actor should watch 'The Searchers'. It kind of upset me, the first time I watched it. Good flick. Might be the best western ever (I don't say that lightly).

Booyakasha
Supermod

Post by Booyakasha » Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:08 am

'SU--------Reunited' went way, way off the rails, man. Totally bonkers. Great ep.

Bomby

Post by Bomby » Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:07 pm

Mission: Impossible - Fallout is the best American action movie since Kill Bill. This is not an exaggeration.

Get your punk ass to the theater right damn now. I don't care what you're doing. At work? Tell your boss it's an emergency. At school? Impromptu film class. Playing basketball? Time out. In the middle of your wedding? Kiss the bride and run down the aisle. On the toilet? Hold it in. In court? Contempt. In jail? Prison break. Locked up in a serial killer's basement? Hit the bastard over the head with the closest blunt object you can find. On your deathbed? Down the strongest medicine they have. Watching a different movie? Tell the projector to pause that ****. This is important. This means something.

Apollo the Just

Post by Apollo the Just » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:18 am

I watched Teen Titans Go! to the Movies because I **** love Lloyd Irving and I was not about to pass up an opportunity to see his voice actor in theaters as my other teenage crush.

Also, I went with a friend who I might not see again for literally years because they're about to move overseas, and this friend also loves ToS, so we went in full Lloyd Irving and Kratos Aurion cosplay because **** Y O L O.

It was way more hilarious than I expected. I was losing my **** the entire time. Laughed my ass off, and then we went back to my friend's place and were like "YO WE SHOULD WATCH THE ORIGINAL TEEN TITANS SERIES" aaaand yeah I've been bingeing it ever since.

It's so GOOD. It's so anime but ay I'm a weeb idgaf. All the teenage-friends-with-different-priorities-and-boundaries dynamics are so good, they're all trying so hard, Slade is a creepy ass mofo, god i love all of them, ROBIN ILU BUT NEEDS MORE DEMON FANG.

10000000000/10

Random User

Post by Random User » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:22 am

^I can't divorce Slade's VA in that from Bojack Horseman, which has made the trailers for that film unexpectedly funny to me.

I went to see Ant Man and the Wasp - I hadn't seen the first one, but thankfully it seems I didn't really need any context set up to understand this movie. Glad it had a more self-contained and personal plotline this time around, after all the HIGH STAKES UNIVERSE/WORLD WILL DIE plots it's nice to have something that is still high-stakes but feels like it has motivation other than "save the planet!" driving it. Plus I feel like with quite a few Marvel sequels you usually are either expected to know things from previous films before coming in to watch it.

I didn't expect to like it very much and went to see it because my girlfriend and her dad wanted to see it, but was very pleasantly surprised.

Booyakasha
Supermod

Post by Booyakasha » Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:28 pm

Was babysitting Emmy earlier. Put on morning children's television for her to watch a little whilst puttering about.

You know, I kind of thought I'd plumbed the depths of horror with 'Max and Ruby' and 'Mickey Mouse Clubhouse'. 'Elmo's World' and all. Then, today,
I saw 'Pinkalicious' for the first time, and I caught a glimpse of true eldritch evil. Darkness beyond time or reason. I looked into the void, and it looked back.

Guess these children's shows really are educational.

Random User

Post by Random User » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:33 am

I also recently finished up watching both Durarara and DurararaX2. I'm really picky about what anime I like, but this one really surprised me with just how much I enjoyed it. The writing was really well-done and introduced a lot of characters without watering down their backstory or personalities, and did a great job at sewing all of these character's lives together by the end, culminating in one large climactic event at the end of both DRRR!! and DRRR!!X2. Ryogo Narita did an excellent job with this series.

Return to “Movies, Television, and Animation”