KTiger's coming in

Welcoming new members, and farewelling those who have to leave our presence.

Moderator: Saria Dragon of the Rain Wilds

KTiger_44

KTiger's coming in

Post by KTiger_44 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:29 am

Hello everyone!

I've created an account here as I'd like to discuss video games on a forum (facebook etc don't cut it for me, since discussions are always buried after a couple days, the same questions get asked over and over again, and interesting content disappears within a week), and it's the first one I've found that is still alive and kicking; others felt like I stepped in a haunted house or something, or on the private forum of 3 eternal survivors that stayed there alone for the last 4 years.
I'm from Belgium, am 29, grew up on the Super NES and N64, and later on went towards the PS2, and then switched to PC gaming. My best game related memories are pretty much all of A Link to the Past, Goldeneye, the Ace Combat PS2 trilogy, and after that I sank thousands of hours into the Civilizations and Hearts of Iron series, and into Il-2 Sturmovik and War Thunder as well.

Now that I've dug up my old (perfeclty working!) consoles from my parents' attic after a visit there, I'm preparing to dig back into my childhood games, and hope to talk about them with you guys: everyone knows that forum users are at least old enough to remember the N64 and PS1, and that's a strict minimum :rotfl:

I REALLY HATE PRESENTS!

Re: KTiger's coming in

Post by I REALLY HATE PRESENTS! » Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:54 am

N64 and PS1...? I am an old and wise sage brought into existence during the "third generation" of gaming. I can relay to you the wonders of a bygone era, lost to history--a fleeting legend.

I'm not really into many of the games you listed, but LttP was one of my favorites. I remember being utterly confused by how open and massive and complex it was when I was little, I liked it but just couldn't progress much. Same for lots of RPGs, I wanted to enjoy them but the genre was beyond me. So I played junk like Bubsy and Taz-Mania instead.

Anyway, welcome to the forums!
Last edited by I REALLY HATE PRESENTS! on Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Validecember
Supermod

Post by Validecember » Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:12 am

Welcome to VGF! I think most of the active members here grew up with the SNES/N64/PS1, myself included. My first video game experience was with Super Mario Bros. on the NES, but most of my favorite games were on the SNES, and I grew up with a N64 and PS1 as well. I played a lot of GoldenEye as a kid, but oddly enough never got around to playing A Link to the Past until I was an adult.

Hope you'll stick around. We're always open to new members.

New! Tazy Ten

Post by New! Tazy Ten » Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:40 pm

Welcome to the forum! It's always nice to see new faces around here.

Marilincarnation
Supermod
Location: What if we die and it turns out God is a big CHICKEN?? What then?!

Post by Marilincarnation » Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:17 pm

Hey, welcome! Stick around a while!

е и ժ е я
Supermod
Location: Enough. My tilde has tired and shall take its leave of you.

Post by е и ժ е я » Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:19 am

Hey matey, welcome to the site. It's a shame that so many once-active communities are now dead, people only have so much time in their lives and the people who used to participate have now been deeply entrenched in the adult worlds into which they've graduated.

Facebook is kind of a graveyard for ideas, it seems like, your sentiments match mine closely. The format's all reposts of jpegs for the billionth time, not much original going on and a lot of really awful political stories. So screw that, eh?

LttP's the title on your list for which I have the fondest memories. I played it before it launched during Nintendo's tour of malls in the US, when they were doing promotions for the SNES. The previous Zelda games always seemed really adult and kind of like magical artifacts, with their metallic cartridges and tasteful art. The third was the first that seemed like a fully realised world in-game, though, and it's definitely one of the first games of its ilk overall. Many good times were had with it, wish I could go back and re-live those distant memories. I've since played it to death and kind of regret having the whole world burned into my mind, but eh, use it while it lasts, I suppose?
I muttered 'light as a board, stiff as a feather' for 2 days straight and now I've ascended, ;aughing at olympus and zeus is crying

KTiger_44

Post by KTiger_44 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:35 am

Thanks for your warm welcome! Yeah, LttP was definitely impressive with its world, villages etc... It was overwhelming when I was a kid, but I managed to beat it for the first time sometime in 2008 or something :lol:
I REALLY HATE POKEMON, don't worry, I was saying that forum users are at least old enough to remember these consoles, I'm of course aware that there were video games and gamers before; for example, my father-in-law had one of the first NES, and my father coded his own games on his computers in the late 70s. I had the occasion to play on said NES and to try some Commodore 64 games as well, but I didn't mention them because these were rare events.
Oh, and I played on the family PC as well sometimes, I ended up beating Von Richtoffen's real life record in Red Baron and mastering most planes available in Aces over Europe!

mushroom

Post by mushroom » Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:13 pm

Welcome!

steeze

Post by steeze » Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:10 pm

Welcome bud

Heroine of the Dragon
Administrator

Post by Heroine of the Dragon » Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:09 pm

Hello and welcome to our special blend of madness... *gives you marshmallows*... you've made me all nostalgic for my N64 now... Hope to see you around the boards a lot!! ;) :D
She lives in the clouds and talks to the birds...

Happiest faerie of VGF.

CaptHayfever
Supermod

Post by CaptHayfever » Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:12 pm

"KTiger's coming in" sounds like a Smash newcomer's reveal video; nicely done! :)

And remember, "I'm-a Luigi, number one!"

smol Kat

Post by smol Kat » Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:23 pm

OH GOODNESS hello!
Do you know how much you mean to me
Why must you leave~?

Return to “Introductions and Goodbyes”